Pre-wedding Parties

2 showers....who to invite!

Both my sister (MOH) and my FI's aunt and cousin have offered to host showers for me. I don't really know who to invite to each one...Should I have separate lists for each?? Overlapping?? I don't want people to think I am gift grabby or anything or if they came to both that I think they need to get me another gift or anything. I figure BP gets invited to all of them plus immediate family, and then the rest of the list I could keep to the family that is hosting plus any local friends that may want to come? Thoughts? Suggestions?? Thanks so much in advance!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: 2 showers....who to invite!

• edited December 2011
    You should invite the bridesmaids, mothers, and maybe grandmothers and sisters to both showers (although they are free to decline).  The rest of your guests should only be invited to one shower, if any.  It seems like your list will probably split into a bride's side shower and a groom's side shower.  Definitely stick to inviting local guests.  It can seem gift-grabby to invite a cousin on the other side of the country to a shower unless you are super close.  Also, ask each shower hostess how many people they are comfortable hosting before you start drawing up your list.
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto SarahAndrew exactly.
  • edited December 2011
    awsome, thanks you guys. This only issue now if that the aunt who is hosting wants my side of the family to come too....im like...do you really want 50 ppl in your house?? really.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards