Chit Chat

weird question

I read somewhere that you can go to your doctors and get a pill that will stop your period?? Just for the wedding though does anybody kno anything about these?? Thanks have a great day
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: weird question

• edited March 2013
    Depends on what you want. Talk to your MD, they'll be able to recommend something for you better than we can.

ETA: 
  • Uhhh...go on birth control for a couple of months?  But that requires a prescription, so you'll have to call your doctor anyway.
  • Thanks ladies. I don't want to go on birth control bc I just got off it about a year ago. We wanted a baby. But thanks I when I read it I just didn't know if it was really birth control or if it was something else.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kmbryant2413kmbryant2413 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2013

Too early for this kind of *insensitive rude word* this morning.
    my blog - for the love of ein
    'Next time, just fart.' - BriSox81
  • Right. Didn't think of that. But could go on the pill a couple months. I was on the shot for 7 yrs and it took my period completely away. But maybe go on the pill in jan? That's a couple months before. Like I said I just didn't know if it was the same.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_weird-question-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:18ac3436-3cec-4ec8-b1bc-ff7ebe375bd7Post:0795580d-7755-4564-8e7b-b2d1113b030f">Re:weird question</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:weird question : TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR!
    Posted by LingerLonger1[/QUOTE]

<div>Well, Linger's siggy says '<span style="background-color:#ffffff;font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;text-align:center;">*Everything in This Post Constitutes Legal and Medical Advice.*', so don't worry about asking your doc. Just trust the internet strangers. We know what we're doing.</span></div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_weird-question-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:18ac3436-3cec-4ec8-b1bc-ff7ebe375bd7Post:9df80c16-a6f5-430d-bb43-9d93c25cafe0">Re: weird question</a>:
    [QUOTE]Too early for this kind of 'tardness this morning.
    Posted by kmbryant2413[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>This is incredibly insensitive, ignorant, and thoughtless.</div><div>
    </div><div><a href="https://www.facebook.com/EndtheWord" rel="nofollow">https://www.facebook.com/EndtheWord</a></div>
    edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_weird-question-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:18ac3436-3cec-4ec8-b1bc-ff7ebe375bd7Post:685479de-ff11-4eb9-af8b-068418edea39">Re: weird question</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: weird question : This is incredibly insensitive, ignorant, and thoughtless. <a rel="nofollow" href="https://www.facebook.com/EndtheWord">https://www.facebook.com/EndtheWord</a>
    Posted by mobkaz[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh my goodness. Really? I am an intelligent and liberal person. I am impassioned for equal rights for everyone (those who are disabled absolutely included). Don't be so touchy this morning. I'll change it.</div><div>
    </div><div>ETA: Your words just further a circle of hate by calling another ignorant and thoughtless. So maybe you should think about what you type, too. You have no idea what I support, the rights I stand up for, and what I believe. Don't assume that I hate on people who are mentally disabled, I was raised better than that. I'm so sorry that I made a stupid mistake.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_weird-question-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:18ac3436-3cec-4ec8-b1bc-ff7ebe375bd7Post:15ca0af9-20ec-43cf-aaa3-198aa3a47f91">Re: weird question</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: weird question : Oh my goodness. Really? I am an intelligent and liberal person. I am impassioned for equal rights for everyone (those who are disabled absolutely included). Don't be so touchy this morning. I'll change it. ETA: Your words just further a circle of hate by calling another ignorant and thoughtless. So maybe you should think about what you type, too. You have no idea what I support, the rights I stand up for, and what I believe. Don't assume that I hate on people who are mentally disabled, I was raised better than that. I'm so sorry that I made a stupid mistake.
    Posted by kmbryant2413[/QUOTE]

<div>Really.  Words have meaning.  Words reflect the person.  Your "outrage" speaks volumes.</div>
  • I've seen every single episode of House so I'm pretty much licensed also..

But in all seriousness I went off of my pill a year+ ago and would pray for a period. When I got regular I started tracking my ovulation and period so you know when its coming. You're far enough away that you shouldn't be looking to totally halt your period. Just start tracking it and maybe it'll all line up for you.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    J + A [4-15-13] + JJ [1-22-14] 
  • PreDempseyPreDempsey member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_weird-question-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:18ac3436-3cec-4ec8-b1bc-ff7ebe375bd7Post:505fdd74-46f5-46ef-a6eb-7bbd7c36bb8d">Re: weird question</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: weird question : Or maybe it won't.  What then?

*shrugs*
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_weird-question-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:18ac3436-3cec-4ec8-b1bc-ff7ebe375bd7Post:cf0ebd99-40d6-4d17-bf7e-3e559fcbc555">Re: weird question</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: weird question : Sorry, but no.  That phrase IS offensive, and while you know I love you km, calling you ignorant and thoughtless is NOT using someone else's differences as an insult.  That's like saying calling someone insensitive who uses the F word is just as bad as using the F word.  One is a derogatory slur and a personal attack.  The other may a harsh opinion, but it's not the same by any stretch. Apples and Mac trucks, baby.  
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

<div>Alright. I apologized, it's not a word I really ever use, and I got called out on it. I was wrong, I'm embarrassed that I made a thoughtless mistake. </div>
  • In Response to Re:weird question:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: weird question:
    ETA: you could also get knocked up. I hear that stops your period. Posted by tarradesign[/QUOTE]

I was going to suggest this. OP said she wanted a baby, so my thought is just keep trying. If you get pregnant, no period.
  • Ok thanks just made an appointment for this Friday
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_weird-question-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:18ac3436-3cec-4ec8-b1bc-ff7ebe375bd7Post:c778989d-a0f5-4e30-a422-2ed90ea8cf4b">Re: weird question</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: weird question : Thanks.   ETA: It happens, no big.  Admitting it and moving on is what separates the big girls from the brats, so you're 5x5.
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm really not worried about it. I know myself that I don't use that word often, and in my hurry to be amusing made a mistake. You're right, it happens. I apologized and that's it. My thoughts have been elsewhere this morning. Thanks for the confirmation.</div><div>
    </div><div>Tarra - She's got a year, you never know. Dreams do come true sometimes. Anyone smell the gunpowder from that shotgun wedding? Lol.</div>
  • In Response to Re:weird question:[QUOTE]Ok thanks just made an appointment for this Friday Posted by jessi3617[/QUOTE]

That's impressive. When I made an appointment to talk to my doctor about BC, it took me 3 months to get in. Even when I found out I was pregnant, it took 3 weeks. But she also didn't need to see me until 8 weeks.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_weird-question-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:18ac3436-3cec-4ec8-b1bc-ff7ebe375bd7Post:16f78239-cd51-420a-9dbc-9871d65a1e60">Re: weird question</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: weird question : So you have no advice.  Good to know.

All I'm saying is that if girlfriend is planning on having a kid any time soon then BC might not be the best fix to not wanting your period on your wedding day, given the issues some people have with coming off of it and trying to conceive.  It's not the end of the world to not consummate your marriage on your wedding night and I'm sure she won't be the first person to get her period on her wedding day.

I'm biased because I had a hell of a time getting regular and wouldn't wish that on anyone who wants to get pregnant.

/advice    Is that better Linger?
  • Linger, I'm not trying to debate you on whether or not BC is going work or tell her DON'T DO IT! IT RUINS EVERYTHING.

Speaking from my own experience, as many other posters are, I'm saying since it is 13 months from now, it wouldn't be MY first choice.  I was on the pill for five years and got my period plenty of times I didn't want it. It's not 100% but I'm just playing the other side of the field. I never said she should change her wedding day, or that it wasn't at all important to have sex on your wedding night but mother nature is going to happen regardless.

• I think an important factor here is that not ALL BC stops periods completely.

OP you've done exactly what I was going to suggest- contact your doctor. Let them give you a list of options with pros/cons to each and how that may or may not affect trying to conceive.
    Anniversary
  • Must be nice to have BC as an option. I'm allergic to it, so I can't take it. I'm never regular, so I didn't know until last month that it looks like my period will hit on my wedding day. Sigh. And we can't reschedule the honeymoon.

Done whining now! In the end, I'm still getting married to an amazing man, so it's worth it!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_weird-question-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:18ac3436-3cec-4ec8-b1bc-ff7ebe375bd7Post:77fc6996-994f-43e7-be53-07414d500d57">Re:weird question</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:weird question : Ah true!  I am a WebMD trained doctor.  I know all there is to know about doctoring.

<div>WebMD: When it doubt, it's probably cancer.</div>
  • In Response to Re:weird question:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:weird question:In Response to Re:weird question : WebMD: When it doubt, it's probably cancer.Posted by CourtaniaLynnIt's ALWAYS cancer!nbsp; ALWAYS! Posted by LingerLonger1[/QUOTE]

Yep. It told me I had throat cancer due to my coughing. And to go to the ER immediately since my coughing was high pitched. My coughing is always high pitched.
  • In Response to Re:weird question:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: weird question:Linger, I'm not trying to debate you on whether or not BC is going work or tell her DON'T DO IT! IT RUINS EVERYTHING. Speaking from my own experience, asnbsp;many other posters are, I'm saying since it is 13 months from now, it wouldn't be MY first choice.nbsp; I was on the pill for five years and got my period plenty of times I didn't want it. It's not 100 but I'm just playing the other side of the field.nbsp;I never said she should change her wedding day, or that it wasn't at allnbsp;important to have sex on your wedding night but mother nature is going to happen regardless.Posted by PreDempseyShe needs to talk to her doctor. nbsp;The Pill does waaaaaaay more than regulate her periods. nbsp;And I would not suggest "playing" with hormones just so you can avoid a period on your wedding day. Posted by TXKristan[/QUOTE]

Heh, I did that. I've beeb using my BC for years, and know how to manipulate it into missing a period. It's fine to do one time. Your body won't back up abd run out your ears or anything.

Ok I just grossed myself out. :
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards