Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Dermablend??

Has anyone used Dermablend before? I don't have horrible skin, the small blemish here or there every so often, but I have a fairly uneven skin tone and TONS of freckles (which I like, thank you very much).

I've used both Laura Mercier and Makeup Forever HD in the past and haven't been overly impressed, but I have a friend that uses Dermablend and people comment on her great skin ALL THE TIME! I think I might want to make the switch but I don't want to lose my freckles...

What are you experiences?

Re: Dermablend??

• dermablend is amazing but too thick a coverage for what you want I think, it's desinged to cover facial scars and intense skin problems, it's a bit maskish
  • Yes, I have a friend who used Dermablend and it's very heavy. If you like your freckles, it will probably end up covering them..
  • Hi this is my first time checking this board out...

Dermablend is meant for people with Vitiligo (which, Ironically, I was just diagnosed with) to even their skin tone, I agree that the coverage is too heavy. What about Ben Nye? As a professional I have used it a lot. also, you probably know this, but the best way to use foundation with freckles is to find a shade or 2 darker than your skintone, so the makeup doesnt look like chalk over the freckles. HTH :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker ~be the change you wish to see in the world ~Ghandi
  • I agree Dermablend is super thick and will definately cover those freckles!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_dermablend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:75fa777a-7b0e-4d88-8ffc-a3f96e2735ebPost:207d5d3f-3c6f-4012-9eb0-3959715e9a94">Re: Dermablend??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree Dermablend is super thick and will definately cover those freckles!
    Posted by Shawnee11507[/QUOTE]

<div>Ditto.  I use dermablend to hide scars on my face and it does the job.  It will cover your freckles like a mannequin mask.</div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Dermablend would DEFINITELY cover freckles. When I tried out for a pro cheerleading squad that is what the cheerleaders told us to use to cover any tattoos. I dont have any tattoos, but ive seen it used on some and you cant even tell theres a tattoo under it!  It works very well for that but I dont think it's really made for blemishes.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards