Georgia-Savannah
Options

Bed and Breakfast Wedding

Hi everyone!

My fiance and I are planning to get married in Savannah and are looking for a venue for a very small (about 10 guests), intimate ceremony. I like some of the elopement packages offered by bed and breakfasts in the area. Does anyone have any experience with these? Recommendations or places to avoid?

We especially liked the Kehoe House (based on what we saw online), though the other places owned by the same company (Marshall House, Gastonian, etc.) look nice as well. Any information would be helpful! We'll be visiting in December to check some places out for ourselves.

Thanks!

Re: Bed and Breakfast Wedding

• Options
    iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    The Gastonian and Kehoe House are two of my favorites here.  Also, check out the Forsyth Park Inn.  There garden is beautiful for a wedding. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    hccpsuhccpsu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did the elopement package at The Presidents' Quarters--in my opinion it was the best deal, and they didn't put as many restrictions on the time of the ceremony as the other B&Bs did.  We had a total of six--us and our parents.  The minister that they had for the ceremony I really liked, and they helped me find someone to do my hair/makeup, and they made dinner reservations for us (and also booked a carriage for after the ceremony).  We got married in the gazebo in their courtyard.

The Marshall House is more of a hotel than a B&B.  We also liked that the Presidents' Quarters had parking, and the location was more central than some of the other B&Bs, which was nice for the rest of our stay--it was a quick walk to River St, etc.
  • Options
    hccpsuhccpsu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just looked at the Kehoe House--it looks like they've changed their package a bit since we got married, and the price is better now.  The rooms look really nice, too, and it's a good location.  I'd definitely give it some consideration if I were booking now.  I notice they still only allow ceremonies in the early afternoon, though (we wanted something in the late afternoon, so that crossed a lot of places off our list).
  • Options
    lsw2008lsw2008 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great! Thanks for all of your help!

We're also considering renting a square and just having the wedding there, but staying in a B&B. I'll be visiting in a couple of weeks, so hopefully I can make my mind up then! :)
  • Options
    chosen175chosen175 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a HORRIBLE experience with The Marshall House!!!  They really HATE small weddings, and even my wedding of 35-40 guests "wasn't big enough" but they made it sound like they were doing me a HUUUUUUGE favor by saying yes.  They couldn't guarantee me the room I wanted for the ceremony (there are 2 rooms - an atrium that is GORGEOUS and a smaller room that is kind of ugly) until the week before the wedding.  I didn't want the tiny, ugly room.  They also don't do drink packages - you have to run a tab and from doing some research, their drinks are VERY expensive.  I signed the contract anyway, hoping I'd get the beautiful room.  Once they had my signature, I was treated like total garbage and I ended up canceling my contract with them. 

We're renting a square and just having dinner at one of the nicer restaurants.  Good luck with your planning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards