Not Engaged Yet

Open Letter Wednesday

Dear new landlady,

I like you, and I'm in love with the apartment & the neighborhood, and I appreciate that you're letting me rent the apartment without having seen my application because you have "a good feeling" about me. (As you should, dammit!) However, could we please get our shite together about said application? I faxed it to you, I called to follow up & you said you'd never gotten it, I told you I'd just email you a PDF, you called me today saying you still hadn't gotten the fax. Say what?

I'm sending you my deposit today, and I can't wait to live in your apartment, but let's do better with our listening comprehension, yes?

Sincerely,
your new tenant

--

Dear SO,

Pretty please get your last paper done today? It would be super awesome if you could get rid of that incomplete, especially because you'll have a 4.0 once you do. And most especially because I'd like to enjoy some of this long weekend with you without that hanging over your head. And most-est especially-est because THE SEMESTER ENDED THREE WEEKS AGO.

Love,
your sweetie

--

Dear best friend from high school,

When, after not getting on Facebook for at least six months, you got on the other night just to change your name to your married name & send me a lengthy message bitching me out for us falling out of touch, I probably should have guessed that my reply the next night would not actually be read or answered anytime soon. However, you wanna do this via Facebook messages, we'll do this via Facebook messages.

Also, if you decide to unfriend me for pointing out the truth -- that no one could blame me for being frustrated that you would call me out on Twitter for not telling you I was coming into town (even if I hadn't told ANY specific friends I was coming into town), then ignore my texts and/or break any plans we did manage to make when (even if I could barely find time to sleep on a given visit) I texted to say, "You're right, I'm sorry, this is a busy weekend, but let's find some time" -- then it's probably for the best. 

Either way, I feel like crap, so if that was your real objective, congratulations!

Sincerely,
high school's over

P.S. Now that you've been married for five months, you maaaaay want to update your About Me section that was written after your divorce was finalized three years ago.

--

Dear redneck school board from hell,

Tonight is the last meeting of yours I will ever cover, and I'm so happy I may drink a whole bottle of wine when I get home.

Sincerely,
it's cute that you think I'm your friend

--

Dear NEY-ers,

Pursuant to the above letter, don't be surprised to see a poorly typed late-night KUI from me in about 12 hours.

xoxoxo,
melizabethp
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

Re: Open Letter Wednesday

• Dear Universe,

I hate searching for a job. I hate dieting and not seeing result. I hate waiting to get engaged. I'm frustrated with pretty much everything right now so could just one thing go right this week?

Sincerely,
    Super Frustrated

• motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Dear Saturday,

I love Saturdays but this up coming one has me doing my last dress fitting for the weddig dress and tea ceremony dress, and well I'm kind of freaking out.  Saturday why must you make me so nervous?  I hope that we can reconcile and and be friends again.

Sincerely,
    Hiding from the taffeta

Dear Weather,

Clear up and stay sunny and warm this weekend I have a lot of SUP to catch up on.

Sincerely,
     wasSUPlyn

Dear Danish Man,

Thank you SO MUCH for working on the kitchen, I really would like to bake soon and that can't be done when I have no kitchen.  I love you in your tool belt, so sexy....

Sincerely.
    Lady of the house

Dear G2G ladies,

I miss you all with your awesome quirks.  I also miss lounging in the pool and random antics.

Sincerely,
    Moto
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_open-letter-wednesday-38?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:44a3b1f3-3e07-41a8-a834-ff4d9a50936aPost:7093e8af-8bd2-4f3b-83f1-98a7b03a7916">Re: Open Letter Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dear G2G ladies, I miss you all with your awesome quirks.  I also miss lounging in the pool and random antics. Sincerely, Moto
    Posted by motoLyn[/QUOTE]

<div>This! I had such a great time and loved meeting you all.</div><div>--------------</div><div>
    </div><div>Dear self,</div><div>Get yo a$$ up off the couch. Work-from-home Wednesday doesn't mean lazy-time Wednesday.</div><div>
    </div><div>Me</div><div>-------------</div><div>
    </div><div>Dear Thursday,</div><div>Get here so I can do some SUP'ing!</div><div>
    </div><div>Me</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Dear Rangers,

Please win tonight. (sorry rdr)

Sincerely,

Rangers fan

Dear Director/Choreographer,

Please cast me in this show.  I really would be perfect for this role. Please don't drag this casting process out either. thanks.

Sincerely,

Hopeful Actress

BF,

You are wonderful thank you for surprising me with those concert tickets.  I can't wait.  Can you please get a move on with the merger here.  There is lots to do, please don't procratinate.

Love,

Very lucky GF

Anniversary

• motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_open-letter-wednesday-38?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:44a3b1f3-3e07-41a8-a834-ff4d9a50936aPost:95b8b505-8cf4-47a1-b022-2e20d9977e57">Re: Open Letter Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Open Letter Wednesday : <strong>Dear Thursday, Get here so I can do some SUP'ing! Me</strong>
    Posted by cu97tiger[/QUOTE]

Back at Lake Pleasant?  Tell me more!  I got you and Meg SUPing!!! So proud!
  • Dear Orioles,

I'm a Yankees fan.  That being said, I would still like you to WIN Friday and Sunday if I am indeed going to be visiting Camden Yard.  Thank you.  Please tell the weather to cooperate too.

-An Orioles Fan When They're Not Playing the Yankees

Dear Students,

You're in college.  It is not my job to babysit you.  Everything I teach will be on the test.  Believe me when I say that, but sure I'll write you a study guide.  But it's going to say the same thing.  Guess what, college isn't supposed to be a cakewalk.

-Seriously? You've only been in class for 6 days.

Dear Sister,

I think you are driving your boyfriend nuts.  If he doesn't want to get married instantly, he doesn't have to.  Duh.  I feel like you're going to chop my head off it I get engaged before you, and I'm pretty sure MY boyfriend is delaying the proposal because of your insanity.

-Somewhat Paranoid Older Sis

Dear Knotties,

You're really entertaining.  I like you even if I don't post 100 times a day :)

-Blue & White (Go Colts Go!)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Dear wedding dress,

I can't wait to meet you on Saturday! I promise not to eat another thing until then, so we can be best friends.

Love and other indoor sports,
    JenJen
  • Dear Family,

You blow. Siriously, I love you, but I'm over your antics. Get it together. I'm trying to move to another state, so it's less likely I have to deal with your ridiculous crap.

Love,
    Frustrated Daughter
    Dear Boss Man,

Thanks for the panic attack.

No love,
    Frustrated Employee
    Dear Pee k & Rdr,

2 days! I'm so excited! My 1st G2G + two wonderful ladies + great food AND alcohol in one of my favorite cities = a very happy me. :) I know, I'm silly.

Love,
    Excited Irish

Dear PA Family,

You on the other hand, I think you guys friggin rock. I'm trying to be closer. I promise.
    Plus, 2 days!!! :)

Love,
    Excited to be going home

Dear BF,

I'm gonna miss the shiiiit out of you. I hope this gives you time to work through some stuff as well as myself working through stuff. I love you. It means a lot to me that you pushed me to take this trip. Take care of yourself, ok? Make sure to take your pills on time, make sure to not leave dishes out, and make sure your laundry is caught up.

Love,
    A grateful and worried GF

Dear Self,

Do.... NOT..... Forget to bring home 2 cases of Yuengling and 2 cases of Birch Beer. You will not forgive yourself.

Love,
    Girl that misses the beverages and food from home that thinks Beer is a great birthday gift for stepdad

Dear Ollie,

I friggin love you. I swear we are separated siblings. I'm sorry we are having crankypants days. Wish I could make it better

Love,
    Sympathetic separated sister

Dear Swhite,

I'm so happy for you! :) I know you were stressing about houses/apartments. I know how stressful that gets! If you need help, let me know - you aren't THAT far from me. :)

Love,
    Irish

Ray & Jaycee,

Holy Crap. 4 days!!! Are you nervous? Excited?? Sending loving thoughts, best wishes and can't wait to see pictures!!! :)

Love,
    Irish

Dear Bean & Lauren,

Hmph. Sad face. That is all.

:) Bean, best wishes to Little Bean- I know he is convinced he is going to have a bummer summer - Give him big hugs!

Lauren, I hope you get to feeling better, lady!! I will come kick doctors in the ball sacks if it'd make you feel better :)<3

Love,
    Irish.
  • Dear Irish,

You got my number, message, call, whatever anytime if you need to talk during this journey/trip!

Im here for you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Dear Marathon Training,

I hope I like you. You be nice to me now!

Sincerely,

One nervous, freaked out chick!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Dear FI,

Somethings are out of my control right now. Please be patent with me, I need you by my side.

Love,

Me

• Dear Lyn,
    THANK YOU for turning my into a SUP-dict (that sounds weird, huh?).  Let's hope Craigslist turns up something good in the next few days - I'm anxious!  Also - I SO enjoyed our road trip and love that even when we were tired on Sunday, there was no shutting us up!  Oh - and Saturday will be SO fine.  I think you should SUP first thing because it always puts you in a good mood and it will give you dress fitting confidence!!

Love,
    Your car-mate

Dear Tiger,
    THANK YOU for hosting us crazy ladies at your house.  Um, and thank hubby for all of us too!!  Can't wait to see you . . . SOON!!

Love,
    Your favorite California girl in the mountains

Dear people with SUP boards who don't use them anymore,
    Please sell me yours.  WANT!!

Love,
    The newest SUP-dict

Dear body,
    WHY are you so tired today?  Seriously?  I know I did a two-a-day work out yesterday but that's no excuse.  Lock it up.

Love,
    Your owner
  • Dear Irish,

You rock!  I love you and have an awesome trip!!

Love,
    Ray

Dear wedding stuff,

Please finish yourself?

No love,
    Bride

Dear FI,
    I love you.  Sorry I am letting the stress get to me.  I can't wait to be your wife in 4 days!!!  I'm so excited!  We are off on the adventure of our lives!
    Love,
    Raven

Dear Room,

Please pack yourself.

Mess room owner.

Dear next 4 days,

Can you please help me not be stressed?  Maybe I need to drink more champgane?  Hmmmm... Yes

Bride in 4 days
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_open-letter-wednesday-38?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:44a3b1f3-3e07-41a8-a834-ff4d9a50936aPost:513efa75-3565-4e9e-aa05-484ecabcb2e9">Re: Open Letter Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dear Irish, You rock!  I love you and have an awesome trip!! Love, Ray Dear wedding stuff, Please finish yourself? No love, Bride Dear FI, I love you.  Sorry I am letting the stress get to me.  <strong>I can't wait to be your wife in 4 days!!! </strong> I'm so excited!  We are off on the adventure of our lives! Love, Raven Dear Room, Please pack yourself. Mess room owner. Dear next 4 days, Can you please help me not be stressed?  Maybe I need to drink more champgane?  Hmmmm... Yes Bride in 4 days
    Posted by ravenray[/QUOTE]

<div>SQUEEEEEE!! Every time. </div><div>
    </div><div>Dear Tiger, </div><div>
    </div><div>Thank you for such an awesome weekend! Seriously, it was one of the best.</div><div>
    </div><div>Love, </div><div>Audrewuh and her labia</div><div>
    </div><div>Dear Sprint and Verizon,</div><div>
    </div><div>Please stop mixing up my cell signal!! I'd really like to text my new BFF Shoes.</div><div>
    </div><div>Sincerely,</div><div>A VERY upset wireless customer</div><div>
    </div><div>Dear wine,</div><div>
    </div><div>You are yummy. Thanks for not letting me down.</div><div>
    </div><div>Love, </div><div>Girl who obvs hates her liver</div>
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Lyn not Lake Pleasant tomorrow, there is a lake just a couple miles from work that I am going to. Meg SOON please! ALL ENEYG2G2012 ladies, it was my pleasure to host you.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_open-letter-wednesday-38?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:44a3b1f3-3e07-41a8-a834-ff4d9a50936aPost:3b92dac4-8e96-4713-8288-0d4fd30c4716">Re: Open Letter Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Dear Rangers, Please win tonight. (sorry rdr) Sincerely, Rangers fan</strong> Dear Director/Choreographer, Please cast me in this show.  I really would be perfect for this role. Please don't drag this casting process out either. thanks. Sincerely, Hopeful Actress BF, You are wonderful thank you for surprising me with those concert tickets.  I can't wait.  Can you please get a move on with the merger here.  There is lots to do, please don't procratinate. Love, Very lucky GF
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

<div>BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!</div>

• SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_open-letter-wednesday-38?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:44a3b1f3-3e07-41a8-a834-ff4d9a50936aPost:57023f90-ec3e-47b1-8005-847f3b6f59a7">Re: Open Letter Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dear Family, You blow. Siriously, I love you, but I'm over your antics. Get it together. I'm trying to move to another state, so it's less likely I have to deal with your ridiculous crap. Love, Frustrated Daughter ****************************************** Dear Boss Man, Thanks for the panic attack. No love, Frustrated Employee ***************************************** <strong>Dear Pee k & Rdr, 2 days! I'm so excited! My 1st G2G + two wonderful ladies + great food AND alcohol in one of my favorite cities = a very happy me. :) I know, I'm silly. Love, Excited Irish</strong> ******************************* Dear PA Family, You on the other hand, I think you guys friggin rock. I'm trying to be closer. I promise. Plus, 2 days!!! :) Love, Excited to be going home ************************************ Dear BF, I'm gonna miss the shiiiit out of you. I hope this gives you time to work through some stuff as well as myself working through stuff. I love you. It means a lot to me that you pushed me to take this trip. Take care of yourself, ok? Make sure to take your pills on time, make sure to not leave dishes out, and make sure your laundry is caught up. Love, A grateful and worried GF *************************************** <strong>Dear Self, Do.... NOT..... Forget to bring home 2 cases of Yuengling and 2 cases of Birch Beer. You will not forgive yourself. Love, Girl that misses the beverages and food from home that thinks Beer is a great birthday gift for stepdad </strong>****************************** Dear Ollie, I friggin love you. I swear we are separated siblings. I'm sorry we are having crankypants days. Wish I could make it better Love, Sympathetic separated sister ****************************** Dear Swhite, I'm so happy for you! :) I know you were stressing about houses/apartments. I know how stressful that gets! If you need help, let me know - you aren't THAT far from me. :) Love, Irish ******************************** Ray & Jaycee, Holy Crap. 4 days!!! Are you nervous? Excited?? Sending loving thoughts, best wishes and can't wait to see pictures!!! :) Love, Irish ******************************** Dear Bean & Lauren, Hmph. Sad face. That is all. :) Bean, best wishes to Little Bean- I know he is convinced he is going to have a bummer summer - Give him big hugs! Lauren, I hope you get to feeling better, lady!! I will come kick doctors in the ball sacks if it'd make you feel better :) <3 Love, Irish.
    Posted by IrishDreamer[/QUOTE]

<div>CANNOT WAIT! 2 DAYS TO GO! </div><div>
    </div><div>Also, there is a slight (good) possibility that I will be hungover. I have a Devils game tomorrow night :) </div><div>
    </div><div>Yeungling is my FAVORITE! </div>

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards