Florida-South Florida
Options

HELP!!!

I need help finding a song to dance with my nephews, since my dad passed away a few years ago...
They are 9 and 10 and 1!! 
Also help with a bridal party entrance song!!

And also where can i get tent place cards!! Have searched the entire internet and cant find any nice ones..
TIA
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: HELP!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Try paperpresentation.com for place cards.  A couple knotties have gotten items from there.  They have really nice stuff.  Also Michaels, has some nice place card kits if you don't want to get them online.

As for the bridal party entrance, it all depends on your personal preference.  If you like rock, maybe U2's It's a Beautiful Day or if you like pop, maybe BEPs Let's Get it Started or Tonights Gonna Be a Good Night.  I was going to do a BEP song but now I'm going with Celebrate Good Times by Kool and the Gang. 

HTH! Good luck :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I lost my dad last year and I too have been trying to think of something to do in place of our dance.  My FI lost his Mom when he was younger so they wont have a dance either.  I never thought to dance with my nephews! I think it's a great idea.  I cant think of a song off the top of my head but I would def pick an upbeat and recent one - 9-10 year old boys tend to bounce and jump while dancing!  Good luck and what cute pictures you'll have from it!!

We will most likely be inviting all the married couples to join us in our first dance after a few minutes.... That way FI wont be embarrassed for long and everyone will get started dancing.  I'm just afraid of how my mom will feel at that moment. =(
    image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    jennej24jennej24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I got some Martha Stewart ones from walmart, you can print on them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300383529466&rvr_id=&crlp=1_263602_263622&UA=W2I7&GUID=0955867f1220a0a22a707510fff660c3&itemid=300383529466&ff4=263602_263622

I don't love them, but I got them on clearance for $1, so I am still not really decided for sure if I am going to use them, but you might want to check out and see what they have there.

• Options
    StacsuStacsu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I recommend checking out weddingwire. My DJ recommended that website to me and it was a great help in picking out our music selections. They have lists of songs for each category, and each song has a link to lyrics, music video, and sometimes user comments. I hope this helps you!

http://www.weddingwire.com/wedding-songs

• Options
    n&j1010n&j1010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you girls!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards