New Jersey

Groom's Cake

Hi All!

So I'm debating about doing a Groom's cake.  I think it would be such a cute idea and a great surprise for him!  I have some questions: 

1.  Are you doing a groom's cake at your wedding or rehearsal dinner?  I think the dinner would be a little better because we will be a small group and I feel like we will actually eat the cake! Our wedding will have our cake and a venetian hour, so I'm just worried I'll spend a couple of hundred bucks and it gets wasted.

2.  Ideas!!!  Anyone have any great pics for inspiration? My FI is a huge sports fan all around...Loves the Yanks. Giants, UFC, Syracuse Basketball etc...so I was thinking of doing a cake incorpating all the logos of his favorite teams...kinda of like the cake below...with a more NY theme of course...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_GTsXOW2oJio/TLWiXpvgaKI/AAAAAAAAB6Y/xzONusxeJ18/s1600/Phillies+Flyers+Eagles+ball+cap+grooms+cake.jpg

Anyone have thoughts/suggestions? We are getting our wedding cake at Palermo's so I think I would go to them and see what they can design for me!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Groom's Cake

• LDamianiLDamiani member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_grooms-cake-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:cd29e564-8f54-4a6f-8907-ac97daa1d505Post:ff7e9f93-468f-4823-9281-e225726162e4">Groom's Cake</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi All! So I'm debating about doing a Groom's cake.  I think it would be such a cute idea and a great surprise for him!  I have some questions:  1.  Are you doing a groom's cake at your wedding or rehearsal dinner?  I think the dinner would be a little better because we will be a small group and I feel like we will actually eat the cake! Our wedding will have our cake and a venetian hour, so I'm just worried I'll spend a couple of hundred bucks and it gets wasted. 2.  Ideas!!!  Anyone have any great pics for inspiration? My FI is a huge sports fan all around...Loves the Yanks. Giants, UFC, Syracuse Basketball etc...so I was thinking of doing a cake incorpating all the logos of his favorite teams...kinda of like the cake below...with a more NY theme of course... <a href="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_GTsXOW2oJio/TLWiXpvgaKI/AAAAAAAAB6Y/xzONusxeJ18/s1600/Phillies+Flyers+Eagles+ball+cap+grooms+cake.jpg" rel='nofollow'>http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_GTsXOW2oJio/TLWiXpvgaKI/AAAAAAAAB6Y/xzONusxeJ18/s1600/Phillies+Flyers+Eagles+ball+cap+grooms+cake.jpg</a> Anyone have thoughts/suggestions? We are getting our wedding cake at Palermo's so I think I would go to them and see what they can design for me!
    Posted by LDamiani[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if it was the wording or my comp but I recopied because it seemed to be cut off!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Danes983Danes983 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!  I did a grooms cake and we had it at the Rehearsal dinner for the exact reason that you said.  more people wille at it and enjoy, but also it was a small group and DH was super excited!

I dont have a picture at work, but I did a poker table cake.  If you want to facebook me you can see it. Dana Daddario Cifelli or Danes983 at aol.com
  • cindyn9178cindyn9178 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_grooms-cake-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:cd29e564-8f54-4a6f-8907-ac97daa1d505Post:63cf6068-2b1d-4d3b-aa76-31ae3f36d922">Re: Groom's Cake</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Groom's Cake : I'm not sure if it was the wording or my comp but I recopied because it seemed to be cut off!
    Posted by LDamiani[/QUOTE]

it is all screwed up for me too and I can't read anything she said..
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did a groom's cake at the rehearsal dinner.. he loves football and the NY giants, and loves Carvel icecream cake, so I got a football cake, and a football field and they wrote NY giants on it. It was pretty cute, and inexpensive.
  • edited December 2011
    I am thinking of having this cake topper made into a cake for him.  I am going to give it to him at the rehearsal dinner.

Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yess @ the rehearsal :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • music11music11 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think we are doing one, but I never thought about doing one at the rehearsal dinner!  Good idea!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

• edited December 2011
    test
    September 2011 Brides Siggy Challenge: Reception Venue imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_grooms-cake-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:cd29e564-8f54-4a6f-8907-ac97daa1d505Post:227cbb26-9eed-4f03-aa1a-5f61c1b3b4e5">Re: Groom's Cake</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am thinking of having this cake topper made into a cake for him.  I am going to give it to him at the rehearsal dinner.
    Posted by LADY324[/QUOTE]

I am a diehard Jets fan, I would love that... Everyone seems to be doing it at the rehearsal dinner...

Sorry about the post Cindy, I don't know it kept being so weird to read!  It was basically ideas about the cake and one link I found..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cindy9178cindy9178 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    test
    Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here are pics of the icecream cakes

• kristen8040kristen8040 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I surprised DH with one, but I did it at the wedding instead since the baker was already bringing our wedding cake, I didn't want to bother and pick it up a day earlier.

Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker imageimage
  • edited December 2011
    I surprised my husband with a grooms cake at the rehearsal dinner. It was brain with a bride and groom zombie eating it, red velvet with cream cheese and coconut filling. It was AMAZING and an incredible price, done by Sweet Samantha. Best vendor of the entire wedding, hands down.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the ideas, these are too cute!!!...I will def check out some of these vendors as well!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards