Wedding Party

WPBP of the day

If you look at all your clothes, what color do you favor?

How often do you go shopping for clothes?

What's a fashion trend that you will not participate in?

What's a fashion trend that you LOVED and wish would come back?

Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
My Planning Bio
My Married Bio updated March 4

Re: WPBP of the day

• What color are your clothes? trying to remember...black or green?

How often do you shop for clothes? I might randomly get the urge to go to a store one day and see what they have. It's probably every 2 months or so.  I'm kinda a cheapo though so I don't buy a bunch at stores,esp if it isn't on sale. I usually just get one top.

Trend I won't participate in? Leggings...seriously? They aren't pants...and they don't go very well with tops that come up to your belly button or massive fat rolls.

Trend you want to come back? I'm drawing a blank
    Anniversary
  • If you look at all your clothes, what color do you favor?
    Black/white/gray.  Those colors are easy to mix and match.  Almost all of my work clothes are black/white/gray....so much so that people are shocked when I wear a brown dress or skirt to work. :)

It just depends.  I haven't really done much clothes shopping this year.  I usually do two big shopping trips per year; one for spring/summer clothes and one for fall/winter clothes. 

Jeggings.  NEVER.

Jelly shoes
  • If you look at all your clothes, what color do you favor? Black...and blue...
    How often do you go shopping for clothes? Rarely, unless I NEED something or I'm employing retail therapy, which isn't often...shopping for clothes often depresses me...
    What's a fashion trend that you will not participate in? Other than the whole pants around the ankles thing? I don't know...
    What's a fashion trend that you LOVED and wish would come back? I was never really a "fashion-forward" person, so I never got up on "trends" much...
    Blue

I go to the mall a lot because it's right behind my apartment but I rarely return with clothes despite my best intentions.

Skinny jeans.  I honestly believe that a lot of fashion trends are made for thin people and that they shouldn't make them above certain sizes.  If I wore skinny jeans, I'd look like a fat arse.  I really don't need an arrow pointing to my rear end.

I can't think of any from my time that I would like to come back. 

Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • [QUOTE]What's a fashion trend that you LOVED and wish would come back? <strong>Jelly shoes</strong>
    Posted by frogurt814[/QUOTE]

<div>Jelly shoes used to rub blisters on my feet and make them sweat.  I think I'll be sticking to flip flops if they come back.</div>
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Noooo, Jelly Shoes were awesome!  I'm fairly sure I even tried wearing mine to bed because I loved them so much. :)
  • Frogurt, I have seen jellies around my neighborhood. Yes, they did make my feet sweat and gave me blisters, but I still loved them.
    My Planning Bio
  • If you look at all your clothes, what color do you favor? Blue, black, and gray!
    How often do you go shopping for clothes? VERY often. I always need some new piece for an audition and what with me losing weight, nothing fits again. I went down 2 dress sizes.
    What's a fashion trend that you will not participate in? Skinny jeans, jeggings, leggings as pants, baggy shirts.
    What's a fashion trend that you LOVED and wish would come back? Normal height heels. These 5 and 6 inch heels are something I don't even want to attempt. 
    My Planning Bio
  • If you look at all your clothes, what color do you favor? For tops/dresses, blue and pink.

How often do you go shopping for clothes? Not often...most stuff in Chile is either crap or expensive, plus since I'm a giant (5'9" is giant here) it's hard to find stuff that fits. I seriously load up every time I'm the US though, so once a year for a major shopping spree.

What's a fashion trend that you will not participate in? Oh, jeggings for sure. I love leggings (Suz, they don't replace pants, but they're great under a tunic or dress and so comfy!) and skinny jeans (although Jagore, totally agree that not all body types should wear them - people, dress for your shape, not what's in style but makes you look hideous!), but the two should not breed.

What's a fashion trend that you LOVED and wish would come back? Crimped hair! Haha, not seriously, but I do remember loving to crimp my hair when I was little and doing it for like two weeks in senior year when my whole class (all 54 of us) decided it would be fun and that we didn't care if we looked silly, so I wouldn't be opposed to reviving it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wpbp-of-day-199?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:a2d06ddd-991f-45a6-a8ef-8868447667d5Post:a5e2323f-4129-4f40-b186-9cf452e76fc1">Re: WPBP of the day</a>:
    [QUOTE]What's a fashion trend that you LOVED and wish would come back?  Normal height heels. These 5 and 6 inch heels are something I don't even want to attempt. 
    Posted by stina93446[/QUOTE]

Stina, kitten heels are in for fall according to the fashion blogs - you're in luck!
  • CS!!!! Wow, it's been a long time since I've seen you here. I don't go on E anymore though, so that may be why. I love the kitty!
    My Planning Bio
  • If you look at all your clothes, what color do you favor? Gray.

How often do you go shopping for clothes? Almost never.

What's a fashion trend that you will not participate in? Skinny pants of any kind.

What's a fashion trend that you LOVED and wish would come back? I can't really think of any.  I'm the least trendy person ever.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Emily - I could see a cute tunic or something with leggings...although what i've seen around SC is more of what you would see on peopleofwalmart.com.  I've actually seen a girl in shirt that comes down to the belly button, her stomach hanging over her leggings in the front, rolls coming over the leggings in the back, and the leggings all up in her crack. That killed it for me.
    Anniversary
    It's not so much color as it is plain. I really don't have printed or patterned things.

We have 2 decent stores in town. Maurice's and Vanity- not sure if anyone has ever heard of them.  They aren't great, but for cheap clothes they do. I go every couple months of so.

Gladiator shoes and funky boot looking things with skirts/shorts.  I don't mean cowboy boots, but like short ankle weird things. I will also not participate in the "Kate" haircut that everyone seems to have around here, or the one I like to call the sideways Kate.

So much stuff from the 80's and 90's HAS come back, it's hard to decide!  I'm gonna go with Slap Bracelets!

dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • edited August 2010
    CA2 - I forgot about gladiator shoes... I can't stand them either. I went shopping with my mom for her MOB shoes. While at the store we saw a mom trying on gladiator shoes in navy suede for her MOG dress in satin?!?!?! It looked so awkward. She kept holding the dress up in front of her, with the shoes on, looking in the mirror. My mom and I thought, how does she think that looks good??  I know it is a trend but learn how to use it.
    Anniversary
  • The worse is when they are lace-up/tie-up the leg and it's cutting off their circulation and their skin is popping out from between.  And they think it's sexy.
  • haha - pair that with the leggings people wear around here and you have some seriously gross people watching.
    Anniversary
  • CA2, what's the Kate? Or I guess the real question is which Kate are people copying?

Confession: I like gladiators and own a pair, although I'm kind of over them.
  • If you look at all your clothes, what color do you favor? Purple, brown, black, green, blue...I've got a pretty equal spread. I'm not shy. 

How often do you go shopping for clothes? Too often. I looove clothes. I usually buy at least a new top every month.

What's a fashion trend that you will not participate in? Skinny jeans. They would just be fat jeans on me.

What's a fashion trend that you LOVED and wish would come back? I hope bohemian-chic stuff hangs around. I don't know that it's really gone, but I love patterns and comfort.
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Emily - Yeah but your a hot momma! I've seen your pics and I do believe you could pull it off very well! Wink
    Anniversary
  • If you look at all your clothes, what color do you favor?  Pink

How often do you go shopping for clothes? A few times a month, also depends on my mood and if something is coming up (like Vegas next wknd, woo hoo)

What's a fashion trend that you will not participate in? Leggings and those flowy  tops (that make you look pregnant) that all stores have now.

What's a fashion trend that you LOVED and wish would come back?  For 1 day, I'd like to wear a pink poodle skirt and share a milk shake with my fiance...lol.

• I just have to say, the thought of jeggings makes me shudder. Their existence is causing thousands of people to make terrible fashion decisions right this second.
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hi, CS!  *big dorky wave*

Blue, black

How often do you go shopping for clothes?  Only when I'm in dire need of more.  I've never really been a fashion girl, but I'm always on the hunt for pants for work that are comfortable and have four real, functional pockets.  They are irritatingly hard to find.

What's a fashion trend that you will not participate in?  Umm, most of them?  I pretty much live in jeans and sneakers, with T-shirts for the weekends and reasonably nice blouses for work.

What's a fashion trend that you LOVED and wish would come back?  Flare jeans, I guess.  I loved bell-bottoms in junior high and high school, they're super comfy.  The closest I can find now are bootcut.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284

• The Kate.  And the sideways Kate is when it's nearly shaved on one side and A-line on the other.
  • I still rock flare jeans, aerin. :)  I can find them in most of the stores around here, but they are getting harder to find. : /  I just don't like the look of straight leg jeans and definitely not skinny jeans.

I forgot to mention ankle boots before.  I hate them so much!  If you have jeans on, and i can't tell they are ankle boots then fine.  But to wear them with a dress/skirt or leggings and an oversized sweater?  No thanks.
  • CA2MT4EveRCA2MT4EveR member
    First Comment
    edited August 2010
    I just read an ugly word.  Jeggings.  How gross!

I logged on to http://evanity.com/category/fashion-jeans-for-women/shop-all-jeans.do?sortby=ourPicks&page=all to show aerin some flare jeans and found that.

ETA: http://www.cruelgirl.com/?cid=403,647,925 is another good place for flare. 
  • tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    Pink

I honestly haven't shopped in a year.  Before that, I'd hit the mall after a stressful day at work

What's a fashion trend that you will not participate in? Bump Its

What's a fashion trend that you LOVED and wish would come back? The full sundresses
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • I'm not sure I could support a site that sells jeggings...

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • megk8ozmegk8oz member
    First Comment
    edited August 2010
    Blues and black. A few years back, I worked in a book store where the only real "requirement" for the dress code was a black shirt.  So I have tons of black shirts.

It varies. I pretty much replace stuff as it gets worn out. So sometimes I'll go several months without setting foot in a store, and then suddenly I'm at the mall every other weekend.

Are "crocs" considered a fashion trend? If so: if I could punch any one person in the face, it would be the person who created that monstrosity.

I loved the whole "Bohemian" trend: the flowy skirts, clunky jewelry, head scarves, etc. ... but that was back when my mother still had to "approve" my wardrobe, and she hated it, so I barely got to indulge. I feel robbed.

ETA: For all the ladies looking for "flare" jeans, Victoria's Secret sells them online ... they aren't full on bell bottoms, but they are more "flared" than the boot cuts.

And for everybody that hates super-high heels, I'm jumping on your train. A few weeks ago when I was looking for a cute new pair of ballet flats with Google, I managed to stumble on "ballet heels". Holy crap, I think my ankle snapped just looking at those.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Forget my ankles, Meg, I think my knees just exploded looking at those.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards