October 2012 Weddings

Candy Bars!

Who is doing a candy bar and where are you in the process?

I have accquired numerous containers, but no tongs, scoops, favor bags, or candy.  When are you getting candy and how much?

OCTOBER 19, 2012!!!!!  FRIDAY NIGHT WEDDING!!!!!
Jessica Wedding Countdown Ticker 120 Invitedimage
101 Are ready to party image
18 Can't make it image
1 Are keeping me on the edge of my seat wondering image

Re: Candy Bars!

• I am and I'm done. But I also hired a woman that provides a candy bar service so I didn't have to buy (and then try to resell) all of the stuff. I met with her, she showed me how it would be set up, talked about the colours and kinds of candy I wanted (and didn't want - ew to allsorts) and all I had to go out and buy were the bags which I got on clearance at Michael's.
    Anniversary
  • edited July 2012
    We are doing a candy bar.  I pretty much have all the apothocary jars that I need, but I'd like to get a few candle sticks and some dishes to add more levels.  I bought a couple of scoops and I have the bags, but don't have any tongs or candy yet.  I'll probably start getting all of that stuff late next month or early September.  I want to make labels for the different candy so I'll need to get that stuff sooner to have time to do all of it.

This is my inspiration picture :)

dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • I've gotten everything but a few pairs of tongs (I do have the scoops) and a few types of candy. I started buying the candy a couple weeks ago. Unopened and stored in a cool, dry place should help it last just fine. Bags and stickers are done. Oh, I also need to do the labels for the jars!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I bought 7 jars, scoops and tongs from another bride on here.  I already changed out the ribbon to my colors and made little chalkboard frames to list the candy type.  I've got a little running list of what we want to have in there, but I'm waiting until probably late Sept to buy them.  We are including pistachios and dried fruit, so I will be buying those at Costco.  I also found out about a discount candy store up in LA that sells all sorts of candy for much less than the websites, so my plan is probably the first weekend of Oct to make the trek up to buy it all.  I think I need about 5 or so lbs of each type.  Also, I'm not doing candy to match our colors, so it will be what I can find that we love!

• I have the scoops and the bags are done. I'm getting glass cookie jars from the dollar store and I am making the labels myself. I will be going to bulk barn before the wedding to buy candy.
    October 2012 December Siggy: Favourite Wedding Picture
    PIC_281copy1 Anniversary
  • We bought all of our jars at TJ Maxx and Marshalls, we have some scoops and need to get some tongs.  We bought a bunch of candy with coupons at BJs but might need to get some more.  I purchased boxes for guests to put the candy in from Oriental Trading just need to put them together and make a thank you label for it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm doing a candy bar and I have bought nothing yet.  I need to get a move on for buying the jars and tongs, I just have no idea where to buy them from and not spend $15+ per jar (I've been stalking the classifieds board, waiting for jars in my area to show up).  I will be looking into dollar stores and TJ Maxx/Marshalls.

We still need to figure out candy types we'll have and where to buy them from.
  • Erica, definitely check out TJ Maxx and Marshalls.  I got quit a few from there, and all of them were priced under $9.99 for good quality ones.  Good luck!
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • I'm doing a candy buffet and everything is done except purchasing the candy.  Think i'm gonna start purchasing all of the candy in September so its not laying around here a long time.
    62198_4988882445003_1730453872_n
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_candy-bars?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:5062d328-8101-4353-848d-25ed54c5fb40Post:2c16ed33-31d3-4871-85cf-be0df55863d5">Re: Candy Bars!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm doing a candy buffet and everything is done except purchasing the candy.  Think i'm gonna start purchasing all of the candy in September so its not laying around here a long time.
    Posted by huskerfan246[/QUOTE]

I have been afraid to buy candy to soon!  If its laying around, its really going to sabotage me in my efforts to drop 10 more lbs prior to the wedding!  Best place for tongs and scoops????
    Jessica Wedding Countdown Ticker 120 Invitedimage
    101 Are ready to party image
    18 Can't make it image
    1 Are keeping me on the edge of my seat wondering image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards