Attire & Accessories Forum

EXPERIENCE WITH XWEDDINGDRESSES.COM

I wanted to create a wedding dress from my own design.
Has anybody ordered there before?
Has anybody created an own and unique dress and ordered after sketches????

I love to herar from you brides!!
Julia
My date is 08-31!!

Re: EXPERIENCE WITH XWEDDINGDRESSES.COM

• It is probably one of those chinese sites. I would be weary as the final product is rarely pleasant from what I have heard
  • the dresses are made in china, yes, but i have seen a lot of very beatful dressen-even for 2$ on a german tv-show...all orderes from china-websites
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_experience-with-xweddingdressescom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:eb6534f7-5683-4ec9-9393-4ec87be01ea0Post:99d9aa1b-19fb-4bb0-9ecd-a738b2ac8e2e">Re: EXPERIENCE WITH XWEDDINGDRESSES.COM</a>:
    [QUOTE]It says they are in Arizona.
    Posted by missax[/QUOTE]
  • You'd probably be much better working with a local designer you can talk to. Plus be able to actually see, touch, feel fabrics, as well has have in-person fittings and consultations. Check Craigslist or post on your local board. I'm sure you'll find someone who can help.
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_experience-with-xweddingdressescom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:eb6534f7-5683-4ec9-9393-4ec87be01ea0Post:b63ed0c8-1589-4ffb-8b7a-fcdcdbaac575">Re: EXPERIENCE WITH XWEDDINGDRESSES.COM</a>:
    [QUOTE]Never buy a dress you haven't actually tried on in person.  Never!  They look completely different in person. Never buy a dress from a site that isn't  authorized by the manufacturer of the dress, like Maggie Sottero.  You can find out if they are authorized from the designer's website. If you find a dress that you really like, after trying it on, you can check for discount prices at reputable stores like Pearl's Place (Louisiana), RK Bridal (New York), or Netbride(Minnesota).  There is no discount on Maggie Sottero dresses.  Most others are discounted about 30%.  David's Bridal has their own website, and they manufacture all their dresses in their factories (in China) where they have quality control. If you want to design your own dress, you should first try on styles at a bridal shop to see what really works for you, and then you can hire a local seamstress to create your dress.  You will have better control over the results if you have it done locally.  If you have it done overseas, you will have no control over the results at all.
    Posted by CMGr[/QUOTE]

agree totally.

OP,

Keep in mind, it is up to you but many many many brides have bought off the internet in order to save a buck only to bite it in the butt...

Many dresses look gorgeous on models, but horrible on a normal person..you should ALWAYs try on a dress first
  • Eeeshk.. Ordering online is always a scary risk when you are looking for your perfect gown, for many reasons.

Money: You are paying for a dress that you have never seen, or touched. There is always a risk that you will not recieve the quality work you expect. I have heard strories of, and seen personally, brides who purchase online and are completely unhappy with the experience. And more often than not, they dont ever see their money again.

Fit: It is so hard to put any bride in a dress without being able to see her in person. Even if you provide measurements. There is always a possibility that the measurements are incorrect. If you are ordering a custom gown, I'm sure you are expecting it to fit perfectly when you get it. Just know that that will likely not be the case.

Quality: At our shop, even dresses that come in from well known designers come in damaged. Luckily, WE have the ability to send them back and to request new gowns. You might not recieve the same respect from a smaller company.

I highly suggest looking for a shop near you that might have an in-house seamstress!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards