Not Engaged Yet

What's Good Wednesday

Okay, So I'm surrounded by negativity this week, and I'm trying REAAAAAAAALLY hard to be positive.

So, I thought you ladies could help me out on What's Good Wednesday :) List 5 things that are good about today, life in general - just good stuffs.

AAAAAND, Go

Re: What's Good Wednesday

• 1. I'm halfway done with the work week.
    2. The last of FI birthday presents should come today.
    3. I will have my first swim since my 70.3 on the 15th due to getting sick, I had my first run last night of 5 miles.
    4. My nose seems to finally be stopping its constant running.
    5. My daughter, FI, and kitty gave me loves this morning.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • 1. Audiobooks. Audiobooks are good for listening to as I drive to and from work.
    2. Income. Income is good to have to spend on all the things life throws at me.
    3. Discounts. Discounts on lunch because you are an employee some where are good.
    4. Weddings. Weddings are fun to attend especially the one I am anticipating this weekend.
    5. Pencils. I just love writing in pencil. Standard or mechanical. My handwriting rocks in pencil and I just like the way it feels to write with.
  • I suppose I should answer these, as well, huh? lol

1. Boots - My legs look awesome in boots - Plus my brown Guess boots frickin rock :)
    2. Friends - I have some of the best friends, the ones that listen when I b!tch, laugh with/at me, and don't ever let me take myself too seriously
    3. FI - even though there are days when he drives me insane - i couldn't ask for a better partner in this crazy life of mine
    4. McDonald's Sweet Tea - just the caffeine I need to get me through work
    5. Professor M - Man, Mahoney is just awesome. She is always available when I need her regarding this dumb project, and backs me up when group members are being A-holes.

I love the lists ladies, keep them coming! :)
  • 1. The week half way over.
    2. Got some more information on the house we are interested in and the information looks pretty good.
    3. I have no where to be after work tonight
    4. American Horror Story is on tonight
    5. BF doesn't have anywhere to be after work either

Anniversary

• 1) This doesn't help you, but - I weighed myself last night even though I was SURE I'd be up a few lbs, and I was down half a pound! Woohoo! I'm basically losing only a 1/2 lb. per week, but I'll take it!

2) It's almost holiday time! I'm not a big fan of Halloween, but once we get that out of the way we can look forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas or Hannukah or whatever else you celebrate! I loooove that time of year (before I get too sick of winter), where it's exciting and there are X-mas songs playing in every store, and you get excited every time it snows.

3) It's almost time for the election which means - we're almost done with election coverage. Yes!

4)No more worries about getting a tan or looking good in a bikini - it is officially sweater/sweatshirt season. 

5) Again, this doesn't help you, but I get to pick up my puppy in.... 17 days!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • 1. BF - he had a really good (second!) interview this morning, and he bought me coffee.
    2. Kids - The little girl on the metro this morning really made me laugh.  FLY STEW!!!!
    3. Coffee - mmmmmmmmm venti white mocha.
    4. Dinner - we're having spaghetti squash carbonara.  I'm so excited.
    5. Friends - I wouldn't trade most of you hoars for the world :)

Bonus: SIXTEEN DAYS.
    I french with my man
  • 1. I am back down to the weight i was pre-marathon!
    2. I finally get to see FI after only seeing him for an hour the last three days.
    3. I asked my MOH (please don't side eye me) and she was so freaking excited!
    4. I got a second job working at BWW and I think it will be fun and good money.
    5. I stopped and got a Skinny Vanilla Latte from Starbucks on my way to work, yum!

• 1) I feel super hot (and slightly thinner) today. Probably haven't actually lost any weight but my outfit makes me feel like a thousand bucks.
    2) I have a great weekend planned with el senor. Two halloween parties (one is a concert) to go to this weekend, and I have the BEST costume planned...just have to build it.
    3) Only 2.5 more weeks till the G2G in NJ!! Can't wait to see my women!
    4) I'm getting back on the 100% eating healthy (SBD) plan and el senor and I have planned to get up early and work out together every morning. I love that he supports me and motivates me.
    5) Getting closer and closer to finding our place and moving a little further west of where we are now...putting us closer to the barn. I'm also going to be looking for new jobs out that way, so that's very exciting for me!
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• 1. I'm read two really good books!
    2. I love writting.
    3. Drawing is amazing.
    4. Music. Music is the best.
    5. Bf is being a total sweetheart lately :)
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • 1. Aldi's Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese- Its rocking my world this morning, like having a pumpkin pie on my whole wheat bagel. (Plus, Adli's in general is pretty sweet, did you know its owned by the same people who own Trader Joe's? A lot of the products are the same, just repacked and much cheaper. Been shopping there for a few weeks and so far I've liked every thing I've tried)

2. I have an interview a week from tomorrow!! It would be a great opportunity, and right up my alley. Fingers crossed!

3. Its sunny! Its supposed to be sunny and in the 70's the next few days. Yay!

4. Hawaii in 36 days!! FI and I are so excited, even if its a shorter trip then we would have liked, we're planning on making the most of it. Even if that means ditching his family for a few hours (or a whole day!)

5. All the other good stuff FI and I have going on- the new house (hopefully, still waiting on bank approval of the short sale); the wedding; having kids. It feels like for 9 years we were building this great foundation, an now its all coming together!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 1. The semester is half-way over!
    2. BF is coming up this weekend :)
    3. I don't have class tonight
    4. My annoying co-worker isn't coming into work today
    5. I got a good 10 hours of sleep last night so I'm feeling pretty good today.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whats-good-wednesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:226aaeaf-734b-48a2-bfce-661d657ca214Post:354f3bff-4dde-43c6-898d-6d23f2214f5d">Re: What's Good Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. Aldi's Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese- Its rocking my world this morning, like having a pumpkin pie on my whole wheat bagel. (Plus, Adli's in general is pretty sweet, did you know its owned by the same people who own Trader Joe's? A lot of the products are the same, just repacked and much cheaper. Been shopping there for a few weeks and so far I've liked every thing I've tried) 2. I have an interview a week from tomorrow!! It would be a great opportunity, and right up my alley. Fingers crossed! 3. Its sunny! Its supposed to be sunny and in the 70's the next few days. Yay! 4. Hawaii in 36 days!! FI and I are so excited, even if its a shorter trip then we would have liked, we're planning on making the most of it. Even if that means ditching his family for a few hours (or a whole day!) 5. All the other good stuff FI and I have going on- the new house (hopefully, still waiting on bank approval of the short sale); the wedding; having kids. It feels like for 9 years we were building this great foundation, an now its all coming together!!
    Posted by lennonkdc[/QUOTE]

All of this makes me so happy!! And no, I didn't know that about Aldi - we have one here too - i might need to go check it out!

Let me know how the interview goes!! :)
  • 1) We will be having leftovers for dinner tonight since there are so many leftovers from my cooking extravaganzas this weekend and this week.

2) I just had a big meeting at work about the implementation of a new financial system that's rolling out next year and good news is that it's the same system we work with now, but the layout is different! 

3) My BF is finally on board having a gas fireplace installed in our living room so this weekend we are going to a showroom to check some out.  This is going to be a Christmas gift from my parents, so I'm excited!!!

4) My fur baby gave me lots of love this morning!

5) Having wifi in my office is awesome, my productivity has skyrocketed.  I'm two days ahead of my work!

Oh and the work week is half over!  :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • 1. Today is my Friday! Super excited about that.
    2. Went shopping yesterday and two things I picked up were cheaper at the till than the stickers said!
    3. My best friend is booking flights tomorrow to come visit!
    4. I found this site yesterday CLICKY and it is making me laugh a lot.
    5. I've been able to wear my boots that I got for xmas last year because they're good for fall. I've been looking forward to it since I saw them last fall.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whats-good-wednesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:226aaeaf-734b-48a2-bfce-661d657ca214Post:139fe61d-9382-4461-b8e2-4e56b5efd8ac">Re: What's Good Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's Good Wednesday : All of this makes me so happy!! And no, I didn't know that about Aldi - we have one here too - i might need to go check it out! Let me know how the interview goes!! :)
    Posted by IrishDreamer[/QUOTE]

Aldi's is awesome, I've cut my food bill in half (at least!) Couple of things to know- bring a quater- you have to 'rent' your cart w/ it; Bring your own bags, or you can buy them there; They do take debit cards; The Winking Owl wine they sell is Ok for drinking, great for cooking; produce it actually really great.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Good luck with the job interview lennon!!

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whats-good-wednesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:226aaeaf-734b-48a2-bfce-661d657ca214Post:5e24ff6e-4ee6-4e0c-ac63-45e66fffa364">Re: What's Good Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's Good Wednesday : Aldi's is awesome, I've cut my food bill in half (at least!) Couple of things to know- bring a quater- you have to 'rent' your cart w/ it; Bring your own bags, or you can buy them there; They do take debit cards; The Winking Owl wine they sell is Ok for drinking, great for cooking; produce it actually really great.
    Posted by lennonkdc[/QUOTE]

I love Aldi's!  I always do the majority of my shopping there, BF is a little apprehensive buying meat from there though lol.  I also love that it's a small grocery store so you are in and out with no problem!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • 1. Saturday is my birthday! I have no idea what FI is planning, but he's been commenting on it all week...so looking forward to it (even though i'm turning 29 and that seems big this year).
    2. I re-dedicated myself to my diet and i'm already down 2 lbs this week!
    3. I'm completely in love with the caterer and photographer we've booked for the wedding!
    4. I get to help decorate my girlfriends house this weekend!
    5. We are (most likely) getting snow tomorrow!
  • 1. I started a new position today with a raise. I love it so far.
    2. I'm going to see Paranormal Activity 4 tonight! I can't wait, haha.
    3. This weekend I'm visiting my big sister down in San Francisco.
    4. Only 5 more weeks left of school until I officially have a Bachelor's degree
    5. My co-workers bought me flowers and some treats in for my new position. They also are taking me out to lunch. It made my day!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• 1. I think I found my ring!  I already said that somewhere else but I'm getting really excited about it.

2. I second Hummingbird's statement that the holiday season is coming up, woohoo!

3. The girls of NEY are fantastic and super-supportive.

4. Everyone's accountability and exercise routins are motivating me to get back on track.

5. Found some zesty lemon hummus at Sprouts that looks delicious.
  • 1- We will get to spend Christmas with my family
    2- We cleaned out our garage last night, so much empty space!!
    3- I feel pretty today
    4- I voted via absentee ballot so I don't have to go to the polling place
    5- My nails are almost all grown out except for 1 (and a half)

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Hi again! This is a fun thread.

1. I had a first date with a cop last night and he was a really good kisser. I'm gonna make out with him again tomorrow.

2. I have my first Tae Kwon Do lesson tonight and I'm super excited to be badass.

3. Tomorrow, before I make out with the cop, he's going with me to the gun range so I can check that off my bucket list. I get to shoot his duty gun.

4. It's Wednesday and I'm wearing pink.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whats-good-wednesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:226aaeaf-734b-48a2-bfce-661d657ca214Post:55aff783-509d-4b44-bf4a-ab642911d067">Re: What's Good Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]1- We will get to spend Christmas with my family 2- We cleaned out our garage last night, so much empty space!! 3- <strong>I feel pretty toda</strong>y 4- I voted via absentee ballot so I don't have to go to the polling place 5- My nails are almost all grown out except for 1 (and a half)
    Posted by cu97tiger[/QUOTE]

You are always pretty.

Do you know any more about the move? I haven't heard anything since you first found out.
  • Tiger - YAY for cleaning out garage, and you are always pretty!'

Mel - I thought so. I'm really bummed since yesterday I lost my favorite Puma jacket at school yesterday (it fell out of my purse) and I don't have high hopes of it being turned in to lost and found. And there's just a lot of negativity flying around my world lately, I thought that this would be a good pick-me-up for everyone. Just try and realize the little things in life that make us happy. :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whats-good-wednesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:226aaeaf-734b-48a2-bfce-661d657ca214Post:a9dbed2c-ddd1-4e2d-924c-c18ae1670dec">Re: What's Good Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tiger - YAY for cleaning out garage, and you are always pretty!' Mel - I thought so. I'm really bummed since yesterday I lost my favorite Puma jacket at school yesterday (it fell out of my purse) and I don't have high hopes of it being turned in to lost and found. And there's just a lot of negativity flying around my world lately, I thought that this would be a good pick-me-up for everyone. Just try and realize the little things in life that make us happy. :)
    Posted by IrishDreamer[/QUOTE]

Totally need to have some positive moments to make us smile. You are beautiful and sweet and smart and funny! Remember that for when you feel sad!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whats-good-wednesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:226aaeaf-734b-48a2-bfce-661d657ca214Post:8b643ee9-fb5c-41ed-9025-595da718fa83">Re: What's Good Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's Good Wednesday : You are always pretty. <strong>Do you know any more about the move?</strong> I haven't heard anything since you first found out.
    Posted by jenjenniferf[/QUOTE]

<div>I sent you a message on FB :)</div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whats-good-wednesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:226aaeaf-734b-48a2-bfce-661d657ca214Post:81f1e2e1-58f5-4c4f-bd97-01c410291a30">Re: What's Good Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's Good Wednesday : Totally need to have some positive moments to make us smile. You are beautiful and sweet and smart and funny! Remember that for when you feel sad!!
    Posted by melmac86[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Mel! :) I needed that today. Not feeling it so much lately. Hence my post of today :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whats-good-wednesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:226aaeaf-734b-48a2-bfce-661d657ca214Post:a069e303-9eb9-4b75-a1f2-7d276a02f988">Re: What's Good Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's Good Wednesday : I sent you a message on FB :)

Baaaaah! I want to know, too! Hurry up and get to the east coast already!
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whats-good-wednesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:226aaeaf-734b-48a2-bfce-661d657ca214Post:6f0dcf79-205f-43e0-b50e-f068c9830a7a">Re: What's Good Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's Good Wednesday : Baaaaah! I want to know, too! Hurry up and get to the east coast already!
    Posted by beanbot2002[/QUOTE]

<div>LOL - DHs start date is Dec. 24. It's actually great, because it means we're guaranteed to spend Christmas with my family. Fingers crossed our house sells quickly!</div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whats-good-wednesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:226aaeaf-734b-48a2-bfce-661d657ca214Post:aeafc523-6076-44ad-bb65-ab014653b17f">Re: What's Good Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's Good Wednesday : LOL - DHs start date is Dec. 24. It's actually great, because it means we're guaranteed to spend Christmas with my family. Fingers crossed our house sells quickly!

Two months from today!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards