Wedding Party
Options

Groomswoman- Female groomsman

One of my FIs best friends is female.  She is great.  He would like to have her stand up on his side.  I don't have an issue with this, but I am thinking of logistics.  How does this work?  I am thinking she should wear the same dress as the BMs, but how do they walk out?  What do we set up for pics?  Would she be in the pics of me with the other BMs?  or just those with the other groomsmen?  I have also suggested that she be a BM, but then he would need to come up with another groomsman, and that may not be a possibility.  He has a best friend, but very few general guy friends.  So, I don't think that is the solution.  Any ideas on the logistics out there?  Thank you!

Re: Groomswoman- Female groomsman

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_groomswoman-female-groomsman?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:3997e43f-0d6c-4ba8-96d3-5f5c9ef0d7fbPost:f529436b-58e9-4f3f-895f-077b972c6d4d">Groomswoman- Female groomsman</a>:
    [QUOTE]One of my FIs best friends is female.  She is great.  He would like to have her stand up on his side.  I don't have an issue with this, but I am thinking of logistics.  How does this work?  I am thinking she should wear the same dress as the BMs, but how do they walk out?  What do we set up for pics?  Would she be in the pics of me with the other BMs?  or just those with the other groomsmen?  <strong>I have also suggested that she be a BM, but then he would need to come up with another groomsman, and that may not be a possibility. </strong> He has a best friend, but very few general guy friends.  So, I don't think that is the solution.  Any ideas on the logistics out there?  Thank you!
    Posted by worthikm[/QUOTE]
    No, he really wouldn't.  Sides don't have to be even.<div>
    </div><div>We had a groomswoman; the groom's side was in white and the bride's side was in black, so she wore silver with a white wrap.  She walked in with my bridesman, otherwise she would have walked in side by side with another bridesmaid or however we would have gotten it sorted out.  We didn't determine walking order until about three hours before the ceremony, and that was about two hours and fifty minutes earlier than I'd intended to.  That part's an extremely minor detail.</div><div>
    </div><div>As far as pictures, there's really no reason whatsoever she'd be in pictures of just your side.  She's his attendant, and would be in pictures with his attendants.  Talk to your photographer, I'm sure they've dealt with this before.  It's really not that complicated, just think of things in terms of relationships rather than similar naughty bits.</div>
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    My son is going to be my "Best dude" (his sisters will both be MOHs, no other bridesmaids.) He will match what the groomsmen wear, but stands on my side and is in my side's pictures. We are having the groom and his guys start in the front of the chapel, so my kids will walk in by themselves. Then thwy will all recess individually, my kids and then the groomsmen. 

There really is no reason they have to walk in or out in pairs. You could also have her wear the same dress in a different color to match the gm more closely, or have a different color sash or something. My cousin had a girl on her h's side and a guy on her side and nobody was confused. It's really fairly common anymore.
    Photobucket photo 899306-2148.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I was a "best gal."  I walked out of the church with the maid of honor and into the reception with her.  We decided to have the flower girl walk with us into the reception which made it very easy to avoid the "how do we walk" thing, but we should have probably just walked next to each other anyway.  No arm linking, just kind of like casual friends.  I wore the same dress as the BMs, but in the color of the groom's side.  But that was really my choice, that dress just looked better on me than the other ones I tried on.  I would ask her what she would be comfortable with.  Also, ask your FI what he wants her to wear.
  • Options
    If your fiance decides to choose this friend to be his attendant, let him deal with the logistics.  As his attendant, she'd do what his other attendants do, go where they go (except the men's room), etc. 

Don't get yourself all stressed out and make this any more complicated than it is.
  • Options
    I would suggest that she wear a dress in the same or similar colour as the groomsmens' attire, as she is standing up for the groom. Incorporating a sash in the bridemaids' colours or a corsage to match the men's bouts would be a nice touch as well.

You mentioned that she's a good friend to you too, so maybe ask her come with you and the bridesmaids when you go shopping for their dresses. This would give her the chance to do something with the other women in the wedding party and might also help keep all of the wedding party dresses looking similar if this is something you're concerned about.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I was a groomswoman for a wedding as I was waay closer to him than I was her.  She was nice enough to include me when they went dress shopping.  She also had a guy on her side, (Bridesman?).  I wore the same dress as her MOH and the bride's guy wore the same thing as the guys.  I stood at the front with the rest of the groomsmen and did not walk down the aisle.  I think he walked the MOH down the aisle but it's been a while and I'm not completely positive.  Everything worked out fine and looked great.
  • Options
    For my first wedding, we had a MOH, 3 bridesmaids, a best man, and 3 groomsmaids (almost all his friends were female, and I was friends with most of them).

All the maids were in the same dress, but we had 4 different colors.  There was a "set" of bm/gm in each color.  They walked in one at a time.

All the girls got dressed in the bridal suite.  We took pictures of me with all the girls, me with just the bms, and him with all his attendants.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards