Georgia-Savannah

Johnson Square Wedding

My fiance & I really want to get married in one of the Squares and were thinking of Johnson Square. My fear is rain!  So we started looking at Garden Venues w/ inside options.  But my heart still wants a park setting I have no idea what company or where to even begin to start if we did the square thing.  Any suggestions or comments on the weather in May.

Re: Johnson Square Wedding

• edited December 2011
    It's usually pretty nice in May actually.  It's fairly warm (between 65 and 85), and doesn't rain *too* much.  The earlier in the month you get married, the better chance you have of avoiding our afternoon thunderstorms that happen in the summer months.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • edited December 2011
    I was going to get married at a square but fell in love with a plantation instead- I still have to deal with rain :(

But - the site manager said it is ok if I bring a tent for rain so I am renting my tent and chairs - crossing my fingers I won't need the tent.  good luck!

I'm getting married in May too :)
  • edited December 2011
    Contact the Leisure Services Beauru
  • pamelasmitherpamelasmither member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I too was going to have an outdoor wedding in one of the squares but opted for an inside venue because it just happened to work out better. There are some companies that do all the "planning" for you to have a wedding in one of the squares or parks. Romantic Weddings of Savannah, Gazebo Weddings, and Coastal Savannah Weddings. They will get the permits, security, officiant, music, carriage ride and a ton of other options to make things easy. I would recommend just browsing their websites and requesting a quote for what you want. All three were very helpful and prompt responding. Also as Chanel23 said you can rent a tent, but for the most part I think you should be ok. hope it helps, happy planning :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards