Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Affordable Philadelphia Venue

I'm trying to plan a November or December wedding for 140 guests and the budget is about $60 per person. Does anyone know of an affordable venue in or around Philadelphia?

Re: Affordable Philadelphia Venue

• SteveandKrisSteveandKris member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't priced it out, but try looking at some of the parks.  My best guess is that some of the parks would be cheaper than a hotel ballroom for example.  Ridley Creek maybe?
  • edited December 2011
    I have heard good things about P&P.  

November will give you bargaining power as it isn't as popular.  In which area are you looking to have your wedding reception?
  • Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually found the cheaper months for city wedding are in the summertime.  I am getting married in Philadelphia in November and found it to be a little pricey.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I second P&P a friend of mine is using them and has raved about their pricing.

Philly Sig Challenge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    For Sale

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    If you are willing to go to a Friday or Sunday for your wedding, you usually can do better pricing wise for both months. Good Luck!
  • nancyrnancyr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A tax deduction is possible for using a number of historic landmarks and homes, museums, and even some nature centers. You need to get a written statement from the nonprofit organization which states the amount of your contribution.
    (Info from http://www.theweddingqueen.blogspot.com This may make a previously unaffordable venue more affordable.  There's a book on Amazon about it too, The Tax-Deductible Wedding: More Wedding and Fun, Less Fret and Debt by Sabrina RiversEither might be worth looking into.  I haven't read the book just scanned through it. 
  • edited December 2011

I suggest Romano's catering in philly.  very reasonable prices and their packages include everything.  they also get very nice reveiws online.  imo the best bang for your buck.

• jenragenjenragen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I booked Edgemont Caterer's - the Venetian Hall.
    The package I selected was 4 hours, buffet, open bar... all linens, centerpieces, china, parking, etc... for $29 per person. I kid you not!
    Their packages go up to in the 50's per person but you'll get a lot of selection.
    It's definitely a budget-friendly option.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards