New Jersey - South

Menu Finalization Meeting at the Merion Tonight!

Who has had theirs? What can I expect? Do we go over anything other than the menu, like linens or anything? Anything else?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

230image 205image 22image 3image

Re: Menu Finalization Meeting at the Merion Tonight!

• ev4149ev4149 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ooo fun!!  Let us know what you end up deciding on!!  I'm interested in finding out how they let you pick the chafing dishes...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LisaLPharmDLisaLPharmD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I was wondering if you pick like the dishes/silverware, like gold vs silver, or if everything is the same. Guess I'll find out tonight!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited December 2011

Have fun tonight!! Can't wait to hear about it. Who are you meeting with? When is your date?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We meet with Stephanie at 5:30.  The day of the wedding is November 6. When is yours?!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited December 2011
    I'm December 4....Can't wait to hear the details of your meeting!  Did you do your cake tasting yet? I need to schedule it but keep forgetting.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't. I guess I will pump her for information about the cake tonight, and then call to set one up. That should be exciting! I heard someone say that the Merion choices are very limited for your cakes though, so we'll see...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• ev4149ev4149 member
    edited December 2011
    I heard that your choices are limited... but if you are willing to pay extra, you can have something a bit fancier.  From my understanding you pay Isgro's directly. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I heard the same thing about the limited selection. I'm hoping to like something they offer though because I'm tired of paying extra at this point. We'll see though...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • marianthebmariantheb member
    edited December 2011
    Hi LisaPharm! Let me know how it goes; we went and we were so excited!

image 280 image 241 image 31 image 10 Making Us Wait
    RSVP Deadline: 10/2
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_menu-finalization-meeting-merion-tonight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:128Discussion:1959d615-4c26-44a1-8cd3-08dedb51d072Post:a89ddbc9-0e0d-4c81-a4e2-bd72cf0648a3">Re: Menu Finalization Meeting at the Merion Tonight!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We meet with Stephanie at 5:30.  The day of the wedding is November 6. When is yours?!
    Posted by LisaLPharmD[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I'm working with Stephanie also! Isn't she awesome?!

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok so the meeting is over, and Steph was a big help.

First they asked about vendor contact info and the seating arrangment and floor plan.  They we went over linen choices, and chair covers.

After, we made our picks for the martini bar, then the menu choices. In addition to the 6 stations, they said they will do an additional station to personalize it to my Irish wedding theme.  I had already picked a monogram ice sculpture, but they are doing a 2nd one, as a shamrock, and making irish food like sheppard's pie for this additional station.  i thought that was awesome how they try to make things personal!

WHen I asked her about additional costs for the cake, she said as long as we weren't trying to design anything too out of the ordinary (or use fondant) then we shouldn't have extra charges. She said if Isgro's tries to charge more, have them call the Merion directly to discuss it, since an allotment of our payment comes from the Merion to cover the cake.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• marianthebmariantheb member
    edited December 2011
    LisaPharmD, what color are your linens??

image 280 image 241 image 31 image 10 Making Us Wait
    RSVP Deadline: 10/2
  • ev4149ev4149 member
    edited December 2011
    Wow!!!  So you are getting 7 stations!  That's pretty awesome.  What stations are you doing?  And what did you pick to go along with them?  (They told me that you get 6 dishes to go along with the stations... i.e., eggplant to go with the pasta station, etc.)

Do they do chair covers?  I don't remember those. 

That's also good to know about the cake.  I was told before that we can do different flavors for different tiers.  (Yay for options!)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

For the linens we did ivory tableclothes and chair covers, with hunter green napkins and hunter green sashes on the chairs.  What are you doing, Marian? The annoying thing about the chair covers is that if you want them, they are $5 per person. It's also an extra $200 if you want your sweetheart table raised.

We have the included stations- Pasta, Asian, Toscana, and Mashed potato bar, but we didn't pick any specific dishes (besides sauces, etc) for those, because we didn't know we could ahead of time, so we just stared blankly at her haha. She did ask if wanted any specific dishes for the pasta and asian ones though.

Our choices:
    Street vendor - hot dog cart, pork with broccoli rabe and stromboli (i didn't like their 
                             cheesesteaks)
    Seafood
    Irish

That's awesome that we can get multiple flavors on the cake. I didn't know that!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited December 2011

Was it just Stephanie there for your meeting or was one of the owners there too? That's really good. It seems like it was very productive. Did they charge you more to add that additional station or they just added it in?

I love the idea of raising the sweatheart table but I'm definitely not too excited about the $200.  How are the color selections for the linens? Are there a lot of different shades of colors?

I am a little concerned about the bakery. I'm just wondering how we know what is included and what is over the top?

Glad your meeting went well! Your wedding is around the corner!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ev4149ev4149 member
    edited December 2011
    That is annoying about the chair covers.  I may just skip them.  I think I am going with the black linens, and I'm going to see if I can give them silver table runners to go with the linens. 

I'm working with Stephanie also, so it's nice to hear you are having a good experience.

I used Isgro's for my engagement party - they were fantastic.  I have no idea what is "over the top" and what is not.  They have some very pretty cakes on their website - I hope some of those styles are included!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    ev4149 - I'm think I'm planning on leaving the chairs as they are too and going with the black linens. Chair covers can definitely get pricey but they can make a nice difference in the room. I love your idea about a table runner.  Are you making that or buying it from somewhere?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ev4149ev4149 member
    edited December 2011
    With the black linens, I don't think the chairs need covers.  The chairs are black, so it should still look nice.

I looked at some runners on ebay.  These were the ones I am looking at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/14-x-108-in-Satin-Table-Runner-/370427391693?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item9503543b12

If you buy 20, you get 25% off.  So, it would be about $43 for all of the table runners, and they have free shipping.  I figure I will need at least 20 for the guest tables, sweet heart table, and maybe the card table.  I don't want to spend a ton, but I feel like for me, the table runners add a nice touch, especially since I am not doing chair covers.  These also have a nice shine to them, too.  I think I may have to iron them, but that is no big deal.  I plan to just drop them off with all my other stuff (like favors) the week before.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I specifially met with Stephanie

I was annoyed about the added costs too - like we're not paying enough!

There were about 20 selections for the napkins maybe? I was just relieved they had my color.  The tablecloth has to be black, white, or ivory. 

For you girls using black tablecloths - my coordinator said she often usually tells the girls who get black tablecloth not to bother with the chair covers because the chairs are black.  I'd save the cash!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• ev4149ev4149 member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the input!  And as for the extra charges - did they charge you for the Irish station?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No, the extra Irish station was free!  She is the one who brought it up and suggested it. She said it's their way of making things more specific to the couple.  She was asking what our favorite food or theme was.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards