Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Victor's Event Room

Does anyone have any input on this venue in Grand Prairie? I searched the boards and came up with one post, but not a lot of details about it. Thanks :)
Disclaimer: Please excuse the above comment. I'm probably freaking out because there is less than one month to go. Thank you.
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Our Huge Planning Blog :) * Updated 06/11

July 2011 Bride

Re: Victor's Event Room

• Options
    MLandCJMLandCJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I toured it in May. The guy is super nice. To rent out the place then it was around $2800.I think that was on a Saturday. That included upstairs and down stairs, the front entry, small room for the buffet, and a quiet room in the back. He also stated to have the ceromony there, it wouldn't be any extra.

The building actually houses many other offices. If you want simple table center pieces he told me that had those free of charge. It has bars upstairs and down.

I didn't like it because I didn't feel like it was in a good part of town. Parking was awkward, with limited space up front and a parking area in the back. The bottom level was small and the upstairs had a view of  downstairs. There always wasn't a place to get ready.

I think it was a very DIY friendly place. I believe there are a few brides on the boards that are having their wedding there.

I actually went on a Saturday around 1 or 2 to look at a wedding he was setting up. He is a very friendly guy.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We actually liked it and are planning on booking there. At night, it would be dark and the candle centerpieces would give it a romantic feel which is what im wanting.

It doesnt look that nice outside but it's very nice inside, well at least to us. It feels "homy" and comfy. The parking part is true but we are planning on hiring security for that.

We didnt meet with the guy but we met with the lady. Patricia, which is his sister. She was very nice. She also mentioned the centerpieces, which I thought was great because we are on a budget and that would help us alot. :)
    BabyFetus Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    image image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My fiancee's aunt emailed me the link to it when she saw it in the Star Telegram I think...(it may have been in the Dallas Morning News I can't remember) and I looked on their website and it looked cute.I was really looking for a place to hold the ceramony and reception there. Also, I think the max people it could hold was smaller than what we are thinking-which is around 125 maybe 150. (I could be wrong on their max though so don't quote me for sure on it). Anyways,  I didn't even go look at it. Plus, I read reviews on the internet and I saw where parking was a challange.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wonder if there would be room for dancing and an indoor ceremony/reception with no changeover for 85 to 100 people.. hmm.. We may take a peek on Saturday, but now I'm nervous about the neighborhood.
    Disclaimer: Please excuse the above comment. I'm probably freaking out because there is less than one month to go. Thank you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Our Huge Planning Blog :) * Updated 06/11

July 2011 Bride
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you're truely interested in it, check it out. It's one thing to hear from others, and seeing the place for yourself. You may be surprised! :)
  • Options
    MLandCJMLandCJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It is beautiful on the inside.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards