Wedding Woes

Re: siggy check

• lrsclrsc member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oops. sorry for being the annoying new girl.
  • edited December 2011
    you realize you can check your "siggy" in any post on any board that you've ever posted on, right?

This is awkward for both of us.

ETA: More awkward for me, because I just realized this was your first post ever. My bag. ::waves:: Hello and welcome!
  • lrsclrsc member
    edited December 2011
    i apologize - my mistake.
  • lrsclrsc member
    edited December 2011
    should have done my research before posting - thanks!
  • baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    since we're testing - It's that time of year again! 
  • edited December 2011
    Stick around new girl. Tell us about you & your FI.
  • lrsclrsc member
    edited December 2011
    is it sad that i had to look up what "DIAF," "ETA," & "FI" meant? i think i'm taking inexperienced to a new level on here. thanks for overlooking my etiquette breach!

FI & i met in college our freshman year - we have been together almost 7 years - and we got engaged on our college campus during homecoming weekend this year, which was october 29th. he graduated from physician assitant school in august of this year & recently moved to north carolina for a position - which leaves us 1100 miles apart until i move over there... luckily i have wedding planning to distract me! i currently work for a neurosurgeon, editing his journal articles, coordinating his research, & basically being one of six assistants, but i'm hoping to change that by applying to an MFA program in creative writing in march. i want to write books & teach college-level english - dreaming big, but hopefully attainable! i also write for a local women's magazine. we're getting married in october 2012 at a plantation home outside of baton rouge, la. 

i still can't really believe we're actually getting married - i have flashes of reality & get really excited, but then it just slips back into feeling surreal. i'm sure when more of the details start coming together, it'll start to feel like it's real life. 

oh, and my name is lauren, by the way. nice to meet y'all! 
  • edited December 2011
    Do you have any pets, Lauren? Aspirations for parenthood? Crazy siblings or other good stories? You will win these women over with a good story.
  • edited December 2011
    She's from La so she gets my vote.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards