Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Woods-y E-Pic Location?

My DF and I are looking for a location for our e-pics.  Right now we are looking at Minnehaha Falls and the Renaissance Festival.  However, I don't want our pictures to look like we obviously took them at either location.  For example, if we do the falls - no "Falls" pictures. If we do Ren Fest - no creepy costumed people.  Both places have pros and cons.  Does anyone have any other ideas for our pictures?  We want the outdoors-y, middle of the woods pictures.  A creek would be a major plus.  I see all these pictures of couples walking down a fall leaf covered dirt path in the middle of tall trees.  Where are these places?!  I can't for the life of me find them via google, so I am hoping for suggestions.  The thing that Minnehaha has that we LOVE is the water, and the fact that we can get IN the water and all around down n dirty.  At the Ren fest there would be more limitations, I think.  Plus all the people.  Our photographer suggested Battle Creek, but we visited there today and weren't impressed.  Maybe we only saw a tiny, boring part of the park?

Re: Woods-y E-Pic Location?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing our e-pics at the U of M Landscape Arboretum in Chanhassen, and I think the pics you're looking for could be taken there!  We're doing them this fall at the peak of fall color (I love maple trees in the fall!), and the arboretum has a TON of spaces that are woodsy.  Your photog. will need a permit (not expensive) to shoot your e-pics there, but most photogs. know that. 

I agree with the not wanting creepy Ren. ppl in full costume--weird...that and all the other ppl around, getting in the way of your beautiful pics!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Como Park?  You're right next to the road a lot of the time, but there are tons of trees, and at one spot there's this sweet, crumbling stone fireplace. Plus you could stop into the zoo for some cute pictures, too!

If you're up for the St Paul side, there are a ton of woodsy paths at the dog park we go take our dog; google Woodview Dog Park and it'll pop up.  There are some paved paths, but you can also venture off into just dirt paths.  Tons and tons of trees.
  • Options
    tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto, Steph. I was going to suggest the woodsy-ish area around Black Bear Crossing that's right there, too...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think we are going to do ours at Crow-Hassen Park Reserve in Hanover (just north of Rogers). I have gone running there and love it. There are no paved trails and I know there is a lake that would make a great back drop. It is free to just drop by and hike around to check out. I am waiting for the leaves to change some before we do ours. The Three Rivers Park District has a lot of great parks that are not as popular.

Three Rivers Park
    Anniversary
  • Options
    hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Jaycee's park in Roseville on Dale has a very tree-lined path around a lake.  There's also a little playground that would make for some cute pics.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lake Elmo Reserve
  • Options
    wittyschaffywittyschaffy member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did ours at a tiny park in Maplewood - couldn't even tell you what the name of it is but it is right off Century/10th street area.  They have a cute foot bridge, lots of woodsy spots, etc.  We did ours in winter at the same spot my sister did hers in the summer.  You'd never know!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There are tons of great woodsy places at Wirth Park. They have some ponds and creeks, too. It's a huge place, so I'm not sure which would be the best area to do it, but it's a great park.
  • Options
    laura_fettlaura_fett member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did our e-pics at Minnehaha Falls, and there are so many places you could take pictures that you wouldn't need to get any with the falls. I would also second como park.
  • Options
    bellaxanthebellaxanthe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Wirth park - there are a ton of spotS.  Also near Coon Rapids Dam on the west side you can go into the woods, walk out into the shallows of the river, there are little wood bridges, it's heavily wooded in some areas and also some beautiful pastures full of wildflowers.
    edited for spelling! Man I needed coffee.
    photo c603d655-594e-44b6-a311-72f04e7a561b_zpscca2447c.jpg My Little Sweetheart Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    sylvielicioussylvielicious member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone!  From what I can tell looking up pictures online, Wirth Park looks really nice.  Has anyone had their pictures done there that they're willing to share?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards