Ohio-Cincinnati

Recommend a videographer!

I'm looking for a videographer for a Summer 2011 wedding.  My budget is between $1-1.5k for about 4-6 hours coverage.

I've looked into Dan at Poetic Cinemas and recently heard of Cinevita FIlms, which fall within the budget above.  But I think it would be good to also see if there's anyone else like those two I haven't heard of yet.

Can you recommend your videographer?
Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Recommend a videographer!

• edited December 2011
    I second Dan!  He is amazing to work with!
  • edited December 2011
    You should also call UC and see if you can post an ad for a digital student to do it. 
    UC can give you cheap things (students generally do not charge as much) and you can look at portfolios and what not.  Digital (in DAAP) and e-media (in CCM) would be good.
    My sister got a guitarist from CCM for her wedding and he was great and less expensive than most.
    That and digital kids know After Effects (a nice animation/video editing program) and can do a lot of things for you after the fact.  E-media I'm not as sure about - I know they have to do small films though.
    the wedded pups - large
    jason + katherine - wedded 6.18.2011
  • clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    kitkatherine, which number do I call?  Would I call a random professor in those departments?
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I actually just booked someone for our June 2011 wedding.  His name is Shawn from MatriMoments.  I was really impressed with his work!  They have a lot of "extras" for a non-extra price!  We wanted to stay around $1K for our budget and he was able to customize a package for us.  Here is the website of his work. 

http://matrimoments.com/

Good luck!
  • jenn1981jenn1981 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    www.roarkproductions.com

def rec him! he's a professional videographer for a local tv station and shoots weddings and corporate events on the side. his camera and equipment iare top notch and his prices are great. i know he has some sample videos he can send you if you contact him. GL!!
    Jenn & Jason
    September 27, 2008
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • EABinkholderEABinkholder member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dan with Poetic Cinema is the way to go! He does amazing work and it a joy to be around the day of. I would recommend him to anyone! Good luck!
  • kishkylekishkyle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Who are you going with?
    Cinevita videos looked pretty good.
    I am also in the process of selecting a videographer. My wedding is set for sep 2010.
    Everyone seems to be too expensive !
    But Cinevita looks like good price and great quality.

• MrsSigX2BMrsSigX2B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We ended up hiring (at the last minute) a crew out of Louisville and we couldn't be happier with how the video turned out -- it's like we're the stars of our very own movie!! 

We used Chuck Biddle of ICVideo -- they are right in your price range and willing to work with your budget (as far as deposit amt, when balance is due, etc.) which was a HUGE help.  Since it was such a last minute decision I was pretty nervous how it might turn out, but it was truly awesome!!  They were great to work with also, very professional and on top of things. 
  • kishkylekishkyle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is great!!!

I have booked Braden.
    We will see how it goes....

Can you recommed a hairstylist?

Thanks
    Kish
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards