February 2012 Weddings

vent/confessions...

Vent- i'm SUPER crabby lately!! i want to rip of FI's head.. and everyone else who decides to look at me!
My allergies have been INSANE lately.... and today is no different :(

Confession- i had a girly date planned with my sister to take her to dinner for her birthday but she had to cancel because her Dr put her to temp bed rest again for her pregnancy :( bummer. We were gonna do dinner and stop at a bridal shop to try on dresses.. although, obviously the health of my nephew and sister is MUCH more important.

whats yours?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: vent/confessions...

• Confession: I am having secret panic about getting the nerve endings fried in my neck in 3 weeks. It's most likely going to end my pain for a year or more, but I am freaking out. My poor FI is probably going to catch the brunt of me freaking out until its done and over with :/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2012-weddings_ventconfessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:94076715-01be-4544-b5ad-db7fe810eb77Discussion:dd80dabc-68fd-4951-801d-1912a15330e3Post:0cd41b66-e70a-4861-8762-cd6789fe1b26">Re: vent/confessions...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wendi, I hope you feel better. I know how it feels to get migraines, I get horrible ones. I remember you saying you had some fun weekends planned so you have that to look forward to- and your FI should be home soon, for good right?
    Posted by JadziaDax[/QUOTE]

Early July is the current rumor. It will be for good, which is what I care most about cause I couldn't do another deployment.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • Wendi- hoping you are getting better sleep now.

Jad- i also suffer from terrible (daily) migraines.

Sonia- thanks :) she is high risk pregnancy and pretty much can't do anything but she's doing good!

Jennifer- good luck with your surgery! my FI also had something similar done, but unfortunately it didn't work for him. I hope you have success from it
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Something I read about my procedure (known as Radiofrequency Ablation) is that it can be used to alleviate migraines if the pain stems from your neck.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jen- good luck with the procedure. I've never heard of it before- what does it entail?

I can't believe how many of us have migraines on the boards. Mine just won't go away- i'm def. going to be carrying my rescue meds at my wedding! We all should.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I rarely get them anymore, a lot is stress related with them. I took an advil last night, pair with melatonin, and slept a little better. The headache at least was gone this morning but I was still draggy.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • http://www.eorthopod.com/content/radiofrequency-ablation

this is a lot easier, but perhaps more gruesome, than me trying to explain. if you dont want to look, ill give the readers digest condensed version.

i have constant/chronic pain from joints in my neck degenerating. i get headaches and lose mobility and it sucks. so i go in for steroid injections every 6 months or so. but this leads to more problems if it goes on for long enough. what they are going to do this time is burn the nerves out that are making the pain signals using a little probe that goes down a big needle. they cook the nerves with the same kind of radiation your microwave uses to cook with. which im sure sounds like less than a good idea. but your neck doesnt take a ton of impact, and there are a ton of other nerves that are around to let me know if im doing too much. this should make my pain disappear for a year or more; possibly forever. im basically trying to keep from needing neck surgery to have my vertebra fused for as long as i can.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If it can make the pain go away, possibly for good, then it def. seems worth having it. Maybe you can connect with some people who had it done to find out about their experiences/ aftermath.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • no need. my decision is made. i figure i will try it. the worst thing that can happen is that it makes my pain worse. there are other ways to fight pain.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If it doesn't work for you, maybe try physical therapy.  I'm an aide in a PT office and we have a bunch of people in for simply headaches/neck pain.  I hope the procedure solves the problem though!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards