March 2012 Weddings
Options

tanning

I know there are a lot of mixed opinions on tanning, but I started tanning for the wedding today and I'm so excited about it! My skin looks much better from tanning than doing a spray tan, so I decided to just suck it up and spend a little extra on a monthly membership for a couple of months. I used to tan a lot in high school and haven't been since then. I went tonight for the first time in years and I remembered how much I love it. SO relaxing. haha Anyways, small check towards my beauty regimen.
Wedding Countdown Ticker
120image Invited to our wedding!
72 image Are ready to party
1 image Are missing out
47 image Haven't decided yet

RSVP Date 2/10

Re: tanning

• Options

As much as I know how terrible it is for you, I also plan on tanning before the wedding... I don't know what it's like for those of you in the South and West coast, but in New England, it's sort of odd to be really dark in the month of March.... especially if you didn't go on a vacation.  So I'm planning on starting 2-4 weeks ahead of time and going really light so it won't be super noticable but I won't be as self concious wearing white... I figure it will also be helpful to have a base in Hawaii so I don't burn!!

Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_tanning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:76dd727c-8171-4644-a471-d80252d2c3bcPost:578ca19e-db12-41f1-b552-688f5dc99940">tanning</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know there are a lot of mixed opinions on tanning, but I started tanning for the wedding today and I'm so excited about it! My skin looks much better from tanning than doing a spray tan, so I decided to just suck it up and spend a little extra on a monthly membership for a couple of months. I used to tan a lot in high school and haven't been since then. I went tonight for the first time in years and I remembered how much I love it. SO relaxing. haha Anyways, small check towards my beauty regimen.
    Posted by cas6868[/QUOTE]

I agree with all of this! Even down to the hs tanning! Haha, I just started my membership this week and plan on continuing up until the wedding. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I think that's a great idea. I haven't ever tanned but was thinking of doing it before the wedding. I don't want to be super dark, just a little less pale. lol
    March 2012 Knotties Siggy Challenge - Favorite Engagement Picture Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I got a monthly membership too! I started on Tuesday. I've been going pretty much everyday while I'm off school so that when school starts up and I can only go maybe twice a week that it will keep my color and I don't feel like I'm getting nowhere in building color.

I know its bad for you but it is so relaxing and it makes me feel better about myself! I know I don't want to get super dark but I want a decent color. I've mentioned to FI that he should go tanning too. I know he won't want to look super pale compared to me and he likes its relaxing effect too!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, soooooo jealous!  I cannot tan.  I go from white to red to white again.  No in between of tanness for me.  :(  And because of that I have to hide from the sun for the first days of the cruise so I'm not a lobster.

Janine & Cody | Georgetown, Grand Cayman | Feb. 28th, 2012

Surprise BFP | Baby Due Late July/Early August 2013

Pregnancy Ticker

I believe in a lot of things. I believe in fresh tennis balls, the healing power of bunnies, and that the novels of Susan Sontag are something I'll never read. In fact, I don't even know who Susan Sontag is. What is she... like... a painter? I believe in Crystal Lite because I believe in ME. I believe in the movies of Val Kilmer, though these days it ain't so easy. I believe in Darren Sproles, the word "dabble", the first season of "Silk Stockings", and big, warm, moist, gooey chocolate chip cookies that melt in your mouth and all over your face.

• Options
    I am definitely tanning...I am SUPER white right now. I usually burn too JCWhitey and never was able to tan before...would just burn and it would peel right back to white. But I tried this past May for my MOH's wedding and I found I can using beds. I literally start in the beds at 4 minutes. It seriously is ridiculous but I am so scared to burn! Every 2 times I move the time up only 1 minute and I only go every other day. It takes me about 2 months to get to a decent color but worth it not to burn.

Soooo...I start on January 7th since I'm leaving for the wedding on March 7th...

Wedding Countdown Ticker

121image Invited to Fabulous Las Vegas!
    53 image Are all in!
    68 image Are celebrating from afar
    0 image Haven't decided yet

RSVP Date 2/1
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards