Second Weddings

Newbie to the board

Hi all! I'm Stacy and this will be my second wedding. It will be the first for my FI.  I am with the PP newbie who said that 2nd time around the priorities are different and also what other ppl said about being able to do whatever you want.  Since my 1st wedding was when I was 19 and was rushed bc I was pregnant and he was in the reserves it was a small living room ceremony, so this time around both FI and I want to include some of the traditional things while still keeping it fun and fresh. Other than that we are keeping it simple since we are both really easy going and not really "traditional."

Re: Newbie to the board

• edited December 2011
    Welcome and hi.  I'm new-ish here too.  Sounds like you have a great event in mind.  Have fun planning!
  • Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Tell us what you have planned so far
  • Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome Stacy! Congrats on finding the right guy this time. Can't wait to hear all your details.

This board is very welcoming, and great for mature brides who know what they want.
  • SSBT2010SSBT2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing a fall theme because that is the favorite time of year for both of us. Our wedding colors are claret and ivory with a little chocolate brown.  We are using christmas lights and sheer ivory fabric for decorating the ladge where we are getting married.  The table are going to have ivory linens with claret napkins.  The centerpieces are going to be a large candle on a brown fall platter with a couple votive candles and fall leaves around it. We don't want to go crazy with decorations because the lodge has lots of beautiful wood that we don't want to take away from.

We are going to have a small 3 tier cake that was leaves down one side.  Since we both didn't want to have a cake, since we are not really cake people, we are also having fall pies. 

We will be doing the traditional first dance since it is important to FI. Our venue has a volleyball court, so we are planning on a huge family game during the reception.

We are going to have our ceremony outside the lodge and are thinking about having a wine box ceremony.  (I think that's what it's called.) I read about it on another post and FI thought it was very romantic and a good idea.

We really are just trying to keep things simple yet fun since we are on a tight budget while still keeping it memorable for everyone involved.
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome and congratulations! Sounds like you have a plan, and it sounds lovely.
    keep us posted as the planning conitnues.
  • MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Read your post about not being cake people, we aren't either and have decided on CowGirl Chocolates to provide truffles!  Which will be less expensive than the traditional wedding cake and they will match our colors with boxes and such so the chocolates can be displayed like a cake we just have to buy the tiers.

It sounds like a fun and lovely event though!!  Congratulations!!

MikesAngie
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards