Illinois-Chicago

Bridesmaids and Jr Bridesmaid Dresses

I'm headed out to do some bridesmaid dress shopping with my FSIL and her two daughers to David's Bridal.  While they don't have many dresses that I like, the one advantage is that I can get dresses that I know are going to match my bridesmaid and my two Jr. bridesmaids.  However, I found this really pretty WToo dress that I think would look great on all my girls, but finding Jr dresses for a 15 year old and a 10 year old more challenging.  My question- For those with both bridesmaids and jr bridesmaid, what did you do for dresses that were both age apprpopriate for bridesmaids (mine 24-40) and jr bridesmaids that matched ok and still coordinated well for pictures?

Re: Bridesmaids and Jr Bridesmaid Dresses

• MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    My daughter's Jr. BM  (age 10) is wearing this dress in black:

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Short-Cotton-Dress-with-Ruching-Detail-JB3737_Bridal-Party-Bridesmaids-Junior-Bridesmaids

Her BM's, also in age from 21 to 25, are all wearing black dresses selected from David's Bridal.  They could select any black, short dress of their choice.  One girl has a strapless, another a Y neckline, another with a V neckline......and, quite by coincidence, we noticed all the dresses carried some variation of a waistband with ruching detail, including the Jr. BM.

Their clutches and flowers will also lend some cohesiveness, as will the color of their shoes....pink!  The Jr. BM will have a smaller, corsage-like flower pinned to her ruching waistband, to add a pop of color to her dress and to brighten the black for her. 
  • edited December 2011
    I would prefer to keep my bridesmaids in one dress, not much of a fan of the different dresses on all the girls.  But I realize that my Jr. Bridesmaids are going to have different dresses, since they are different ages and there isn't one dress that is age appropriate for both.  The WToo dress i like is chiffon, while the dresses for the Jrs. at David's (if we go that route) are a cotton or cotten sateen mix.  Not sure how all that would work together to give a cohesive look, in addition to trying to match the colors.  Thanks for the info, tho.  :)
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_JB3739-JB3739_Buy-Online-Bridal-Party-Junior-Bridesmaids

This might work for both ages.....not too sophisticated for the 10 year old, but mature enough for the 15 year old.  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011

My BMs are all wearing the same dress in silver, the Jr BMs are all wearing the same dress in silver, and my female usher is wearing a dress in silver all by the same designer. I think if you keep dresses in the same color by the same designer you will be fine. My Jr BMs are 10, 13 and 15 and I thought  that the dress that the BMs picked out was too mature for the younger girls. I took them out to try on dresses and found one that had spaghetti straps and was less fitted and it is perfect for them. I am sure that WTOO has options like that. I was able to order the 10 year old a small womans size and her family seamstress said she would have no problem altering it for her.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards