May 2012 Weddings

Does it ever feel like a world away...

Next May. Sometimes I sit here and think..Dang! Its still over a year away. When we picked May 2012 it was so we could save up and afford what we wanted. We didnt want to rush and just enjoy this engagement....yet, now with alot of the major planning done...Im ready now!!!!!!
Daisypath Wedding tickers
200image 167image 32image 1image RSVP Date: May 1st

Re: Does it ever feel like a world away...

• haha... I just posted the exact opposite... I have a lot done but it feels like time is FLYING!!!

It's sooo exciting tho! :)
    Photobucket Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Yes.. a year away still feels like a long time! I reaaallly hope it goes by fast!
  • It does sound like a long ways off still, but then I think of how quickly the last few months have gone by and know that's how quickly the next year is going to go.

I've been taking my time so much not really doing anything but the big things (venue, photog, etc.) so now I feel a little bit more pressure to get some of the smaller details figured out.  Plus, everyone's been asking about those details that I've been putting off and I feel weird having no answers.  It's a little scary!
    PitaPata Dog tickers
  • I agree with PP... It seems sooooo far away but then I am sure once the 1 yr mark hits it will be a different story....
    May 2012 Board October Siggy Challenge: Must Take Photos Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • lol. I'm hoping it will fly by... :)
    Anniversary
  • To me it seems like forever away till I think of all the things I still need to do. Then it's like a year isn't long enough. It will fly by I am sure of it.

• It seems like time is flying but at the same time not...
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Mona8Mona8 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    It depends on the day for me. Some days I feel like it's so far away, but other times I can't believe I'm almost at the 1 year mark when I started at over 1 year and 8 months
    imageAnniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_ever-feel-like-world-away?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:306787e5-319e-420c-90fb-7ca3d66309daPost:7d954950-e941-43da-a9de-8edb6423ccd4">Does it ever feel like a world away...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Next May. Sometimes I sit here and think..Dang! Its still over a year away. When we picked May 2012 it was <strong>so we could save up and afford what we wanted. We didnt want to rush and just enjoy this engagement</strong>....yet, now with alot of the major planning done...Im ready now!!!!!!
    Posted by missmelanie81[/QUOTE]

This is exactly why I picked May too. BUT, I stil have A LOT of stuff to get done. I'm waiting till the year mark and then going to get on top of the planning. Since December (when we got engaged) I've just been mostly browsing online and saving pictures and ideas for the wedding. Only thing I've booked is the Venue and Photographer. Havent done anything else...  :)
    March Siggy: Our Furbabies Thunder and Tinkerbelle photo 576844_10151220437472389_274194501_n.jpg PhotobucketPhotobucket
    He put a ring on it!!! 12-12-10! Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    For Sale Bio
  • I know how you feel!!!! I'm ready to get married NOW so waiting a year is torture! But then I think about how quickly the past 10 months have gone by and it's a little less painful!
    May '12 Nesties
    March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
    MARRIED!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I agree with PP, It does feel like eons away! Some days I feel like I want to be married RIGHT NOW, but then I remember I don't have any checks yet....-lol- I've been waiting until the year mark to book the venue (so I have a better idea what it'll look like that time next year, aiming for outdoor) & photog. We picked May for the same reason as missmelanie and Invane..saving money, along with a long weekend for OOT guests (which is half his family). I really hope that once we hit the year mark time will go a lot faster!!

THIS is how I feel (and I'm sure you ladies do, too!):
    "...when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."--When Harry met Sally
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards