Chit Chat

I'm Quitting!

So I've decided to quit smoking. I've posted this on my wedding month and this board so I can have some accountability. I know its going to be tough, but I'm going to be trying cold turkey, I hate having to take anything other than medicine and BC, and if that doesn't work I'll go to gum or patches. I've got friends at work, my friends at home and my fiance quitting with me. Send me your good thoughts! I think, no, I know I can do this!!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Bio!
Blog
my to-read shelf:
Audrey's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)

Re: I'm Quitting!

• That is awesome! Good for you. It sounds like you have a lot of supporters on your side, which they say helps. And the fact that your FI is quitting with you is even better.

You have to look at it as not only being a huge money saver, but also I am sure you will feel better and live longer. My dad quit about 15 yrs ago and he says it was one of the best things he has done. Also, my aunt quit about 5 yrs ago when the cancer she had scared the crap out of her that she was going to die. I think that would do it for me. Good luck, just stay strong and don't give in!
  • Good luck!  Quitting smoking is one of the best things i've ever done for myself and my family.  Keep your chin up through those rough patches and keep your eye on the prize.  It will be sooo worth it! 
  • Thanks ladies! I knwo its going to be difficult, but I knwo that I have a lot of people to support me durring htis tough time.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Bio!
    Blog
    my to-read shelf:
    Audrey's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • You are so lucky you have a support system! Good luck hun!
  • JFowleyJFowley member
    First Comment
    I quit January 1st of this year and it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be! The worst time was in the car or at work with other smokers when they would go for their smoke breaks. It took me about 6 weeks to get just move on from it! I smoked for a long time and thought I'd never be able to quit (FI had no faith in me quitting either which made me really wanna quit!) so here I am, a non-smoker, and it feels good to say that!
  • Good for you and you can do it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Planning Bio
    123image 64image 35 image 24image RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2010
  • srkropfsrkropf member
    First Comment
    Sending you support from Kansas! I'm trying to get my FH to quit smoking-- and so far down from 3 to 1 pack a day. He wants me to bring my dress home, but I told him he has to quit before I'll bring it home-- I don't want my beautiful dress to stink!
    Sarah Kropf Wedding Countdown Ticker 98image 12image 4image
  • That is Great!! Be strong! I have been trying to cut down as I don't want to be hanging out the window of my church in my dress trying not to burn my veil!  I know its hard, but the first few days are the worst! Be strong!!!
    imageimageVacation Till our honeymoon!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards