New York-Western
Options

....need some wedding HELP!

OK so i have a few questions. Being that I have NEVER been to a wedding and no one I know has much input.... Looking for some recommendations on the following.

Someone to do my wedding dress alterations i bought my dress from DAVIDS BRIDAL (always said i wouldnt but i loved the dress!) but i heard the alterations department is a NO NO.

DJ? Who is good in the Buffalo NY area?

Also a place that rents cars. Not looking for a limo but a nice car like a older fancy car.

Any info would be great help, thanks ladies!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: ....need some wedding HELP!

• Options
    AeroStyleAeroStyle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've know a few people who had alterations done at David's and they were not happy (both Amherst and OP). I would check around. I've has a few dresses done at JoAnne's on Millersport in Amherst and she was great. (Not a wedding dress but I see she does do wedding dresses there)

Advantage Limo has 2 (I think) old Rolls Royces. THey're beautiful. I was hoping to use them but it would have been about 800-900 since we'd have to get both for the whole party. If it's in your budget I say go for it!

DJ, we are using Movin Music. He's great and we've heard from quite a few people who have used them & we're very happy. He's quite reasonable also!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've had dresses altered at JoAnne's by UB North Campus and she is just awesome.  If you're looking for a confidence boost, just stop in to say hello - she's too sweet.  I'm seriously considering getting my wedding gown altered there as well.  Let me know how it turns out if you decide on her!

I've heard really good things about Energy Entertainment if you're looking for a DJ.

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am no help with the car or alterations. I had my dress altered at MA Carr where I purchased it. She did an amazing job but I don't know if they do alteration for dresses not bought through them. Might be worth a call.

We used Whirlin Disc for our wedding. I have nothing but nice things to say about them. I had a blast at my wedding. Everything ran like I wanted, the dance floor was full most of the evening. We had a great time!
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also got my dress at David's, but my future MIL is altering it, so I'm not much help there.

We are using Saxman Slim for our DJ....I've heard good things about him, and Energy Entertainment as well
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    M.A. Carr does not do alterations on bridal gowns not purchased from them. 

We're using Toy Bros Entertainment for our DJ.  They're top rated on wedding wire and their prices are good (especially if you want to to a photobooth too)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards