Snarky Brides

Let's talk about something that's NOT depressing...

I've begun to feel movement this week, and the little buggars are movin' and groovin' ALL FREAKING DAY.  It's cute now, although, I have a feeling it won't be in another month.

Now you go...
Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Let's talk about something that's NOT depressing...

• I got to meet and pet goats last night :D  They were really cute and it was a lot of fun.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Thank you for this thread tide :) I'm excited for your *moving* babies!

We are having crappy weather today - like, no travel advised - but I am happy that it's happening now instead of later this week when we are traveling home for Christmas.

I've actually been really happy all weekend.  Ben and I finally got our house completely organized, we have our little Christmas tree up and all our gifts are wrapped.  We rented Toy Story 3 last night and watched it and when we were snuggling on our couch I told him how happy and excited I was to spend our first Christmas together.  Seriously - just beaming :)
    panther
  • I'm hopefully only 5 weeks from getting back to the States!
  • H and I have finally decided where we are going on vacation next year- we are going to rent a cabin in Tennessee in February! Yay for no working!
  • B - I was traumatized by a goat when I was a kid.  I'm convinced that they are all spawn of Satan.

AATB - that's awesome!  I'm usually a big Christmas person, but it still doesn't feel like Christmas yet to me.
  • K&J64K&J64 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2010
    FI is getting a finance excellence award today. Only 3 employees at her company get it each quarter. She will receive it from the CFO at their townhall meeting today and he'll read a little blurb to the whole company about her achievement. It's in recognition of a massive database she help build that her company is using for government reporting now. She worked hard on it all year and I'm glad they're recognizing that. I'm so proud of her!

Photobucket
  • I spent Friday and Saturday with my best friend.  We're so alike and we had a blast.  It was great to see her.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • I usually get my Christmas shopping done WAY before Christmas, but this year because of wedding crap I didn't get to.  I wasn't done until SATURDAY!  But it sure feels good to be done.  Now I'm just excited for everyone to open the gifts I got them :) YAY
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-talk-something-thats-not-depressing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:764afc47-16a3-4134-bb06-25fcc6118512Post:598ecd4b-836f-4da5-b47a-4eacb4c003b6">Re: Let's talk about something that's NOT depressing...</a>:
    [QUOTE]B - I was traumatized by a goat when I was a kid.  I'm convinced that they are all spawn of Satan.
    Posted by tidetravel[/QUOTE]
    I'm sorry, Tide.  That's not cool :(

I refused to pet the goats unless the owner was holding them.  I'm not really an animal person, and was terrified they may bite me.  Thankfully it was an incident free event.  The dogs, however, are a totally different story.  I'm terrified of dogs and didn't even want to look at the one that kept jumping on my lap trying to lick my face.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • So cute!

After like a 3 week lull, BF is getting work. (He owns his own construction business.)
    YEY!  He won't be receiving money until after Christmas, but gosh, it'll be nice when it gets here.

My Uncle's lypmh nodes are shrinking, which means the first round of Chemo is working.  He goes for round two next week.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-talk-something-thats-not-depressing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:764afc47-16a3-4134-bb06-25fcc6118512Post:a5f896cb-ff4e-4475-8e87-904384bbacc9">Re: Let's talk about something that's NOT depressing...</a>:
    [QUOTE]H and I have finally decided where we are going on vacation next year- we are going to rent a cabin in Tennessee in February! Yay for no working!
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

Are you going to Gatlinburg?

I was in Clarksville IN this weekend.  That close to you?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-talk-something-thats-not-depressing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:764afc47-16a3-4134-bb06-25fcc6118512Post:42008c7f-11bd-4d43-a1b7-8feb99a56e49">Re: Let's talk about something that's NOT depressing...</a>:
    [QUOTE]So cute! After like a 3 week lull, BF is getting work. (He owns his own construction business.) YEY!  He won't be receiving money until after Christmas, but gosh, it'll be nice when it gets here. <strong>My Uncle's lypmh nodes are shrinking, which means the first round of Chemo is working.  He goes for round two next week.
    </strong>Posted by Wrkn925[/QUOTE]

That's great Wrkn, I hope round two shrinks them away to nothing. And congrats to BF, hope the work keeps rolling in!

Photobucket
  • Any, that soon? It's coming up!

I love goats. I took care of my own little herd when I worked at the zoo, African pygmy goats. They were my buddies.

I'm happy because I got the job I wanted. I can't weait to tell H, but he's working on the boat today (river sampling for the state, something he does in the winter) and won't be back until later. It's driving me crazy not being able to tell him.
  • I bought FI a pocket watch from a little Irish store up the street. He figured out what it is (he drools over the thing every time we go in). So he went to the same store while I was at work Saturday and got me something. I have no idea what it is, and I want to know NOW! FI keeps taunting me with, "You'll never guess what it is..." I love the man, but he knows just how to annoy me!

On the plus side, besides my family party, I think we're going to have a "just the two of us" Christmas. We had that last year (because we were snowed in), and it was really nice. We'll probably just watch Christmas movies and eat stir-fry all day.
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-talk-something-thats-not-depressing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:764afc47-16a3-4134-bb06-25fcc6118512Post:09f8e5c8-30ff-4eab-923d-7e7a208f2c45">Re: Let's talk about something that's NOT depressing...</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Any, that soon?</strong> It's coming up! I love goats. I took care of my own little herd when I worked at the zoo, African pygmy goats. They were my buddies. I'm happy because I got the job I wanted. I can't weait to tell H, but he's working on the boat today (river sampling for the state, something he does in the winter) and won't be back until later. It's driving me crazy not being able to tell him.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

I dropped off my application on Nov 26th, and it's supposed to be 6 weeks from then before I hear back. Then it's medical exam and interview, and that whole thing is supposed to take a total of two months, so hopefully it stays on track and I can be down there for the beginning of February =) ABOUT EFFING TIME.
  • Oh thank you jcb!  And YAY for first married Christmases (I'm just way too excited now, I'm oooooozing excitement)
    panther
  • My dad messaged me last week to inform me that my little brother (who is turning into a real entitled little bugger who always gets his way) decided that they shouldnt visit for christmas on boxing day because he wanted to go shopping. I threw a bit of a fit and my dad told me to take it up with my brother and to "use my strengths" so I texted my brother and thanked him for ruining christmas and really laid on the guilt trip and he felt bad enough that he decided not to go shopping. It is RARE that anyone but that kid gets their way, so I feel victorious.
  • Haha oh Nebb :) That story is hilarious!
    panther
  • We went to see "Cavalia" this weekend for my sister's birthday and it was AMAZING.
    Link:  www.cavalia.net

The horses were all so beautiful and they let them be themselves. It made a crappy day so much better.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Bubbs - Cavalia is an AWESOME show!  We saw it a few years ago.  It's like Cirque w/ horses.

Nebb - I admire your "skills"
  • CellesCelles member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2010

It took me 29 minutes to get to work from my new house this morning.  *dance*

29 minutes after 55-90 minute commutes (depending upon traffic) for the last year feels AWESOME.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-talk-something-thats-not-depressing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:764afc47-16a3-4134-bb06-25fcc6118512Post:8cec0dfb-dd02-4420-aa70-db9f971f7106">Re: Let's talk about something that's NOT depressing...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bubbs - Cavalia is an AWESOME show!  We saw it a few years ago.  It's like Cirque w/ horses. <strong>Nebb - I admire your "skills"
    </strong>Posted by tidetravel[/QUOTE]

Heh, theyve gotten better with age. Im amused my dad pretty much knew I was going to do that too.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-talk-something-thats-not-depressing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:764afc47-16a3-4134-bb06-25fcc6118512Post:f14dade2-a41e-44e6-a5ec-593edd34c297">Re: Let's talk about something that's NOT depressing...</a>:
    [QUOTE]It took me 29 minutes to get to work from my new house this morning.  *dance* 29 minutes after 55-90 minute commutes (depending upon traffic) for the last year feels AWESOME.
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

Damn. I can barely take my 15 minute drive, I'd die with an hour/hour and a half!
  • Tide- your baby stories make my uterus twitch.  I never thought I wanted kids until about a year ago and now I can't stop thinking about them.  Ugh. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-talk-something-thats-not-depressing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:764afc47-16a3-4134-bb06-25fcc6118512Post:e7c1160a-7165-4ead-9df8-bf0c5b56d3cb">Re: Let's talk about something that's NOT depressing...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's talk about something that's NOT depressing... : Damn. I can barely take my 15 minute drive, I'd die with an hour/hour and a half!
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I didn't want to brag, but I live 10mins from where I work.
    I despise mornings, and cannot wake up early, so I couldn't handle a commute.

But YEY for Celles cutting her commute that much!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-talk-something-thats-not-depressing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:764afc47-16a3-4134-bb06-25fcc6118512Post:4c7c46f3-129d-436a-8d13-bfe40aefa311">Re: Let's talk about something that's NOT depressing...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tide- your baby stories make my uterus twitch.  I never thought I wanted kids until about a year ago and now I can't stop thinking about them.  Ugh. 
    Posted by chirpchirp[/QUOTE]

Sorry, Chirp.  I'll make sure to relay the bad ones too, so maybe that'll help with the baby fever.  For example, I just ate lunch, and now the movement has increased (all that energy getting to them).  I'm pretty sure that once they move past the "flutter" stage, into the actual kicking and punching stage, I'm going to stop eating for the rest of the pregnancy. 
  • FI has never worked more than five minutes from work, the jerk.  There's a Chase Bank about five minutes from our new house; knowing him, he'll get a job there when he finally gets to move to the US and I'll have to hate on him for having a sixth of my commute.

• haha- yes please relay the less than cute stories as well.  But don't be sorry.  I kind of like that I warmed up to the idea of having children so I'm enjoying the updates from all the pregnant ladies.  But I think I'll hold off for a few years myself. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-talk-something-thats-not-depressing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:764afc47-16a3-4134-bb06-25fcc6118512Post:4c7c46f3-129d-436a-8d13-bfe40aefa311">Re: Let's talk about something that's NOT depressing...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tide- your baby stories make my uterus twitch.  I never thought I wanted kids until about a year ago and now I can't stop thinking about them.  Ugh. 
    Posted by chirpchirp[/QUOTE]

<div>Stay away from here then!  Between Tide and Suc, your uterus is screwed.</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-talk-something-thats-not-depressing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:764afc47-16a3-4134-bb06-25fcc6118512Post:6d9bde0b-6396-49ba-ac25-fad616109739">Re: Let's talk about something that's NOT depressing...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's talk about something that's NOT depressing... : Are you going to Gatlinburg? I was in Clarksville IN this weekend.  That close to you?
    Posted by Wrkn925[/QUOTE]

Gatlingburg/Pigeon Forge/Sevierville area. We have a few cabins in mind, we just have to figure out if we want to take the dog or not.

Clarksville is probably as far away from me in Indiana as you could be. :) I live in the northeast corner of the state.

Yay for less commute, Celles. I feel your (now nonexistent) pain. I've been commuting an hour each way for 2.5 years.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards