California-Los Angeles

Affordable Cakes! Need info :)

I didn't know choosing a cake would be hard...I've looked at soooo many pictures but I haven't found the ONE...LOL...Do you ladies know of any afforable bakery close to Ventura area? since my reception is there. I want to stay under $400 and I have 80 people on my guest list :)
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Affordable Cakes! Need info :)

• edited December 2011
    I got lucky and have a mom who went to school to learn how to make cakes...my advice is to see if you know someone or can find someone who knows how to make cakes and see if they can make one for u at a cheaper price
  • joeymichjoeymich member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YEah, cakes are soooo expensive :( but then I have to worry about how the cake is going to get to the reception.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    A lot of the times the person takes it themselves and sets it up for u...in what part of LA are u getting married?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In studio city...Sportman's Lodge
    BabyFetus Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow! that's a good deal and I'm going to have only 80 people..Thank you for the info :)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • MegussukMegussuk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I made my own out of Ding Dongs and Ho Hos, but I know that often there are pastry school students looking for clients through craigslist.  They usually only charge for delivery and the actual products used.  Might be worth a look. 
  • joysyearjoysyear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-los-angeles_affordable-cakes-need-info?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:68Discussion:2b81e896-18ac-418c-bd3a-fb23c07b2403Post:6d3797a9-78d1-4def-a688-767a032fa9f9">Re: Affordable Cakes! Need info :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In studio city...Sportman's Lodge
    Posted by joeymich[/QUOTE]

Hey, I'm getting married at teh sportsman lodge in January 2012 when is your cermony.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married November 5, 2011 :) I love that place..Happy planning :)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • akavanaghakavanagh member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try King's Hawaiian in Torrance. If I remember correctly they are pretty affordable and you could get a smaller tiered cake and the rest in sheet cake which will save you a ton of money!
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards