Texas-San Antonio

XP: Dairy free Desserts?

Hey ladies, I'm Lactose Intolerent (LI for short) and am looking for some sweet things that are dairy/gluten free. Any ideas?

Re: XP: Dairy free Desserts?

• edited December 2011
    I am not sure because I am not lactose intolerent.

Here is what I got from a google search:

http://dairyfreecooking.about.com/od/dessertsbeverages/Dessert_Beverage_Recipes.htm

Olive Oil chocolate mousse for Passover

Adapted from "Dulce lo Vivas," by Ana Bensadón (Ediciones Martínez Roca)

Time: 30 minutes plus 24 hours’ refrigeration
    11 ounces bittersweet (60 percent cacao) chocolate
    8 large eggs, separated
    3/4 cup sugar
    1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
    2 tablespoons kosher for Passover brandy.
    1. In a double boiler, melt chocolate over low heat. Cool slightly. Beat egg yolks with 1/2 cup sugar until light. Whisk in olive oil, brandy and melted chocolate.
    2. Using an electric mixer, whisk egg whites until soft peaks form. Add remaining 1/4 cup sugar, whisking until stiff but not dry.
    3. Fold whites into chocolate mixture so that no white streaks remain. Spoon into an 8- or 10-cup serving bowl or divide among 8 or 10 dessert cups or glasses. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 24 hours before serving.

Almond Cake (Marcella Hazan)

10 oz., shelled, unpeeled almonds, about 2 cups
    1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
    8 egg whites
    salt
    zest of one lemon
    6 tablespoons flour
    8 or 9-inch springform pan
    butter or oil for greasing the pan

1. Preheat oven to 350F.
    2. Put almonds and sugar in a blender or food processor and pulse to grind to a fine consistency.
    3. Beat the egg whites with the salt until they form stiff peaks.
    4. Add the ground almonds and the grated lemon peel to the egg whites, a little bit at a time, folding them in gently but thoroughly. The whites may deflate a bit, but if you mix carefully there should be no significant loss of volume.
    5. Add the flour, shaking a little of it at a time through a strainer and again, mixing gently.
    6. Grease the pan generously, and pour the batter into the pan, shaking/tapping the pan to level it off. Place the pan on the middle rack of the preheated oven and bake for 1 hour. Before taking it out of the oven, test the center of the cake by piercing it with a toothpick. If it comes out dry, the cake is done. If it does not, bake a little longer.
    7. When done, unlock the pan and remove the hoop. When it is lukewarm, loosen it from the bottom of the pan. Serve when completely cold. This keeps for a while if stored in a cookie tin.

http://www.food.com/recipe/mario-batalis-olive-oil-and-orange-cake-259022

http://www.food.com/recipe/lactose-free-flourless-chocolate-cake-259374

• edited December 2011
    God that first one sounds amazing haha
  • edited December 2011
    :) Try it out and let us know!! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards