New Jersey

Shawdowbrook - Afternoon reception

Hello! I am considering having an afternoon reception at the shawdowbrook in the upstairs ballroom (i think it is the oak room...). Was wondering if any has or is planning to have an afternoon wedding there? I think it's gorgeous, but am concerned it will be too bright in the room since they don't have any type of window covering. I feel it could set a different tone or mood to the wedding if the sun is glaring in. Any thoughts?? I'd love to have an evening wedding but is a bit too high for our budget. Thanks :)

Re: Shawdowbrook - Afternoon reception

• I would see if I could go there during the afternoon when your wedding would take place and see first hand what it is like with the sun.
  • My cousin had an afternoon wedding (diffrent venue) and I have never been to a wedding with so little going on. No one got "wedding drunk" hardley any one was dancing. and a lot of people left early. We where considering a afternoon reception until we went to that :/
  • We are having our afternoon wedding at the Shadowbrook in the Oak Room.  We have been to several events there both day and night and did not find the sunlight to be an issue at all.  If anything, being able to see the outside garden area makes it that much more beautiful.  Your event will be what your guests and entertainers make of it.  I wouldnt worry about how much drinking your guests will be doing, focus on the venue itself and what it has to offer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards