California-Los Angeles

Hump Day Poll

What's your favorite flower?  Are/Did you use it in your wedding flowers?

Where are/did you honeymoon?

If money were no object where would you go for your honeymoon?

Are/Did you hire a wedding planner?  If not, do you wish you did?  Was it worth the money?  
Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Hump Day Poll

• jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tulips and peonies.  Yes, I used them in everything!

Maui.  It was beautiful.  I keep looking at pictures wishing myself back!

New Zealand and Australia for 3 weeks.  New Zealand was our original plan but I started school so time and money were tight.

Are/Did you hire a wedding planner?  If not, do you wish you did?  Was it worth the money?  
    No wedding planner and I think I did ok without one because my venue had their own DOC but it would have been nice for someone to help me make decisions (because my plate was really full with school so planning usually took a back seat).  Not to mention now that I've seen what Tina Molina comes up with, that would have been nice.

Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Favorite Flower- I love roses, but I don't know if I would say I have a favorite flower and yes I will be using them for the wedding.

Honeymoon- I told FI to pick, since he is BIG on doing LOTS AND LOTS of research before making the move he has narrowed down to FIJI or the BAHAMAS, can't wait to see what he picks.

IF $ were no object, I would say travel all through Europe that seriously would be my DREAM!!! ...sigh

Wedding planner- NO wedding planner, but a DOC. I'm enjoying very much planning the wedding though at moments I feel a bit stressed because people aren't doing what Im telling them to do (hehehe) but I think if $ were no object I have no doubt I would of hired one.

So far DOC has been GREAT and I think she has been worth!Wink
  • nikojammnikojamm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Calla Lilies.  Yes, I used white and orange ones along with cymbidiums (which then became my 2nd fav flower!)

We went to Santa Ynez (our special place).  We will take another one which will be a cruise.

Not sure as I didn't really think about it cuz we couldn't dream of an expensive hm.  I guess somewhere exotic: maybe Fiji.

No.  Nope don't wish I did.  Everyone that helped did a FANTASTIC job!  
  • edited December 2011
    What's your favorite flower?  Are/Did you use it in your wedding flowers? I love lavander roses and I will be using them in my wedding

Where are/did you honeymoon? Hopefully if it's safe Cancun

If money were no object where would you go for your honeymoon? I would want to go to Fiji and be in one of those canopy's on the water <3 Or two weeks in Hawaii

Are/Did you hire a wedding planner?  If not, do you wish you did?  Was it worth the money? No we're not hiring a WP but we will be having DOC
    they're not mistakes, just learning opportunities! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I really wasn't into flowers before planning my wedding but now I love peonies and hydrangeas!  And Yes I want to use both of these flowers as much as I can in our wedding
    Not really sure we will be taking a honeymoon.  We did take a pre-moon in January were we celebrated our 16 anniversary in Cancun for 7 nights.
    I would totally let FI pick because he is so much more traveled than I - but where ever we did go - I know it would be for at least 2 weeks.
    Yes we hired a wedding planner (last 3 months and DOC).  So far she has been worth every penny.
    My Planning Bio - updated 4/19/10
    Our Wedding Teasers
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    243 invited image 170 Said YES image 45 Can't party US image 28 Haven't heard from image Invitations sent out on 4/6/10 - Our RSVP date is 5/15/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Favorite flower is Hydrangeas. I will be using them along with different flowers in white.

Bora Bora! We think it's so beautiful and we just want to relax.

I would have to say to sail around the world! We love to go on cruises!

We are undecided about hiring a wedding planner, but we will definitely hire a DOC!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-los-angeles_hump-day-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:68Discussion:6fc7d3e8-dcb3-4e62-ae78-e654af9728d8Post:0dc9f514-933b-414b-b3e5-e3fc8b0b7c51">Hump Day Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]What's your favorite flower?  Are/Did you use it in your wedding flowers? Where are/did you honeymoon? If money were no object where would you go for your honeymoon? Are/Did you hire a wedding planner?  If not, do you wish you did?  Was it worth the money?  
    Posted by jagore08[/QUOTE]

<div>Favorite flower is Jasmine, and I did use it in my wedding flowers.  Made the bouquets smell sooooo good!</div><div>
    </div><div>Honeymooned in Vancouver, Canada, but we took the train from Union Station to Seattle, spent two nights in Seattle and then another train to Vancouver - so the honeymoon included some other sights as well.</div><div>
    </div><div>I kind of AM an event planner (mostly fundraiser/corporate), but I had to give over control on the day of to my partner, Heather - and doing all that work on her own when we usually do it together was her gift to me.  So...um...yes, totally worth it, but I didn't actually have to spend any money on it.  HOWEVER, I totally would have hired a DOC if she hadn't stepped up.</div><div>
    </div><div>If money were no object, we'd have gone to Europe for sure.  And for a month!  There was an amazing train vacation that went through Italy and you stayed in high-class hotels and it was only $10K per person!</div>
  • Vans18Vans18 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have a favorite flower, I used Red Roses, calalilies and hydrengeas for the wedding.
    I went to South Lake Tahoe (wedding gift)
    I would have gone somewhere tropical, definitely the Bahamas!
    We hired Tina Molina, and what can I say? Worth every penny!
  • edited December 2011
    What's your favorite flower? 
    I have a few: Plumeria is my favorite but is expensive as hell outside of Hawaii to get.  I also like cymbidium orchids and peonies and stargazer lilies.

Are/Did you use it in your wedding flowers?
    My bridal bouquet was all cymbidium orchids.  I did use stargazer lilies in my  church arrangements and centerpieces, and I used silk peonies for the clasps holding my chair shashes.

Before we bought our house we were going to go to Italy and France for our honeymoon.  But, now we're glad we didn't honeymoon in Europe right after our wedding because of that volcano in Island--if we would have gone it would have grounded our flights for certain.

Italy and France, probably Tahiti as well.

Yes we hired a wedding planner.  I am tempted to say it wasn't all that worth it.  There were a couple of things my planner didn't do that really annoyed me.  Like not covering up the candy buffet because she thought because the guests had not touched the buffet at every other wedding she had coordinated, mine wouldn't either.  The other thing that really annoyed me was she didn't make sure the venue cut and served my cake according to my wishes, consequently none of my guests even tasted my cake.   Knowing this in hindsight, I would have been more selective with my choice in coordinators.
  • edited December 2011
    I love peonies, anything soft and fluffy. We aren't using them, though, since our wedding is in July! I also love the look of succulents, even though those aren't flowers..and we ARE using those.
    We are doing 10 days in Maui and I cannot WAIT! I've never been to Hawaii.

I'd still love to go to Hawaii,  but maybe stay longer or somewhere more luxurious...or island hop to see more! Or, we would love to spend a few weeks in Italy. We took a beginning Italian class in college together, just for fun (he already speaks French and I speak Spanish), and always talked about using our (very limited) Italian on a vacation. Hopefully someday!
    We hired the fabulous Paola at Just Chic Events for DOC, but  her packages really include so much more than just DOC. She's already met with us several times and provides constant advice and feedback via phone and email. I don't think I could do it without her! I have no doubt that the day of the wedding will run perfectly thanks to her, and she is already worth the money!
  • edited December 2011
    Dont have a Favorite Flower.. Just Love flowers all around.. Which was pretty easy when it came to our wedding flowers. I didnt have no specific Must haves.. as long as the colors were right =)
    Will be going to New York =) ((Crossing Fingers))
    Ohhh Europe.. Jamaica.... Sigh
    Although we did not "hire" Tina Molina, instead we won a Contest she was having I have to say my wedding felt like a Million Bucks having her. So, If I was still in planning mode, & knew how that day would play out, I would hire Tina Molina in a heart beat.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards