April 2013 Weddings

Double Sided Invitations- Help Please

So we ordered our invitations through an ETSY vendor and to save $$, we decided to do double sided invites and a postcard RSVP card. Basically one side of the invite is the invitation to the Ceremony and the other side is the Reception information. I have received some feedback on other boards saying that some people wont think of turning over the invitation to see whats on the other side- so now I am starting to get nervous that half of our guests will go to the ceremony only and the other half to the reception ( I know a little dramatic, lol) But still, has anyone received a double sided invite or heard of any confusion regarding double sided invites. Is there anything I can do at this point to ensure people turn the card over? :/
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Double Sided Invitations- Help Please

• I have never received one and I probably wouldn't know to turn it over either. Is there anything you can add to the bottom that says something like turn over for reception info?
  • I've never received a double sided invitation, but I feel like I would turn it over anyway just to see what the back looked like. Like pp said it could be a good idea to say something like flip over for more details on the bottom.

Anniversary
  • I would turn it over :-)
  • I agree that if you can add a brief line in smaller print at the bottom of the page that says "See reverse for reception details" or something to that effect, that would be good. If the order has already gone through I guess there's nothing else you can do, except maybe add a small tag with a note printed on it yourself (like, maybe you can tie a tag on a ribbon or twine around the whole ivitation?).
  • I'm confused how this saves money.. We have a one sided invitation that managed to give both the ceremony and reception info on it. Most invitations just say "reception to follow at____" you don't need to go into great detail. Reception cards are nice but if you don't want to spend the money you don't need to.
    158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
    4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_double-sided-invitations-help-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:3c62b66e-7245-4b44-992e-a547f7b65835Post:a33de6e2-322a-4b20-a37a-e8013415d412">Re: Double Sided Invitations- Help Please</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree that if you can add a brief line in smaller print at the bottom of the page that says "See reverse for reception details" or something to that effect, that would be good. If the order has already gone through I guess there's nothing else you can do, except maybe add a small tag with a note printed on it yourself (like, maybe you can tie a tag on a ribbon or twine around the whole ivitation?).
    Posted by tiny speck[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Ohh that is a great idea! The order was already delivered to us, so making a small tag to tie around should work! Thank you! :)</div><div>
    </div><div>Thank you everyone for your input! It seems its 50/50, so to be safe I will make a note for everyone about flipping it over.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_double-sided-invitations-help-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:3c62b66e-7245-4b44-992e-a547f7b65835Post:69bce039-d1a1-4cac-a5e8-2e8ab2d14a2f">Re:Double Sided Invitations Help Please</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm confused how this saves money.. We have a one sided invitation that managed to give both the ceremony and reception info on it. Most invitations just say "reception to follow at____" you don't need to go into great detail. Reception cards are nice but if you don't want to spend the money you don't need to.
    Posted by allychase[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I wanted to do it this way, however, all of our guests are coming from out of town so we needed to add more information about the reception. I guess you can say it also saved some paper too! :)</div><div>
    </div><div>Ps. We saved 50 cents per invitation by doing it double sided through our vendor.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have received an invitation like this and I didn't turn it over until it fell off my fridge and I realized there was more info o. The back. Granted I knew I wouldn't be attending this wedding because it was in California so maybe I would have paid attention better if I was responding as a yes
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards