Wedding Invitations & Paper

Fixing RSVP Date Error

My wedding is in late July.  Stupidly, I made my RSVP date June 1, instead of July 1.  :(

The reply card says, "The favor of a reply is requested by the first of june"...

Would you pay around $130 for new reply cards or would you write over "june" and magically turn it into "july"?  The ink color is light purple, so if I wrote over "june", it would be obvious.  Any other suggestions?

Re: Fixing RSVP Date Error

• Of course you want everything to match, but really it's an RSVP card and it's coming back to you. The guests aren't keeping it. So if you can afford to, reprint them. If not, DIY reprint. It's only the RSVP card, how important is it that it matches but I wouldn't think that trying to change the month in ink would look good.
  • If this happened to me, I would just DIY. $130 to reprint is too rich for my blood. In fact, I picked up 3 boxes of adorable DIY invitation and spent less than that.
  • What if, instead of changing June to July, you changed 1 to 30?  Could you do that without it looking messy?

Otherwise, I'd just DIY new cards.  You can make something similar yourself for far cheaper than $130.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_extending-rsvp-date?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:a3f6e5b2-77a0-42fe-a52e-09cda1e9aa4aPost:3d1bb8d7-999a-4c84-85fa-28ab716162b0">Re: Fixing RSVP Date Error</a>:
    [QUOTE]What if, instead of changing June to July, you changed 1 to 30?  Could you do that without it looking messy? Otherwise, I'd just DIY new cards.  You can make something similar yourself for far cheaper than $130.
    Posted by MyNameIsNot[/QUOTE]

<div>If you can do this (probably depends on the font), this is such a good idea.  </div>

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

**Current VistaPrint Groupon - $17 gets you $70(good 'til 11/8)**

**New project in the works: Follow my Twitter for more Groupon (etc) deals!**

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Bio ~ A Bride's Guide to VistaPrint * www.vistaprint-goddess.weebly.com

"In my book you're a VistaPrint goddess" --Hannah

Photobucket

• Good idea PP and PPP, but my invites say "first" not 1.  :(

Invitation is on 110 lb. Signature Textured White paper.  Anyone know where I can find this for DIY responses--can be a shade of pink, purple or white?  Or other recommendations for what to look for with cardstock?  I guess it doesn't have to match per se...

• Just ordered a purple sample from Paperandmore.com....hopefully this will work out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards