Indiana

Wedding Officient

Hello Ladies!

We are starting to look for an officiant for our wedding in Carmel, IN. Does anyone have any names? We could work with a non-denom. Christian, but we aren't religious ourselves...

help?!?  :)

p.s. our ceremony venue is a park in Carmel, IN, not a church. --not sure if you need that info or not. :)
Anniversary

Re: Wedding Officient

• edited December 2011
    I would see if there any any justice of the peace that would do it at your location. If you want to get married in a church most all pastors are going to do pre marriage counseling with you. And most church start at 500 and come with a wedding coordinator just for their site.  But just because you use a JOP does not mean you have to get married in a courthouse.
  • S0095042S0095042 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    great. thanks.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Ida May Hansen is based in Carmel, IN.  She likes the planning part too, and offers a wedding planning feature.  My fiance & I met with her, but she was over our budget.  Seemed rather curt when I told her that we had to go with someone else for budgetary reasons.  She was very friendly though and had good ideas.
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Michael Krug(Windsong Entertainment) as a our DJ but he is an officiant too. He is so nice and super helpful. If we didn't have an officiant already(my best friend) we would seriously consider using him! HTH!
  • emilyec1emilyec1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Rev. David Heady from Fishers, IN for our June wedding.  He is very polite and helpful and will help you design a custom ceremony. His web site is www.davidheady.com.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Rev. Greg Smith. Don't worry about the rev. part, we are also not having a religious ceremony. He charges about $200 for the ceremony and for your wooden box. The wooden box is for the ceremony he recommends - but you don't have to.

It is an awesome idea! In the wooden box ceremony there is a wooden box with a wine bottle and two wine glasses. Then you and your fiance' write letters to each other (but don't tell each other what is in them!) that tells everything and every event that made you fall in love. So the first time you met, the time you were pucking and he held back your hair, etc. Then you seal the letters in the box at the wedding. There are two ways to open the box. #1 - On your 10 year anniversary you send the kids away and have a night/weekend to yourselves and open the letters. #2 - If sometime before then your marriage is on the rocks (going to see the lawyer the next day) then you open the box and read your letters. Hopefully the letters will encourage you to want to continue the marriage and seek counseling or additional help.

I can't wait for this ceremony! It is so unique and I had never heard of it before, but I love the idea of it. Greg is super nice, his wife writes the vows, and he makes all of the boxes himself.

Here is the link to his website. http://www.indyweddingsrus.com/index.html
    Photobucket
  • S0095042S0095042 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the great leads ladies! :)
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards