Military Brides
Options

Military MOMs!!!

My aunt is driving me crazy... She reminds me of Professior Xavier Charles from the X-men. I didn't want children... there are children coming, I didn't want elderly folk.... my grandmother who could barely walk is flying in from Miami, I wanted a appitizers ...there is going to be food food! I wanted to keep the security at a minium... so my guest wouldn't feel like a terrorist... there are like four security checks. I wanted a small wedding of 50... my list is 120. My hair iliterally falling out. Stressed to the point where I'm starting not care abou the whole thing.

Re: Military MOMs!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What kind wedding are you having that you have to have 4 security checks?
  • Options
    meltoinemeltoine member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I assume your talking about your wedding. Why is your aunt calling the shots? What do you have against elderly people and "food food"?
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can totally relate. If ONE more person tells me what to do, when to do it, how to do it, I'm going to pull my own hair out. ugh.. 6 more months of this crap!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

Ok, I don't know what you have against old people, but I think it's pretty f-ed up that you are bitching about your grandma comming because she can barely walk.  She's your friggin grandma!  Have some damn respect.

Anyway, moving on.  I don't understand why you are letting your aunt run the show.  Put your big girl pants on and stand up for your self.  This is your wedding, you make the decisions.  If you aren't going to put your foot down and take control, you have no right to gripe about it. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I didn't read this until now, because I thought it was about moms IN the military, but if my grandmother couldn't come to my wedding, I would be heartbroken. 
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This looks like a perfect time to establish boundaries and speak up for yourself.  If you don't, you lose the right to gripe.
    Twin boys due 7/25/12
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have no idea what this has to do with military moms but you should do the following:

1.) Stop griping about your elderly grandmother coming to your wedding.  It is probably a huge undertaking for her if she's having problems walking to fly to you for YOUR wedding.  You should be elated she's coming to see you on such an important day.

2.)  If you and your FI are paying for the wedding and auntie isn't chipping in a dime then act like an adult and kindly tell her to buzz off.  If auntie is footing the bill for your wedding then you have to let her have say in the things she is paying for.

3.)  if you're marrying a man in the military or are in the military you should get use to not having control over every.single.little.thing in your life.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Is MOM some kind of acronym that I missed?

Oh, and YOU... need to buy a set of horns instead of a veil.

• Options
    mommakx3mommakx3 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_military-moms?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:b497a27c-70bc-4fd0-961d-6dc7c6c0d53aPost:38580797-0d45-4eed-8a83-f7c42120312b">Re: Military MOMs!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is MOM some kind of acronym that I missed? <strong>Oh, and YOU... need to buy a set of horns instead of a veil.
    </strong>Posted by ARMYmarriedNAVY[/QUOTE]
    bwwahhhhahahaha
    I want to know what "food food" is!
  • Options
    elizabethm4elizabethm4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_military-moms?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:b497a27c-70bc-4fd0-961d-6dc7c6c0d53aPost:53926e9c-ebc2-4812-9229-f2dd67b4e65c">Re: Military MOMs!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE] if you're marrying a man in the military or are in the military you should get use to not having control over every.single.little.thing in your life.
    Posted by Sgt M's Wife[/QUOTE]
    ditto<div>
    </div><div>oh and ditto the why the hell don't you want grandma there sentiment</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards