Michigan-Detroit

When did you order your invites?

So it just dawned on me that we have our ceremony time  and reception time and place set...I guess I could order invites...but is it to early? Im about a year out.
Daisypath Wedding tickers
200image 167image 32image 1image RSVP Date: May 1st

Re: When did you order your invites?

• edited December 2011
    Definitely wait... We're getting married in November and plan on ordering them at the beginning of August so if there's anything wrong with them we can send them back and get new ones if necessary. Anything could happen in the next year -- Maybe it's not YOUR fault but your venue could end up changing (Some Bride posted awhile ago about the business going bankrupt and she had to find a new place, etc)
  • edited December 2011
    I'd wait. A year is a long time. What if something changes? Example: our ceremony has been scheduled for 2pm since the day we got engaged and booked the church one year ago. I was planning on ordering the invites to get things done ahead of schedule. After talking with my photog yesterday about the day-of timeline, she recommended we move the ceremony back to 1:30 or risk running out of time before the regularly scheduled Mass. I'm really glad I waited to order!
  • missmelanie81missmelanie81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well our time at the church wont change because of another wedding there.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    200image 167image 32image 1image RSVP Date: May 1st
  • edited December 2011
    I wouldn't order them so early, if only for the fact that I was getting irritated with mine sitting around for a few months - I can't imagine dealing with the clutter for a year+!  Plus, you never know if you'll change your mind on color schemes, themes, amount of guests invited, (of course you can go back and order more but it would just be a hassel IMO), and so on.

We ordered ours in February for our June wedding.  I started researching and playing around with designs on vistaprint a few months prior.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I would definitely wait too.  Not to wish this upon you, but my original venue closed 4 months out.  :(  If I would have ordered our invites we would have been screwed, plus you may change your mind on what you originally like. I at first was going to go with something simple but then fell in love with pocketfolds.  In the beginning, I didn't even like pocketfolds. :) Things change.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards