Wedding Invitations & Paper

great. my champagne taste and beer budget conflict again

I found the perfect invitations on etsy tonight. The problem is they are $7.50 each. I only need 30, but it's still more than I can or am willing to spend. Why why why.

woe is me
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: great. my champagne taste and beer budget conflict again

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_great-my-champagne-taste-and-beer-budget-conflict-again?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:2ac9d1ce-6371-4764-a3b7-9f8572e01671Post:6fa63c39-3cb8-4e5a-97d0-30d2bc320dff">great. my champagne taste and beer budget conflict again</a>:
    [QUOTE]I found the perfect invitations on etsy tonight. The problem is they are $7.50 each. I only need 30, but it's still more than I can or am willing to spend. Why why why. woe is me
    Posted by SCD1126[/QUOTE]

That is crazy money.  I promise you, there are many many many more budget options out there that will are just as beautiful.  I got my programs from vistaprint, and they were gorgeous.   I really wanted thermography for the print on my invitations, so I ordered those from <a href="http://www.theramericanwedding.com/" rel="nofollow">www.theramericanwedding.com</a>  They were still about 1/3 of the esty store you are looking at, and that included rsvp cards, preprinted envelopes, and a reception card.  I also got matching thank you cards.  

Keep looking. There are plenty of budget options.
  • I think wedding invitations set the tone for the whole wedding.  I have kept every nice invitation my friends have sent me. 

Have you considered buying one of those nice DIY kits?  I have seen some really gorgeous ones.
  • OP - can you link to the invite you found?  Maybe we can help you find a similar one, but one that is more to your budget?
  • kks4471kks4471 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2012
    I love stationary, and wanted upscale elegant invitaitons.  I definitely did not spend $7.50 per invitation set though.  There are so many options out there, and if your ticker is correct, you have plenty of time to search.  Like PP said, can you show us the invitations you love on etsy?
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • UPDATE: I can make the same invites for $1.95 each. A graphic designer friend of mine is going to help with the design and layout. I'll have the files printed at staples and then assembly myself.

I need those invites, but I wasn't going to spend over $7 each on them, and now that I know what the various pieces cost (pocketfolds, paper, ribbon etc), it's highway robbery.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards