Texas-San Antonio

Our recent wedding

We are an "older" couple (late 50's to early 60's) and we wanted a small wedding for just our closest friends and family.  We invited 35 people and about 25 came.  Even being that small the details were worrrisome but everything came together beautifully! 

The biggest problem we encountered was the dress I had made turned out awful!  I looked like the old farmer's wife - not the image I wanted to project, needless to say!  So, 2 weeks before the wedding I bought a pattern and material and started sewing.  I finished it at 10:30 the night before the wedding!  Whew!  Thankfully, it was just what I wanted and looked good - if I do say so myself!

We had the ceremony and reception at Faithville in Spring Branch.  We used the small Maria Guadalupe Chapel.  It was perfect - it only holds 30 people and the atmosphere was so quaint.  We wanted to hold the reception outside in the courtyard next to the chapel but moved it to their banquet hall instead.  We were first afraid it might rain (it didn't after all) but the wind picked up enough that we would have all been uncomfortable.  Lisa at Faithville was flexible and allowed us to use the hall with no fuss.

We used Budget Bridal (sabudgetbridal.com) for the table linens, flowers and cake.  Jennifer was awesome.  She did everything exactly as I asked and the price was very reasonable.  I just wanted simple centerpieces and she provided those - glass bowls with 3 floating Gerbera daisies in each.  The bouquets for me and my "Best Woman" were gorgeous.  2 different shades of pink Gerbera daisies mixed with white and pink roses.  The cake was great!  2 layers - one vanilla and one chocolate.  It was also decorated with Gerbera daisies.

Finally, we were privileged to have the services of Jamie from Bokeh Photography (www.bokehphotography.net).  Chek out the blog on her website and you can see some of the pix of us (Dru and John).  She was there from beginning to end, chronicling the whole afternoon.  She has such a beautiful, artistic eye and she captured the spirit of our wedding in such a lovely way.

Re: Our recent wedding

• edited December 2011
    Congrats on your wedding! It sounded like it would have been beautiful to see. I'm glad you also got your dress situation fixed!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards