Snarky Brides

Best of SB 2010 Voting

The voting will go until noon tomorrow, December 31st. Hopefully this will give every one plenty of time to vote! Good luck to the nominees!

Edit: That means noon, eastern time...

Re: Best of SB 2010 Voting

• Soy un perdedor

I think I stood a chance in the "knottie who ate the most cake this year category" but alas,  it didn't exist.
  • most holiday festive too, Anna!
  • ps- I kind of wonder if the results will be skewed by lurkers... this should be fun :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_of-sb-2010-voting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6bb8442f-7017-4522-8b86-1d7ab85a1016Post:528546f4-9288-46dc-93e1-4535d477e7d5">Re: Best of SB 2010 Voting</a>:
    [QUOTE]ps- I kind of wonder if the results will be skewed by lurkers... this should be fun :)
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]
    I'm hoping they are.  That'll make it all the more fun.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_of-sb-2010-voting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6bb8442f-7017-4522-8b86-1d7ab85a1016Post:6b2d266a-d974-47c8-9fa9-040ad7738c56">Re: Best of SB 2010 Voting</a>:
    [QUOTE]It feels really quiet in here right now. Is every one waiting with baited breath??

They must be.  i too look forward to the lurker vote.

Lurkers!!  vote!  it's anonymous!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_of-sb-2010-voting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6bb8442f-7017-4522-8b86-1d7ab85a1016Post:6b2d266a-d974-47c8-9fa9-040ad7738c56">Re: Best of SB 2010 Voting</a>:
    [QUOTE]It feels really quiet in here right now. Is every one waiting with baited breath??
    I know I am.  Maybe people took the day off.  My office is dead today too.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_of-sb-2010-voting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6bb8442f-7017-4522-8b86-1d7ab85a1016Post:5c23137e-cc7c-4d00-8f90-b0f88033e9f2">Re: Best of SB 2010 Voting</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Best of SB 2010 Voting : I know I am.  Maybe people took the day off.  My office is dead today too.
    Posted by betrothed123[/QUOTE]

Yup.
  • I voted in all the ones up so far!  It took me a long time to get to work this morning.  The roads are crap.
    panther
  • Don't worry, I won't leave these sticky all year... I know it looks kind of annoying right now.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_of-sb-2010-voting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6bb8442f-7017-4522-8b86-1d7ab85a1016Post:4569fa7f-b68f-4b7f-93a1-e6a394396688">Re: Best of SB 2010 Voting</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anyone think its weird that a certain person showed up as choices on 2 different polls and is not an AE, or a reg here. 
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]

Strange indeed. 
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_of-sb-2010-voting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6bb8442f-7017-4522-8b86-1d7ab85a1016Post:4569fa7f-b68f-4b7f-93a1-e6a394396688">Re: Best of SB 2010 Voting</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anyone think its weird that a certain person showed up as choices on 2 different polls and is not an AE, or a reg here. 

yup. I was pretty shocked when I was tallying the votes.... Kiki was on the lower end of the votes for each category, but she oddly still made it!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_of-sb-2010-voting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6bb8442f-7017-4522-8b86-1d7ab85a1016Post:4569fa7f-b68f-4b7f-93a1-e6a394396688">Re: Best of SB 2010 Voting</a>:
    I admit I was a bit surprised to see some of the names I saw repeated when I was counting them up with Meg.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_of-sb-2010-voting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6bb8442f-7017-4522-8b86-1d7ab85a1016Post:988cb77e-c5c2-420d-8d9c-6f3fc4d43634">Re: Best of SB 2010 Voting</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Best of SB 2010 Voting : yup. I was pretty shocked when I was tallying the votes.... Kiki was on the lower end of the votes for each category, but she oddly still made it!

<div>Well I guess its a good sign when we can't think of too many douchebags and have to borrow them from other boards. That means SB is relatively DB free, or so we think. </div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I'm so nervous. I've already thrown up 17 times.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_of-sb-2010-voting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6bb8442f-7017-4522-8b86-1d7ab85a1016Post:1ef96374-f11e-44f5-b42c-76bcefb601e0">Re: Best of SB 2010 Voting</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Best of SB 2010 Voting : Don't breathe in the bag if you throw up in it though...
    Posted by rhonwynv[/QUOTE]

Well, no, of course not.  That would make you throw up even more.
    panther
  • Vomit makes me vomit.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_of-sb-2010-voting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6bb8442f-7017-4522-8b86-1d7ab85a1016Post:5567797b-1b96-4905-9e85-28eeb7fab5a5">Re: Best of SB 2010 Voting</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm so nervous. I've already thrown up 17 times.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

Do you have your acceptance speach written yet?
  • But we have a golden dildo statue just for you. M&M went through a lot to get one! She had to smuggle it into 3 states! Good thing the TSA agent thought she was a hermaphrodite.
  • I hope it was in her butt.
  • I'm not sure why, but the voting makes me uncomfortable. Maybe it's because it's all stickied like that. It feels like a big popularity contest and I can see people's feelings getting hurt. I guess I didn't realize this was what we were doing when I gave my answers yesterday.I thought it was just another random goofy for fun poll.
  • I think it's fun, though Sesh.  I don't think it's to be taken seriously.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_of-sb-2010-voting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6bb8442f-7017-4522-8b86-1d7ab85a1016Post:2ccedd2d-e4c9-4442-a769-7870430cc436">Re: Best of SB 2010 Voting</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think it's fun, though Sesh.  I don't think it's to be taken seriously.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

Yeah, maybe I'm just a fun-sucker. I jsut get a weird vibe from it is all.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_of-sb-2010-voting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6bb8442f-7017-4522-8b86-1d7ab85a1016Post:2ccedd2d-e4c9-4442-a769-7870430cc436">Re: Best of SB 2010 Voting</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think it's fun, though Sesh.  I don't think it's to be taken seriously.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]
    Exactly.  If you're getting hurt over not being picked you're taking it too seriously.  This is just for fun and to liven things up because normally the boards are dead right around now.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • I think they are hilarious. The only one I worry about is the D bag one. As much as I really do think Kiki is over the top sometimes, I just think that if it were me in that poll, it would hurt. I'm fine with her in the drama one because I think she deserves it.
  • And to be fair, I thought M&M did tell us yesterday that they were going to be polls today. Right?
  • edited December 2010
    Cew, I think that's it. The happy ones aren't bad, but the mean ones, anyone would be a little hurt by those.

ETA--yeah, she did, and I admit I missed that at first. I guess I was imagining something different (though I'm not sure what).
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_of-sb-2010-voting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6bb8442f-7017-4522-8b86-1d7ab85a1016Post:184021c8-831b-4b3c-b981-6a620a06b2e4">Re: Best of SB 2010 Voting</a>:
    [QUOTE]And to be fair, I thought M&M did tell us yesterday that they were going to be polls today. Right?
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]
    Yup.  It was explained in the OP.

"ANNOUNCEMENT! Today will be the SB year end awards nominations day. Tomorrow will be the actual voting once we have nailed down common finalists (oooh clicky polls!) You may chose ONE and ONLY ONE person for each category so think long and hard (that's what she said) OK??? Have fun :)"
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • I honestly am not sure why Kiki was named so many times as Dbag as she never posts on SB, therefore, cannot really BE a douche on SB.  The drama nods are funny, though.

But, I do speak for myself.  It's much more difficult to speak for more people than yourself :)
    panther
  • I kind of agree.  I guess I thought the d-bag one would end up being all trolls/aes or callout crap.  Even I feel bad for Kiki being the only 'real' douchebag up for the award.... and I can't stand her.  I think drama is one thing.

I know MM said there would be a poll and everything, but it still feels weird.  Maybe it's the sticky thing? Like, we've never had stickies, and now the whole board is polls.  Like it's a requirement or something.  Just, not so eloquently, trying to explain where I think the 'uncomfortableness' is coming from today.
  • Sesh, you are being a big lame fun sucker. The end.

Although, I see your point Nug. No one made people vote for Kiki though. I kind of feel the same way but I wasn't about to not show the true results.

it will all be over tomorrow.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards