Snarky Brides

opinions

Any kind of opinions you have, popular or not, flameable or not. Even just random thoughts. I think the media has made a mockery of 2012 so the very valid aspects of it (solar maximum, for example) aren't taken seriously.

Re: opinions

• Even though I'm a Patriots' fan, I'm fairly certain the Giants are going to kick their asses in the SuperBowl. 

Right now none of the candidates running for president are appealing to me much, if at all.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• There's talk here right now of upping the retirement age from 65 to 67 or higher. As much as I hate boomers and think they've ruined everything for us and were gonna be cleaning up after them for the rest of our lives, I don't think that's fair. No way would I want to work till I'm 67.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_opinions-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:4de99478-a1e9-478f-a9d8-18cd89bdc7a9Post:e29b721d-3a52-47cc-9746-5d23e47f427e">Re: opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]There's talk here right now of upping the retirement age from 65 to 67 or higher. As much as I hate boomers and think they've ruined everything for us and were gonna be cleaning up after them for the rest of our lives, I don't think that's fair. No way would I want to work till I'm 67.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

<div>FIL is 77 and still works part time because he wants to.  My grandma is 77 and also works part time because she wants to.  I think they are both nuts, but I also think it's awesome that they have the ability to work still at that age.  </div><div>
    </div><div>I also think it's funny/strange that H is a year younger than me, and his father is the same age as my grandparents.  FIL was 49 when he was born.  </div>
  • I think purses with the Louis Vuitton or Coach logo patterns are ugly. 

I think Project Runway All-Stars could have been awesome, but they have a stupid host and no Tim Gunn.  Lame. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited January 2012
    The retirement age should be raised, or benefits cut or something. At least in this country.  The system is a broken one, and completely unbalanced at that. Damn baby boomers.

I think Fridays are a completely worthless work day.  NO one here does anything.  I wish we had a 4- 10s schedule. I've asked, and they wouldn't care... except "it's not fair to everyone else." Meaning, EVERY single person employed by my department.  So, because the toilets need to be cleaned every day, I can have a flex work schedule or work from home.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_opinions-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:4de99478-a1e9-478f-a9d8-18cd89bdc7a9Post:1426c187-2d89-4fae-bbd9-351860a99e81">Re: opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tax season sucks.   I hate working 55 hour weeks.
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]

<div>You just reminded me that I need to get on my former employers ass about sending my W2.  I know they have my forwarding address, they just suck and I'm sure they completely forgot. </div>
  • I can't wait to file my taxes, I'm still waiting on a lot of documents before I can do it though and its making me so antsy. I don't know why I like doing my taxes so much, but I do.
  • I'll be working until I'm dead, I'm guessing.

I'll say again what I said in the other thread - I don't think professors should be able to teach their own books.

I think the media is ruining Tebow. They need to just lay off him already.

People who have to poo should use the stalls in the back of the bathroom and leave the front ones for peeing. I mean, I get you have to poop, but there's no need for the huffing and puffing and sighing like you're giving birth in the toilet. Let me pee quickly and in peace. And without the awkwardness of wondering if you are dying in the next stall.  
  • I think Newt is a major douchebag for a ton of reasons, but leaving his wife who was just diagnosed with MS is the topper for me. As someone with MS, who always  has a fear in the back of my head that if things go badly  I will wind up paralyzed and alone because no one will want to care for me, this cuts close to home.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • oh, taxes.  I'm worried.  I have no clue what's going to happen with ours this year. I'm HOPING that between the house and the raise and some other stuff, we'll get a decent refund.

My dad gifted us some money for our down payment (not all of the dp), but he pulled it from my grandparent's trust fund... at the same time as he took out money for my sister's college tuition (about 3-4x the amount he gave us).  So I'm currently arguing with him about whether or not we have to claim it all.  That sounds so bratty.  But, seriously. My sister should claim it; she's obviously in a WAY lower tax bracket than us. I have no problem paying her back for the taxes she'll owe on it. But her 10% (if even) is way lower than our 33%.
  • My thought on Tebow:  What if he were a Muslim and faced Mecca to pray?  What sort of press/attention would that get?
  • This is the first year that H has had two jobs and made more money than me.  I'm worried we're going to end up owing this year.

DJ, I hear you.  I feel like I've been gold forever.

• Apparently the company adam works for doesn't deduct high enough taxes, I'm hoping our rrsp contributions offsets it enough that we don't owe or atleast get a small refund.
  • I think megachurches suck
    Most recently and specifically, the Mars Hill Megachurch, who'se pastor just explained that  women are “weaker vessels,” and therefore, when a girl and boy engage in consensual sexual activity, it is always assumed that it’s the man’s fault because he failed to lead the woman (or “weaker vessel”) toward righteousness.  He's also explained that masturbation is like homosexuality unless your wife is there.

I think that 'Ensure' is great, it's like formulae for adults.

I wish CA's primaries were earlier as well, becuase now everyone I like is gone.   
  • I've been trying to talk adam into drinking ensure. He doesn't eat properly and were going for a hunt for them tonight. I hope they don't suck so he will actually drink then.
  • I know this isn't really a new opinion or whatever, but holy fuuck...some expectant women are borderline insane. I don't understand the bloody hysteria over watching every last piece of food you eat, scanning every.last.product you use for potentially harmful substances, etc. I expressed that opinion on TB and was nearly lynched in PMs for it. I don't understand the hysteria, and am a firm believer that moderation in life is the key to a happy, healthy pregnancy.

I'm a grouch today and feel that all my opinions will be against the grain.  
  • In Response to Re: opinions:
    [QUOTE]I want all state primaries to occur on the same day.  CA's primary is not until June 5th. I'm pretty sure it could be decided by then or at least the field narrowed down to 2.  I also think it's lame that I'm saying this yet I can't vote in the primary since I'm not registered as a republican. 
    Posted by kodakitty[/QUOTE]
    THis would be awesome
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • September, my mom was like you.  Being vigilent is one thing, being overly concerned to the point of putting your kid(s) in a bubble is quite another.

The kids of those hypersensitive mothers are going to grow up neurotic if they don't calm down.

• Sept- you should come hang out on the 9/12 board then. :) Everyone there is, so far, pretty sane.  There's a lot of women who are PgAL and from the TTTC board and stuff though, which helps.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_opinions-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:4de99478-a1e9-478f-a9d8-18cd89bdc7a9Post:45a5139d-07ad-4bc0-8294-dfc2d34575f1">Re: opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know this isn't really a new opinion or whatever, but holy fuuck...some expectant women are borderline insane. I don't understand the bloody hysteria over watching every last piece of food you eat, scanning every.last.product you use for potentially harmful substances, etc. I expressed that opinion on TB and was nearly lynched in PMs for it. I don't understand the hysteria, and am a firm believer that moderation in life is the key to a happy, healthy pregnancy. I'm a grouch today and feel that all my opinions will be against the grain.  
    Posted by september's bride[/QUOTE]
    Word of advice- skip the 1st and 2nd tri boards on TB. Stick with your month board and just lurk if they are crazy. You don't need the now anyway... you have us. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • oh yeah. All primaries should occur the same day.  For that matter, they should all be pimaries.  Damn MN caucus.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_opinions-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:4de99478-a1e9-478f-a9d8-18cd89bdc7a9Post:41fa403d-d341-49e1-9d4a-e5f713b7d0b5">Re: opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Even though I'm a Patriots' fan, I'm fairly certain the Giants are going to kick their asses in the SuperBowl.  Right now none of the candidates running for president are appealing to me much, if at all.
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]

I hate the Giants, but I hate the Patriots and Tom Brady's ass even more.  On Superbowl Sunday I won't really be cheering FOR the Giants as much as I'll be cheering AGAINST the damn Patriots.

I guess it should also be noted that I'm <em>over</em> football, to the point that I'm actually watching Timberwolves games with my husband.  WTF is happening to me.
    panther
  • This is probably flammable, but I don't get having rats as pets. They're vermin. To me, that would be like having a bunch of cockroaches in an ant farm. Then again, people do that too, so I guess that point is pretty moot. I dunno, it just skeeves me out.

25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_opinions-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:4de99478-a1e9-478f-a9d8-18cd89bdc7a9Post:45a5139d-07ad-4bc0-8294-dfc2d34575f1">Re: opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know this isn't really a new opinion or whatever, but holy fuuck...some expectant women are borderline insane. I don't understand the bloody hysteria over watching every last piece of food you eat, scanning every.last.product you use for potentially harmful substances, etc. I expressed that opinion on TB and was nearly lynched in PMs for it. I don't understand the hysteria, and am a firm believer that moderation in life is the key to a happy, healthy pregnancy. I'm a grouch today and feel that all my opinions will be against the grain.  
    Posted by september's bride[/QUOTE]

I'm with you.  Don't tell anyone I ate lunch meat, raw cookie dogh, various seafoods, overeasy eggs, hot dogs, and many other poisons. 
  • Subs are one of the few things I can make myself eat at lunch. So oh well.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_opinions-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:4de99478-a1e9-478f-a9d8-18cd89bdc7a9Post:ec2ccdcc-c1b0-4c89-a75f-234325d7b3f4">Re: opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]My thought on Tebow:  What if he were a Muslim and faced Mecca to pray?  What sort of press/attention would that get?
    Posted by Wiscisbliss[/QUOTE]

There is a player on the Vikings that is a pretty devout Muslim (to the point that he fasts during Ramadan (sp?) and has to wake up in the middle of the night to drink protein shakes for nurishment) and the media rarely talks about it other than to mention his devotion to his faith.
    panther
  • I think that in a grad level class, teachers should at least have a fvcking lesson plan. Having us come to class and then lead the most pointless discussion is a waste of my god damn time. Oh and if you want me to be invested in the class (Evaulation of programs) don't say on the first day, "you may be thinking you'll learn how to do a program eval by the end of this class, you won't, but you'll learn a lot of things about evals". How fvcking inspiring.

Also, if I get directed to the nest one more time I'm going to bloody lose it. I NEVER HAD A WEDDING TN, thanks for rubbing it in for christ's sake.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm avoiding the boards over there as much as possible. They're full of crazy, and my month board isn't all that much better. I think they're all a bit off, and the few posters who aren't insane just don't dilute the crazy enough for me to hang out over there.

Lurking just makes me think I'll catch their crazy, so I come back to SB for sanity.

• edited January 2012
    It doesn't taste bad Nebb, it's no steak and mashed potatoes, but I do it in the mornings with coffee instead of water, and it's sort of like having a latté. 

September, your post made me laugh because I like to think I'll be one of those women who is really careful about what they eat, but there is no way, my willpower is garbage.  It also made me think of this song (semi NWS, a little swearing) "Pregnant Women are Smug"  (no offence to any pregnant women, this certainly doesn't apply to everyone)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJRzBpFjJS8
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards