May 2012 Weddings

No one liked my hair after the trial :(

I think i am dealing with too many really annoying opinionated people.
Today i was so super excited to go get my hair and makeup done and instead..as with everything with this wedding...it turned out bad...

I cant describe to you how s-hitty it feels to come home all dolled up and people say negative stuff. my MIL said i looked 10 years older...my fiance didnt like it...my MOH said it also made me look old....and my mother said she doesnt want her hair done by the place i went.  its sort of crushing when i spent time and money researching places etc.
anyway i feel lousy even posting these but oh well.

this was before makeup and pretty early in the AM and i was tired.

got home and was so distrught that i ripped it all out.

so i am thinking of emailing the girl that did my hair and tell her i want a half up half down thing. see the thing is i had my hair half up and down when i was in a wedding but i was not brunette, i was blonde. i think that was the issue. so i opted to do it all up and now even i am not really liking it all up.

ugh i need some opinions. and the 2nd batch i had my makeup done. but its not 100% either because my girl had a wedding to go to. she said she will take at least another hour getting my eyes perfect but she wanted to make sure we had colors and were on the same page with things. i do like my make up though.

Re: No one liked my hair after the trial :(

• I think both are really pretty...but I do like the second batch where the back is down. So maybe your FI and FMIL thought it was the updo that made you look older. It sounds like half up/half down is the way to go...but if you liked it all up better, don't let other people sway you. You're the one who has to wear it all day and look at pictures forever and if you're not comfortable with it, then you won't be happy. Your makeup is really pretty too!! You'll look beautiful no matter what!!
    178 Are Invited
    image 126 Are ready to Par-tay!!image 52 Are party poopers.image 0 Can't find the mailbox.image
    RSVP Date April 14
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • thanks!! the 2nd batch we just took my hair down and i messed with it on my own ...so its not neat like it should be. i left the salon and took all the pins out and my FMIL clipped it up.
  • I think the first look is beautiful and elegant, and the second makes you look younger. I think either is pretty, it just depends on what sort of tone you're looking to set.

And your makeup is going to be gorgeous ;)

Don't let everyone else bring you down, pretty lady!
  • Your makeup looks great!  And I love the 2nd photos with it half up/half down - the first is pretty, but you have such gorgeous hair that I think you should show it off =]  A lot of people could wear their hair like your first photos, but not everyone can pull off the 2nd look!
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I honestly think you look beautiful in both. The updo looks a little fancier and with your hair down like that it looks very elegant and romantic. Your makeup looks fantastic! 

Have you considered doing it how you have in the second set of pictures (pulled back to the side)? You have great hair for that look! 

I'm sorry you're so frustrated, but I think no matter what you are going to look incredible!
  • edited March 2012
    I really like both styles on you! I'm sorry that your mother & MIL had bluntly inappropriate comments to share. 

Go with what makes you feel the best and prettiest! :) 

I would say though...ifyour FI doesn't like it, maybe it's because he prefers your hair down perhaps? Just ask why he didn't like it and go from there :)

ETA: By bluntly inappropriate, I mean...unhelpful. If you're (general you) going to criticize, at least offer a suggestion to make it better.
  • You have GORGEOUS hair; I agree with Samantha that you should show it off :)  Maybe there's a way to combine both styles (like another pp suggested)? Maybe have the half up part in some fancy.. thing... can you tell I'm not a hair dresser? lol

But yes, ultimately, this is your look, so you should go with what you feel the most beautiful in. You look beautiful in all of your pictures!

And I need the ppl around you to be nicer so you can have more happy posts.
    Anniversary
  • I think you look great, but I think that the second hairstyle looks better, but either would be pretty :)
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• With them not liking it, maybe it was because your hair and makeup were all done up, but likely didnt match what you were wearing.KWIM? I think they would find it looks different when you have your dress on,  jewelry and everything.

I like the half up, half down. I think you have gorgeous hair. PPs are right, not many girls have an abundance of hair that they can wear like that!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have to agree with PP, it looks very pretty the first way, but I would kill to have hair like yours! :-) I think the second set looks great and you should show off all that gorgeous hair! 
  • Loving the 2nd batch.
  • i think both are prettty but the second set of pictures are my favorite. 
    Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I love the second look ... show off that great hair!
  • I agree...the first look is nice, but you have such gorgeous hair i think your family probably feels like the first one doesnt really feel like you if you normally wear your hair down. OR if you do want to do it up...could you do it lower....like a low side bun or something where its still kind of whispy around the face and you can see some length?
    http://www.wedding-hairstyles.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/side-updo.jpg

I do love your hair down or half-up though since I am super jelous of your hair!

(PS I've been having the same struggle...do I want it up or down..I LOVE the back on my dress and it would be a shame not to show it off, but yet I know FI loves my hair down, and it does feel more wedding and less prom to me to wear it down..so I still have to decide..leaning towards half up at the moment. )

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• Sorry you met such negative comments on the updo! :( I think it's beautiful.. very bridal, but I agree with all PPs that the 2nd batch is more youthful and romantic. I'd kill to have hair as thick and pretty as yours, I'd show that off!

(If it makes you feel any better, I paid $75 for a hair trial a week ago and HATED it because I also thought it made me look older. I felt like an old lady who just got her weekly curlers put in. I then decided half up/half down would also be the way to go)

Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mildlymailynmildlymailyn member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I also agree with Samantha! You have beautiful hair! I think both styales look awesome and it is what you want/like. Besides, I dare someone to have ONE bad thing to say to us on our wedding days. We should and WILL be the most beautiful girl in the room.
  • Wow, you have gorgeous hair! I like the pics where you ripped it out better, lol. It looks more elegant and flowy, imho. The first pic is kinda reminescent of Princess Diana. Not that that is a bad thing, but it does feel a little dated (not you, just the style)

You look so beautiful in the second set with your hair and makeup together like that, I think it looks fantastic! I think you should just go with your gut and pick whatever makes you feel the best. Ultimately you'll look more beautiful in a hairstyle that you really love :)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Don;t let anybody bring you down :) Now is not the tiem to let the negativity get to you. Wear whichever you feel most comfortable and beautiful in. Like everyone else has said already, wear what makes you happy. Personally I like both batches. It all depends on the look and feel of your dress and wedding :) And don't forget to have fun with it! ;)
  • I think you look beautiful in both styles.  I agree with PP's that the full updo has a more sophisticated, maybe construed as "older" look but it's very pretty.  The second is a more relaxed and more lets your gorgeous hair stand out.  And I think your makeup is amazing for not being finished yet.  Don't get discouraged...no one can begin to imagine how everything will compliment your dress so they can only give feedback on what they see separately.  Once it's all together, you are going to completely knock their socks off!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_no-one-liked-my-hair-after-the-trial?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:e607edb9-3a98-4b3f-a338-da94581f9dbdPost:855b04d4-6bd8-43f3-82ce-61dca7e97af5">Re: No one liked my hair after the trial :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]Your makeup looks great!  And I love the 2nd photos with it half up/half down - the first is pretty, but you have such gorgeous hair that I think you should show it off =]  A lot of people could wear their hair like your first photos, but not everyone can pull off the 2nd look!
    Posted by AurorasEnvy[/QUOTE]

I completely agree with this!! The first one is still beautiful!! Your hair is so gorgeous I definitely think you should show it off! I say either one will look beautiful!! :)
    Anniversary image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards