Hawaii

Would you recommend an all-inclusive Hawaii wedding?

Depending on airfare costs we could have anywhere from 40 to 100 guests.  Do you have any recommendations for an all-inclusive wedding package or recommendations for a hotel that would be able to make all the accomendations?

Thanks so much!

Re: Would you recommend an all-inclusive Hawaii wedding?

• jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    Which island are you planning to go? I got married on Oahu and went through a wedding coordinator. Although I had no guests, I believe you can go through a hotel for a wedding package or go through a WC. Im sure some the ladies on this board have lots of feedback for you.
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • I'm having 55 guest and am going through a wedding coordinator, Tropical Maui -Lori and Jackie, and things are going pretty well for me so far. I preferred going through a WC because I wanted to have my wedding on a private estate, but have seen some great photos of people having weddings at restaurants and hotels. I think the type of venue is personal preference as well.
  • flash8785flash8785 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2012
    I'm working with a coordinator, and I'm having a 60 person wedding on Kauai.  We're having a ceremony at a resort, and a reception at a private location.  I'm finding that the resorts are MUCH more expensive, for lesser quality items.  With our ceremony, we've been nickled and dimed for everything (they want $3 per person for tap water in a pitcher and won't let us bring our own bottles in).  You don't hear about any of that prior to signing the contract.  Although I am willing to pay for our site fee to guarentee a beautiful ocean view, I am SO HAPPY that we're not doing the reception there.  It would end up costing double if we had, for half as much quality/food/decoarations.

Although it's more work, I'd suggest that you reconsider an all inclusive if you're looking for any personal details or places to save money.

Good luck!
  • Great!  Thanks, everyone!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_would-you-recommend-an-all-inclusive-hawaii-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:cd3ecb48-bb03-4e1e-8240-13266dd02a5aPost:cc76456d-d3c3-42a1-bbf0-a3151362094a">Re: Would you recommend an all-inclusive Hawaii wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm having 55 guest and am going through a wedding coordinator, Tropical Maui -Lori and Jackie, and things are going pretty well for me so far. I preferred going through a WC because I wanted to have my wedding on a private estate, but have seen some great photos of people having weddings at restaurants and hotels. I think the type of venue is personal preference as well.
    Posted by h1jung[/QUOTE]

<div>I also used these 2 for my wedding.  They were fabulous and it ended up working out A LOT cheaper than an all-inclusive at a resort would have.</div>

June 2012 August Siggy Challenge: Favourite Pro Pic (I couldn't choose just one!)
    imageDaisypath Vacation tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards