• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
July 2010 Weddings

Repeat After me

TGIF - Thank God I'm fabulous! (Say that to yourself, because you are!) Kiss

Ok divas, let's help each other get through this day! What should we talk about? Everyone is getting fittings now, let's talk fashion!

Who made your gown and is it the one you had a pic of beforehand? Has FH seen it at all? Was he with you when you picked it out?
Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Repeat After me

• Who made your gown and is it the one you had a pic of beforehand?

mines from davids bridal and i did see it online before i tried it on but didnt expect to love it so much. and i was sick of dress shopping and kinda just wanted to pick something. it was the one i hated on me the least....lol im not much of one for trying on clothes and fashion and stuff

Has FH seen it at all? Was he with you when you picked it out

no way he has not seen it. i told him it was had a hot pink fluffy skirt. of course he knows its not. lol.

House Renovations
    Married Bio

I am a gluten-free, gun-toting wife! :P

I love you, Daddy...2/24/1953 to 2/13/2011image
    My dress is an Alfred Angelo dress. It has been THE dress since I saw a picture of it online. I fell in love with it and knew I had to try it on. Thankfully I still loved it just as much when I put it on!!

Has FH seen it at all? Was he with you when you picked it out?
    NO WAY!!! He spent time with my dad while my mom and I were trying on dresses. He did see a picture of it once - I basically had a bunch of different dresses printed and cut out of magazines and I had him look through to tell me which ones he liked. My dress was in that pile of pictures.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lauren's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest

• LOL that you told him it had a hot pink puffy skirt! LOVE IT! LOL

Ok here are my answers:
    Who made your gown and is it the one you had a pic of beforehand?

My gown is by Essence of Australia, and no it was not one of the pics I had beforehand.  I was dead set on getting a Maggie Sottero but didn't like any of her gowns on me. I hadn't even heard of Essence of Australia until I walked into the store. They had so many gowns by EOA that now looking back and seeing their web site I wish I tried on more by them!

Has FH seen it at all?
    Yes and I am fine with that (although he hasn't seen it in quite a few months so he probably forgot what it looks like).

Was he with you when you picked it out?
    No but I wish he was!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • K ByteK Byte member
    1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary
    Pronovias/Manuel Mota, and yes I saw it on the website and was interested in trying it on, but there were also a whole bunch more I liked better. Unfortunately they weren't in our area. Sad face. :( I still like my dress though but originally there were other ones I thought I would like better!

Nope he hasn't seen it I don't think, unless he snooped on photos on my computer!
  • Who made my gown and is it the one you had a picture of beforehand?  Sottero and Midgely.  I love it, and it's NOTHING like the ones I had picked out!!

Has FI seen it?  Unless he's been snooping on my computer, nope!  I want it to be a surprise!

Was he there when you picked it out?  No way!

image Anniversary

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.
  • Who made my gown and is it the one you had a picture of beforehand?

Mine is from David's Bridal. It is similar to what I knew I wanted to get (strapless, drop waist, some lace), but I didn't plan to get it there - I was a little bit snobby about David's dresses until I went and tried mine on (and cried and had my moment).
    Has FI seen it? Was he there when you bought it?

Nope! He hasn't and he was definitely not here! He doesn't want to see it. And I don't want him to either. We are having the traditional "reveal" walking up the aisle and I can't wait for that moment!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • nyreknyrek member
    1000 Comments

I had already bought a dress from DB...very elegant, one-shoulder grecian style sheath dress.  Then, while trying to google images of red rose bouquets for myself, I saw a pic of this dress!  Fell in love with it.  Toyed with the idea for months and finally purchased it sight unseen and not having ever tried it on! When it finally came, I loved it even more nad I'm so glad I got it.  It's Maggie Sottero, Antonella:

Has FH seen it at all?
    No way...I won't let him near it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • I'm not all that into what I look like in wedding gowns, so I never had that "moment." In general I'm not a cryer though.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • steph - I am a super sappy crybaby person - I cried like a baby - my consultant put the veil and blusher on and I practiced walking towrads the mirror and started crying (so did Mom)...

We're two peas in a pod! Airbrush makeup and waterproof mascara (and tissues!!)

I'm not sure who made my gown. HAHA!  I know it's not a label that is around my area much.. except for the ONE store within HOURS from me.  :)  I can't remember the name of it though.. but I LOVEEE it!

Has FH seen it at all?
    NO!  NO NO NO! He thinks I'm going to be in some puffy, cinderella gown (since that's what I LOVE ahaha) too bad I didn't like any of them on me! :)  It's sooo different! Almost form fitting :)

No!!!!
  • Mine is by Maggie Sottero and called "Mirabella" (PIB).  I didn't have a picture of it, but I had something similar.  FI knows nothing about it!
    Abigail Rose, EDD 6/8/13 BabyFetus Ticker

Nose Job Blog
  • My dress is made by LaRichi Couture. The shop I bought it from was having a trunk show and I got to meet the designer. She was so nice and even added on custom alterations and a cathedral length custom veil for nothing!! No addtl. cost...still the dress was not cheep but I did get all choked up and I am normally not like that.  I surprised myself.  I also didn't have a pic of it beforehand and besides the pics I took of it myself at my first fitting, there aren't any pics of my style anywhere on line that I could find. Not even on the company's website!

No way has my FI seen it and I know he is going be be blown away. I am traditional and so is he so neither of us wanted him to be there when we were picking out dresses and he doen't even want to hear anything about the dress.  I can't wait to surprise him!
    [url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt15d7aa.aspx[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt15d7ab.aspx[/img][/url]
  • @Andykit724 - I wish I had a form fitting gown! I was 35 pounds heavier when I ordered my dress. If only I had known then, that I'd lose weight!

@ Madam A - I even held in laughter when he proposed. I just thought it was funny to see a [then] 38 year old man on one knee, all nervous and whatnot. I doubt I'll even cry during the ceremony!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Who made your gown and is it the one you had a pic of beforehand? My dress is Maggie Sottero's "Harriet." I had a few pictures when I went in to the bridal salon, but saw this on the manequin and asked if it was in my price range. It was so I had her pull it and it ended up being the second dress I tried on. When it came in about a month ago and I tried it on again, I fell in love all over.

Has FH seen it at all? Nope, FI has no clue what it looks like other than it's white. I keep pointing out ugly wedding dresses we've seen on tv in movies or if I find one online that I know he wouldn't like. When I point them out I tell them that's my dress, and he's like "God I hope not!" It's pretty funny.

Was he with you when you picked it out? Nope, just my mom, aunt and one BM.
  • My dress is made by Watters and Wtoo.  It was the style I wanted, but I hadn't picked a specific dress out when I went to try them on.  I just knew I wanted a mermaid style dress with roguing and not much else.  And that's exactly what this dress is.

Fiance has seen it, but he doesn't know.  My BM's battery died on her camera so she took a picture of me in the dress on my phone.  FI was going through my phone pictures and saw it.  But there were a whole bunch of pictures of me in dresses and they are pretty poor quality, so I still think it doesn't count of him seeing me.
  • STEPHBKNY-  I'm not as skinny as I would like to be and it's not totally form fitting.  It's SEMI mermaid.. and I mean.. VERY semi.  It starts it's flair at my pelvis... a subtle flair.  :)  It's soo pretty (I wish I could post pics- but my mom has hoarded them and the designer does NOT post pictures online.)  I want to loose some weight so I am skinnier... but the dress sucks me in pretty good! :D
  • CourtAndDougCourtAndDoug member
    500 Comments
    edited May 2010
    Who made your gown and is it the one you had a pic of beforehand? It's a David's dress, Michlangelo
    Has FH seen it at all? I won't let him :)
    Was he with you when you picked it out?NOPE! My mom was, it was actually a "gift" from a friend of my sister's...

My TGIF is even better because today is a "teacher comp day" and I get it off! Gotta love 4 day weekends after a 4 day week!
    52 Invited 34 accepts 16 Declined 3 +1's not yet replied RSVP Date- June 26

"Art heals by accepting the pain and doing something with it." Unknown
    "Why, I don't want to be treated as an equal [to men] I want to be treated much better!" Blanche on equality (from Golden Girls)
    "Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life." Picasso
    Our wedding web site
  • Megglez - Your dress is one of my ALMOST dresses. So pretty!! I really liked a lot of Maggie's dresses!
    My dress is made by Venus. (PIB.) It's similar to the ones I picked out beforehand, but I hadn't seen it before the dress salon.

NO WAY!!! He is like crazy about NOT seeing the dress or anything related. He won't even let it in the house. He wants to be surprised.
    [url="http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=breastfeeder&utm_medium=ubb&utm_campaign=badges"][img]http://images.thenestbaby.com/badges/tb_sig_ebf.gif [/img][/url]
  • My dress is by Lazaro (PIBs). 

I lusted after many Lazaro dresses online before I shopped in person, but they were way out of my budget.  I knew the store where I bought my dress carried them, but I didn't even ask to try any on when I went to try dresses on because I didn't want to fall in love with something I couldn't afford.  I started by trying on many mermaidish/A-line dresses because I thought something more form fitting would look good on me (I'm only 5'1").  I was so discouraged because everything looked terrible on me.  They were just hitting me in all the wrong places.  I was surprised because I have seen many girls my size in mermaidish dresses and they looked beautiful on them, but it was hard to imagine any of those dresses looking good on me once my size/altered because the sample dresses I was just swimming in. 

I was hesitant to try on any ball gowns, but my consultant suggested it, and my mom and grandmother were dying for me to try some on.  MUCH to my surprise, the ball gowns looked the best by far!  They brought out some trunk sale ball gowns, including a Lazaro.  My dress was love at first sight, and once they offered it to me half price, my out-of-budget dream dress was now in my price range.  SCORE!  It had only been tried on a few times and is a discontinued style.  In perfect condition, and fits almost like a glove, just needs to be hemmed (a lot) and taken in at the bust a little bit!

FI saw a picture in my knot bio (he is such a snooper!) because he "didn't know" what he was looking at.  Yeah right.  He swears he only saw from my boob level up and I really hope he is telling the truth.  I told him I was so sad he saw and I think he felt bad... he was definitely not with me when I bought it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Miss ... Mrs.
  • edited May 2010

Great post :)

My dress is an Impressions Bridal Couture.  Yep, sure is the one I had in my siggy!  FH has not seen it, but I told him a few things about it when I was trying to decide what I wanted for alterations.  He was not there when I picked it out.  I want him to see it for the first time when I walk down the aisle :)

ETA:  I didn't understandt he picture question at first...no, I didn't see a picture of it beforehand.  I actually was dead set on getting a dress with pickups, so a tulle skirt was not on my radar at all.  But I fell in love when I saw it!

"This is the most extraordinary thing about motherhood - finding a piece of yourself separate and apart that all the same you could not live without." ? Jodi Picoult Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have a Romona Kaveza.  I had no idea what I wanted when I started looking.  I fell in love with the dress when I tried it on in the store, but it was way more than I wanted to pay for a dress I will wear once.  I bought it from someone selling it online and paid about 30% of what I would have in the store.  FI has not seen it, but he was the one that actually went and picked it up and payed the woman since he was in the US at the time.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Casablanca Couture. no it's not. I think i had a dress by eden bridal picked out it was a strap less a line. Mine is a halter very slim dress.

Has FH seen it at all? 
    Nope, although he seems to be around every time someone asks about it

Nope. just my mom, sister (moh) and son
    Photobucket
  • Mine's a DB Gallina Signature.  I spent the week before my appointment making and editing and re-editing my list of styles to try, and this one was #3 on the list.  I threw a simple colored sash around the waist and it just felt perfect. No moment or crying.  I just liked it and that was it.  It helped that anyone who walked by said they loved that dress on me. ;)  

My fiance has not seen it.  He might have come close to seeing a photo once, but there was a (I'm sure) very dramatic moment in which I hurtled myself over him on the couch to take it out of my "screen saver" photo pool.  

• Looks like I'm the only one who took FI shopping with me for the dress!

Its David's Bridal & I had never even seen it before going into the store. It was on a mannequin! 

He saw it, helped me decide and helped me buy it.... so yeah. He's seen it.  It's not going to make our wedding any less special
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards