California-Northern
Options

Monterey Wedding Video

Just wanted to post that I just got married in September and had Big Time Video Services do our wedding video.  I had a hard time finding vendors in Monterey, so I wanted to post this because Big Time Video was GREAT!  Peri and her crew are GREAT to work with.  They talked with me and really got a feel for what we wanted for our wedding, and for the video.  They did an amazing job with our video and it is truly a movie of our big day.  They captured every moment, detail and emotion and my husband and I cried through it the first time we watched it!!!  Peri is detailed oriented and really gets the job done and listens to everything you have to say.  So if you are looking in the Monterey are, check out Big Time Video Services!

Re: Monterey Wedding Video

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Can you tell us about your other vendors too?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    YES!  We just got our wedding video back this weekend, so it is fresh on my mind.  In my opinion, we had the best of the vendors in the Monterey area, so if anyone has anyone questions...please feel free to ask!  I planned my wedding in Monterey from the East Coast, so I had a hard time deciding on which way to go.

PHOTOGRAPHY:  Jim Pinckney of Carmel Wedding Photo.  I can't say enough good things about our wedding pictures and working with Jim.  Our pictures are SO GOOD.  Jim did a great job and was very easy and flexible to work with.  I was quite the non-committal bride when it came to what time pictures should start, etc and I kept changing my mind on him.  He just went along with me and was very relaxed about the whole thing.  There is not one moment of the day that he did not capture.  Our pictures are amazing!

CAKE:  Layers in Monterey.  DE-LI-CIOUS.  Tony Nuovo was the person I worked with at Layers.  They are a family owned company who have been doing this for quite a while.  I went for a tasting and all of their cakes were delicious.  They took care of everything and were very affordable.  The cake was beautiful at the reception and my only regret was that I didn't have time to actually have a piece.  :)

FLOWERS:  Swenson and Silacci.  I found them online and wasn't sure what to think because it looked like a national chain, but I contacted the Monterey store and worked with Erik.  WONDERFUL.  The flowers were not only so beautiful, but working with Erik was great.  He took so much time with me to go through different types and colors of flowers and would show me how different things would look together, etc.  On the wedding day, they delivered all the flowers to where they needed to go and offered to spread all the rose petals on the tables at the reception.  They also delivered the flowers for the ceremony to the church and placed them on the alter for us.  We didn't have to lift a finger or worry about a thing with the flowers! 

DJ:  Sound in Motion.  Warren Wong was our DJ from Sound in Motion and we loved working with them.  Our reception went flawlessly and apparently the party kept going well after Brian and I left!  We planned, planned planned with Warren and he kept the reception on schedule and played pretty much all of the songs we requested for the night.

The ceremony and reception was at the Naval Postgraduate School in Monterey.  My husband is in the military and was stationed there, so that made the decision easy.  It was beautiful and convenient and the chapel and reception hall was perfect.

VIDEO:  Big Time Video Services...as stated above!!

I can't think of anything else....got the dress at David's Bridal, etc etc.  If anyone has any questions...let me know!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    s42296, who did you use as your caterer?

carrie sue
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards