Connecticut

Centerpiece Ideas

I'm just starting to this about flowers and centerpieces.  I think flowers are beautiful but something about spending a ton of money on things that die within a day or so bums me out.  I'm toying with the idea of doing half the tables with flower centerpieces (I love the look of gerbera daisies) and the other half with some kind of candle centerpieces.  Maybe mix and do both on each table?  I've been searching for pictures but haven't found any I really love.  Any ideas?
Anniversary

Re: Centerpiece Ideas

• JodiArielJodiAriel member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did gerber daisies in mason jars and only used 5 daisies per jar so it looked like picked wildflowers.  It went with our rustic theme and kept the cost down.

I have better pics on my other hard drive if you want to see

We welcomed our girls on 11.7.12 @ 40w0d!
    Emerson Lily 6 lbs 13 oz & Ellis Willow 6 lbs 9 oz
  • rswan412rswan412 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing half flowers/half candles too! My flowers are in 4 x 4 x 4 square vases, Hydrangeas and roses with two lanterns on either side and starfish and sand dollars around the outside. My non-floral centerpieces are also a square vase, with sand and seashells with two lanterns on either side, and star fish and dollars. I tied the two together by using the same shape vases, and the same sand dollars and seashells.... My flowers were pretty inexpensive- Hydrangeas are a little more expensive, but you only need 2-3 to make a statement! Gerber Daisies are beautiful also- I'd recommend visiting with some florists and seeing what their thoughts are!
  • AVBartoAVBarto member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What colors are your wedding?
    www.petanolucci.com
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, if we knew your colors that would help too :)
  • jaime10285jaime10285 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The bridesmaids will wear cobalt color dresses and I'm thinking pink flowers for them.
    Anniversary
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could do Pink Gerber Daisies in one centerpiece, then match the same color pink to the other centerpieces...you could do that by putting ribbons around candles, using pink candles, putting them down on a pink table runner, or pink candle holders....
  • edited December 2011
    www.rusticweddingchic.com has really great ideas for centerpieces with mason jars and other fun and unique ideas to enhance the look of your table!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards