Ohio-Northeast

Vendor Reviews 8/7

Our day went without any major issues and I owe it all to our vendors.  They were all great.  I wanted to pass them along:

Reception:  A+  Embassy Suites Independence.  We had a small hiccup in the beginning getting our date secured, but once it was wonderful working with them. Their coordinator, Katie, was great to work with.  Their facilities were beautiful and throughout the night thier staff came up to us numerous times to make sure everything was going well.  Our guests loved staying there and loved their breakfasts the next morning.  It was very centrally located for both east and west siders and convenient to the airport.

Photographers: A++++  Candid Expressions.  I can't say enough about them.  Darla and Mike were great.  They were super helpful and went above and beyond their jobs in making sure our day went smoothly.  Their prices are very reasonable and even though I have only seen my "teasers" they are beautiful and I can't wait to see the rest.  They made sure that we knew everything that was going on and even had to jump our limo when it broke down (see below).

Cake: A-/B+ Michealangelos Bakery.  I loved the taste of the cake.  I am a big fan of their bakery and love how their cake tastes.  However, when I met with them I mentioned that our flowers were hydrangea.  They suggested that we put them on our cake.  I told them that our florist suggested against it since they wilt so fast w/out water.  They told us that they do it all the time and it would be fine since they refrigerate it so long.  Well, they were wrong.  They were wilted by the time we entered into the reception.  I should have listened to my florist.

Flowers:  A+  Novak's.  We have worked with them for years.  Lynn was super helpful in helping me work within my budget and figuring out what I needed and what was "excess".  My flowers looked great. I told her that I dreamed of hydrangea.  She warned me up front that they wilt quickly w/out water.  She was right.  They did wilt, but I can't hold that against her.

Photobooth: A++++ Photobooth Cleveland.  We loved it!!  Our guests had a blast.  It gave them something to do if they didn't want to dance and now we have a great reminder of what went on and they are hilarious!

Band: A++++  The Avenue.  We booked them through Jerry Bruno Productions.  They were our splurge of the evening.  It was what people talked about all night.  Our dance floor was always packed.  They played a wide range of music and kept everyone going.  It made the night.

Limo: B Cutting Edge Limo.  The limo was really nice and roomy and our driver was really nice.  However he kept it going while we were out taking pics and when we got back in, he couldn't get it started again.  Our photographers who followed us in their own vehicle had to jump it. 

Rings:  A+++  Goldsmith Jewelers  I had my grandmothers ring turned into my wedding band.  They did a great job at custom work at a very reasonable price. 

Dress:  B- Catans.  It took 4 dresses to get my dress right.  Each time they got the petite length and not the regular length.  They did finally compensate me for the mix up but they always blamed the designer.  It was a big headache.

Bridesmaid Dresses:  C  David's Bridal:  Egh.  You get what you pay for.  Nothing special

Favors A+  Chocolate Dreams and Wishes.com  I had chocolate place cards made.  If you are looking for something unique check them out.  They were wonderful and everyone talked about them.

I think that was it.  If you have any questions, let me know.
my read shelf:
Robin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: Vendor Reviews 8/7

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards