Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Holy Storms!

I'm usually not scared of thunderstorms (I actually love them), but I'm a little freaked out by this radar....

Re: Holy Storms!

• edited December 2011
    I am a little bummed.  I am down in Savage and it hasn't even rained here!  I need a little excitement while im in studying on a friday night :(
    June 18, 2011 Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • maybe984maybe984 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Um, yeah... the storms are freaking terrifying. My plan was to drive out to Eau Claire to visit my parents tonight, but that's definitely not happening. I got as far as the gas station 3 miles from my house before I decided it wasn't gonna happen and turned back around.
  • edited December 2011
    I think it's gone now.  Funny story, I knew there was bad weather coming, so I decided to take the dog out for a quick walk.  I got about 2 blocks away when the torrential downpour started.  Even the dog tried hiding! (and he LOVES when it rains.)

Just a little hail here; I'm hoping my car is ok!
  • edited December 2011
    Steph, you are SO lucky your dog loves rain.  My dog refuses to go outside when it's raining...even when I get home from work and she's been holding it all day, she won't go out...I literally have to walk her with out and make her go down the patio stairs...and then of course I get wet...she's such a little princess :)
    imageimage
    Born 37w4d on 09/27/11 - 5lbs 10oz 19 inches
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd stopped to grab takeout after leaving the gym, and that's when the sirens went off. I'm glad I only had a couple miles to go, because I was watching branches falling off trees, and couldn't see a half a block in front of me. The streets were flooded for awhile because the storm drains couldn't keep up.
  • edited December 2011
    Blondie- He's a little Husky and Golden Retriever mix, so he was basically bred to love the outdoors and water. If it makes you feel better, FI and I live in an apartment, so every time the pup goes outside, we go with him.  I was completely drenched last night in about 2 minutes.
  • newlyseliskinewlyseliski member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think Clare13's wedding was last night!  I hope everything went ok because that rain and hail was awful.  I was down in Eagan playing ultimate frisbee for a bit until the sirens started going off!  We scattered pretty quickly but still caught the brunt of the storm and had to pull under an overpass to avoid the craziness because you could not see a thing!!  Whoever has their wedding today has a bit better weather!!
  • jtothelee216jtothelee216 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Sirens are going off now in Cottage Grove. : (

Laura -- my dog is the same way...doesn't want to get her paws wet!  lol

• edited December 2011
    Our dog won't get within 5 feet of the door if it's raining.  He hadn't gone since about noon, and held it until 9:00 the next day.  We took him out after it was all done, but no dice.

BTW, we got a dog!  His name is Wesley and he's a black lab/beagle mix and is the most well-behaved, almost lazy dog ever, which is perfect for me.  I wish I could run home and play with him, since we're kenneling him during the day to make sure he doesn't get in trouble loose in the house, although he'd probably just lay on the couch all day long.
  • edited December 2011
    All these storms made me start freaking out about my date choice of June 18!! Now I am going to be paranoid of tornado warnings and flood causing downpours on our wedding day! YIKES
  • edited December 2011
    Dogs are too funny, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with a picky dog :)  We have a lab/american bulldog...if we get within 20 feet of any body of water, it takes all my strength to keep her from jumping in...but when it falls from the sky, she wants nothing to do with it :)  I just don't get it!
    imageimage
    Born 37w4d on 09/27/11 - 5lbs 10oz 19 inches
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_holy-storms?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:f4597fbf-ee2c-4a46-8067-9cb08ae3fa9bPost:2c12b2f6-8734-4bf4-92c0-f09f0d322054">Re: Holy Storms!</a>:
    [QUOTE]All these storms made me start freaking out about my date choice of June 18!! Now I am going to be paranoid of tornado warnings and flood causing downpours on our wedding day! YIKES
    Posted by kaylas16[/QUOTE]

It seems like you just can't pick a "safe" date in Minnesota, can you? :-/
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    So true! I hate snow so to avoid it snowing on my wedding day that eliminates about 9 months of the year....lol  It really is a challenge :) Guess we all just have to hope for the best!
  • edited December 2011
    Ha. FI and I originally picked October, because it was the only month where it (likely) wouldn't blizzard or be 90 degrees.  We ended up with early November, but it should still be ok. I hope.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards