June 2012 Weddings

Any one up???

Am I the only one up watching the Royal Wedding??? 

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
Follow Me on Pinterest
Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011

Re: Any one up???

• I can't believe it, but I just woke up and couldn't go back to sleep.  I figured I'd check it out.  :)

I feel kind of badly for the journalists who have to cover this, but perhaps this is a fun change from the usual stories they are sent to cover?  :)
  • I told myself I wouldn't get up but when my alarm went off I was so excited!! I can only imagine how Kate feels.

Great point about the journalists! I bet they are loving it but it has to be a stressful event to cover

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • I up! I had to get up for work but I'm staying alittle later at home so I can see the kiss!!!! Serioulsy it was like watching a disney fairy tale! Its was awesome and I couldn't take a smile off my face! I'm a sucker for romance.
    Wedding Countdown TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic">" /> Bouquet Inspiration
  • I guess I'll catch it on YouTube this weekend.  I looked at pictures on CNN and I get all choked up thinking about my own wedding.  LOL.
  • I was up at 5:15, but was too intent and focused on the TV to even consider getting on the computer to distract me! hehe.

I am so mad though because I was driving to work when they had their kiss!! And everyone is refusing to replay it/post videos!!!!
  • They've been showing the kiss again on ABC!  I've been up since about 4:30, and I'm exhaussssted, so I'm probably going to take a nap soon.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic June 2012 Siggy: Favorite Engagement Picture! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I didn't get into the royal wedding. Yes. its a fairy tale....I just don't see the hype. I didn't even like her dress that much...I don't know. Oh and please don't scrutinize me too much over that comment. I'm already getting my butt handed to me on facebook for that comment. I am so glad that they found love, as I am glad for anyone who finds love. I just don't feel the need to get super mushy over it...
  • I was up, and like Kelsey was not stepping away from the TV to get my computer. It was seriously magical. Her dress was so stunning.
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_one-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:98b0dfc8-fa09-426e-b631-4af751bbd919Post:f10858a6-5bce-45ce-9c9a-a70c2df49a17">Re: Any one up???</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was up, and like Kelsey was not stepping away from the TV to get my computer. It was seriously magical. Her dress was so stunning.
    Posted by diamondx423[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Completely agree! It was amazing and perfect for her!

</div>
  • I was up to watch it, but my friend and I only had about 4 hours of sleep so I was too tired to get on the computer and then we went back to bed afterward!

I LOVED it all, oh my gosh.  The entire thing seemed very regal to me, and I really just hope that my FI and I radiate the caringness and love for each other that the prince and new princess did.

Funny story - FI didn't get up until he had to work at 8, but he forgot to check with me about setting an alarm before he went to bed, so he kept waking up around 5am, incredibly worried that I was going to miss it!  I'd set my alarm to get up at 5:30, and tuned in just as Carole Middleton was arriving.
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_one-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:98b0dfc8-fa09-426e-b631-4af751bbd919Post:a4fa50ec-2241-4fa2-b41e-ceb7e0f0c107">Re: Any one up???</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didn't even like her dress that much...I don't know. Oh and please don't scrutinize me too much over that comment. <strong>I'm already getting my butt handed to me on facebook for that comment.</strong>
    Posted by klapham[/QUOTE]

That is utterly ridiculous, and I'm sorry!  I loved the dress, personally, but I can totally understand why it's not everyone's cup of tea.  I don't understand why people feel the need to get so upset and up in arms about these things.
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_one-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:98b0dfc8-fa09-426e-b631-4af751bbd919Post:e6e9d0f0-d704-4d2a-b2a6-2a09cf8af2d9">Re: Any one up???</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Any one up??? : That is utterly ridiculous, and I'm sorry!  I loved the dress, personally, but I can totally understand why it's not everyone's cup of tea.  I don't understand why people feel the need to get so upset and up in arms about these things.
    Posted by DrPB2b13[/QUOTE]

ditto. at one point this morning due to my exhaustion and my love for all things wedding i was ready to punch someone for saying they "weren't thrilled with it" and "expected more for the cost".
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • when i woke up i wantched good morning america to get the recap.  and i cried.  i'm such a sap- especially for weddings!  i had a big goofy grin on my face sitting on the couch by myself!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic "June 2012" November Siggy: cake inspiration Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mek20mek20 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I was up at 4:55...and I'm so happy I did. I cried the entire time, so I guess I am a sap too! Her dress was beautiful and I am totally guilty of checking out her dress to buy for my own wedding...i loved it!

BTW..didnt the Prince look GORGEOUS...;)
    First comes Love (2.23.2006)
    Then comes Marriage (6.23.2012)
    Then comes Baby #1 (5.10.2013)
    And Baby #2 (EDD 6.15.2014)
    In the baby carriage! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards