• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
December 2010 Weddings

NYE Brides - Countdown is on!

So excited, that it's official 1 year until my wedding! I now have my venue, church and minister all in my pocket.  
What vendors do you have or timelines have you set for yourselves? 

Re: NYE Brides - Countdown is on!

• Woo-hoo 365 days to go for me too! 2010 is going to fly by....

We have venue, photographer, DJ, and minister.... next up is ceremony music (hope to do that in January), Save the Dates (order soon, send in March) and of course gathering addresses (that is a big job!). Maybe florist and transportation in the next couple of months too...

Best of luck and Happy New Year!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ~~ BFP 5/9/12 EDD 1/18/13 ~~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yay for one year!!!
    I have the church, reception hall, centerpeices, and dresses done. Next will be minister, save the dates, cake, flowers, and house shopping!

Happy New Year!
  • So exciting.  I have my florist and cake also who are being done by family friends.  Now I just have to get a DJ to call me back and all is good! 2010 is going to be great!

Happy New Year!!
  • Oh geez, I feel so behind! lol I was just engaged this Christmas and we're looking for a NYE wedding too. I dont have anything yet! Help! lol Whats the first thing I should be doing? Ceremony/reception hall right?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Bonnie no worries, plenty of time! And congratulations!!!

Yes I'd definitely say ceremony/reception hall are the biggest... and then anything you need to "book" like photog, music, etc...

I'd say just focus your energy on the first two big ones in January and then go from there.

Good luck and happy new year!
    ~~ BFP 5/9/12 EDD 1/18/13 ~~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • hurray! 1 year and counting!!! I'm so excited! We have the venue, caterer, and photographer, next up is officiant, DJ, and rentals. I took a break from wedding planning over the holiday, but will be back at very soon! Oh, and we've decided on the invitations.
    Planning Blog: www.JohnandSteph2010.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image228 Made the list!
    image 42 Are ready to party!
    image 6 Will be missing out!
    image 180 Can't find the mailbox!
  • SOOO excited to finally be at the year mark!!

• I'm so excited, the wedding is finally under a year! I have our wedding bands, my whole bridal outfit (dress, shoes, corset, headband, veils, jewelry, etc), the venue for the ceremony and reception, my minister (my grampie :D ). I have already picked out what flowers I want; stephanotis for me and FI anemones and monkeytails for my only bridesmaid and groomsman,(but haven't chosen a florist I'm having a desintation wedding so I have to talk to my wedding planner), my cake topper but haven't purchased them yet (Our monogram with hand placed swarsovski crystals), my favors and seating card/favor holders but haven't ordered those yet either (custom M&Ms and the seating card holders are little chairs and the seat opens up and the candy will be in there), I already know what I want to do with my hair, and my mom has done a 1st draft on the menu. We're doing classic black, white, and platinum. 

I've planned a lot but I start clinicals in Feb and won't be done until Sept so I will be working 8-5 school 7-10:30pm and doing clinicals on the weekend every weekend until Sept so I'm trying to plan a lot now because I will have NO time to do it when I SHOULD be planning everything. 
  • me too! We have been talking about NYE wedding for months. But just Officially got engaged on Christmas. So we still have lots to do.Going to meet with the events coordinator at the venue we want on monday. Going with mamma and the bridesmaids to a big bridal show tomorrow.
    Yay for NYE Brides!
  • i'm so excited and now i'm overwhelmed, too!! I just looked at the knot's budgeter for the first time and flipped out once I saw how much stuff we still have to do! All we have is the venue, but luckily they'll be our caterers, too. time to get focused!!
  • oh no!! im so far behind!! i just got engaged christmas and we are wanting NYE, but havent done anything yet. I am having a hard time finding a venue, maybe i am too picky? =( 

• taramcgilltaramcgill member
    First Comment
    edited January 2010
    <a href="http://www.theknot.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers&quot;&gt;&lt;img src="http://global.theknot.com/tools/tickers/tt59c5c.aspx&quot; alt="Wedding Countdown Ticker" border="0"  /></a>
    I have got alot of things done. But unfortunately not the venue yet.:( Wondering if anyone is doing NYE themed wedding favors (noise makers, hats, etc.) And if you can suggest good places to get good deal
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards