Outdoor Weddings

Woodsy Themed Wedding

I think I want to have a woodsy themed wedding. I am looking for ideas for decorations, favors etc. The boys are wearing mossy oak vests and I am still deciding on a color for the girls. Let me know what you think.

Re: Woodsy Themed Wedding

• I'm planning a similar theme and I'm not using real flowers so I was thinking about something like this for centerpieces:
    or large vases with those whispy branches in craft stores. Some of them even have lights. Using river rocks in the bottom of the vases would go along with the theme without being overly woodsy. 
    Esty has a LOT of these wooden candle holders and the one vendor (I couldn't find him quickly tonight...someone in Michigan) has esort cards made of wood and even thin "sheets" of real wood that can be wrapped around a vase. 
    Some of the ones on esty can have your initials and/or date carved into them so they can also be favors. You could also use those paper cards that have seeds in them for people to plant as favors to go along with your theme. 
    This might sound dumb, but since you're in upstate New York, you could even get small jars of local syrup for favors since it would be a nice local thing and it comes from trees! :) LOL I'm getting a little excited...
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_woodsy-themed-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:666Discussion:54ba7723-32d3-40e7-b76e-05c454c49b7fPost:f6cc9f33-084a-4b2e-b0d5-05b14ece31e5">Re: Woodsy Themed Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm planning a similar theme and I'm not using real flowers so I was thinking about something like this for centerpieces: <a href="http://www.etsy.com/listing/95300317/tiered-log-votive-candle-holder-stand?category=weddings.decor.lighting-candles" rel="nofollow">http://www.etsy.com/listing/95300317/tiered-log-votive-candle-holder-stand?category=weddings.decor.lighting-candles</a> or large vases with those whispy branches in craft stores. Some of them even have lights. Using river rocks in the bottom of the vases would go along with the theme without being overly woodsy.  Esty has a LOT of these wooden candle holders and the one vendor (I couldn't find him quickly tonight...someone in Michigan) has esort cards made of wood and even thin "sheets" of real wood that can be wrapped around a vase.  Some of the ones on esty can have your initials and/or date carved into them so they can also be favors. You could also use those paper cards that have seeds in them for people to plant as favors to go along with your theme.  This might sound dumb, but since you're in upstate New York, you could even get small jars of local syrup for favors since it would be a nice local thing and it comes from trees! :) LOL I'm getting a little excited...
    Posted by beardownbchs[/QUOTE]

Those are very pretty! I'll have to look on etsy. I found some good stuff on Pintrest also. I did get some ideas, I was just looking for others. What is your color scheme going to be?
  • Colors..I'm not sure yet. We haven't picked our venue yet (planning a DW in Montana and we're going there next summer to look at the venues I've found) so the colors really depend on the venue. I'm thinking about a turquoise-tealy blue and chocolate brown. What's yours?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_woodsy-themed-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:666Discussion:54ba7723-32d3-40e7-b76e-05c454c49b7fPost:84bde079-5e05-4f38-bc60-6fed7f4af2e9">Re: Woodsy Themed Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]Colors..I'm not sure yet. We haven't picked our venue yet (planning a DW in Montana and we're going there next summer to look at the venues I've found) so the colors really depend on the venue. I'm thinking about a turquoise-tealy blue and chocolate brown. What's yours?
    Posted by beardownbchs[/QUOTE]

The boys are wearing Mossy Oak vests. I'm thinking brown for the girls. My problem is, I'm wearing red shoes (Ruby Slippers, Wizard of Oz style), because its my favorite movie and I've always said thats what I am going to do. So I am trying to figure out how to tie it together. I figured maybe browns/reds/maybe a hint of orange for flowers? I'm horrible at the color thing lol. Thats why I am on here, hoping to get some light shed on it! 
  • I love curley willow and pussy willow decorations myself. They are so whimsical and unintentionally elegant. Don't worry about matching your shoes to anything. The bride really isn't supposed match anyone. It's the one day you can do what you want with your look, and people will love it!
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-classifieds_entire-green-and-brown-rustic-wedding-for-sale

I saw this just now and thought of you and your theme and colors. She wants a lot of it to be picked up, but you could at least get some ideas! I sure did! :)
  • I love, love, love the look of birch bark -- was planning to use it heavily in our decorations, but our plans changed and it won't work as well with the new season/venue.

On Etsy, you can find birch candle holders, votive holders and vases.  Better yet (if you don't mind a little DIY) you can buy birch bark "tubes" (Etsy or Ebay) -- basically unbroken circles of bark from branches or slender trees -- you could slide a mason jar or plain dollar store vase down inside to make either a candle holder or a vase (for less than you'd pay for either of those).

There's even a cake in the photo section that was frosted to look like a birch tree ... with the couple's initials "carved" into it (not that I'm a fan of carving on trees, but it was a cake after all).  Again, had we used the venues we first considered, we definitely would have wanted something similar.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_woodsy-themed-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:666Discussion:54ba7723-32d3-40e7-b76e-05c454c49b7fPost:4ae8cea2-d323-4793-9c4c-f8a05b4002ad">Re: Woodsy Themed Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Woodsy Themed Wedding : The boys are wearing Mossy Oak vests. I'm thinking brown for the girls. My problem is, I'm wearing red shoes (Ruby Slippers, Wizard of Oz style), because its my favorite movie and I've always said thats what I am going to do. So I am trying to figure out how to tie it together. I figured maybe browns/reds/maybe a hint of orange for flowers? I'm horrible at the color thing lol. Thats why I am on here, hoping to get some light shed on it! 
    Posted by andie1021[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>i really love the red shoe idea!!! I wouldent incorporate the red into whole picture. Maybe very subtle. Like a small red flower in you and bridesmade bouquets. I personally think itll make you pop with out so much red around you ;)</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards